Author Topic: confession: I have a crush on new Adam  (Read 571 times)

Miravep

confession: I have a crush on new Adam
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:02:28 PM »
I know, the mustache, but I can't help it.  The chiseled face, sexy hair, and brooding vulnerability, mixed with canny intelligence.  I'm falling for him.   ;)

He is reminding me of the first Adam, as played by Chris Engen, who I wasn't attracted to, but was handsome in a boy-next-door sort of way, and was always half-seducing everyone but you never knew what he was really up to.

kc-opk

Re: confession: I have a crush on new Adam
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 02:00:58 AM »
I think he is a great addition to the show.  He is very believable as Adam and I think he is a good actor.  I was a huge MM fan and of course Justin, but this new Adam really makes me feel like he is Adam.

However, I do wonder who he keeps texting. Looking forward to what comes next. 

MarieD

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 10:28:30 AM »
It could be Chelsea, as some people think, or maybe it's that woman in Vegas who was in his apartment.  Or, more important right now, who shot him?  Chloe?  If so, how did she find out he's back in GC?

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 11:42:14 AM »
After watching Mark Grossman as Adam for a week, I think he will do just fine.  As to who he is texting... I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with the bag full of money that he has.

franniep51

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 12:35:23 PM »
I was skeptical but I do approve. I think he will do just fine.
Who he is texting, I think Chelsea but only because I know she is returning.

GymWarrior

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 01:35:44 PM »
New Adam fits the edgy bill.  Only problem is I don't want him to lure Sharon back in, but since I heard it on the grapevine that Chelsea may be returning, it gives me hope.

Miravep

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 01:45:42 PM »
He's so sexy and edgy, I look forward to seeing him romantically with someone.  I'm assuming that person will be Chelsea.  But he could be amazing with Sharon despite the age difference.  Either is fine with me.  As long as it's not Phyllis.

Peridot

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 02:02:46 PM »
I think the actor will be fine in the role.  Physically I feel he's convincing as the son of Victor Newman.  I do think he looks a bit young for the part, not old enough to have been married three times and fathered two children and done all the other things Adam is supposed to have done.  So far he has pretty good chemistry with Victor and Sharon and I can already sense the animosity between Adam and Victoria and Nicholas.  I guess for me the Newman family chemistry outweighs any flaws the guy might have.

SANDY B

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 05:42:24 PM »
I'm loving him.

katiesbeach

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 06:09:47 PM »
I really like him. 

monkeymome3

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »
So far, I think he is bring some of both MM and JH's Adam to the picture.  I like him.  I just hope the writers don't ruin him right away so that he has to take off or die again.  Can we keep him long term?  The stories are endless.

lawgirl

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
So far, I think he is bring some of both MM and JH's Adam to the picture.  I like him.  I just hope the writers don't ruin him right away so that he has to take off or die again.  Can we keep him long term? The stories are endless.

I think the new actor playing Adam has qualities of both JH and MM and is doing quite well with the material he's being given.  His longevity really depends on whether Eric Braeden doesn't feel threatened by him.

LucyLou

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 10:24:49 PM »
I like him fine so far. I donít find him attractive though. He reminds me of Ricky...He didnít do it for me either lol but I think Iím in the minority there.

wanda

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 11:26:07 PM »
I like him fine so far. I donít find him attractive though. He reminds me of Ricky...He didnít do it for me either lol but I think Iím in the minority there.

Yes! He reminds me of Ricky too!

Billie

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 09:34:55 AM »
I don't find him particularly attractive either.  He's just meh.  He looks a little scrawny and that baby mustache annoys me to no end.I need more time to determine how good of an actor he is.  He has big shoes to fill in MM's absence.

wanda

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 09:55:06 AM »
I don't find him particularly attractive either.  He's just meh.  He looks a little scrawny and that baby mustache annoys me to no end.I need more time to determine how good of an actor he is.  He has big shoes to fill in MM's absence.

That's pretty much how I feel too, so I've held back on giving much of an opinion of him. I'm still.on the fence.

Soaprah

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 10:02:46 AM »
In my opinion, he's okay but only that. Maybe he'll grow into the role. He's quite boyish in appearance (I don't find his bony, angular face to be attractive) and demeanour. Even his voice seems young. When he's with Sharon, he seems younger still. There is a 16-year difference between Mark Grossman and Sharon Case, and Sharon, while not exactly motherly, is almost too protective toward him and not in a "former lover" way.

Miravep

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 04:37:38 PM »
I didn't find Ricky attractive either.
And I understand about new Adam's face -- I find it kind of odd too, unusual more than handsome -- but for some reason I'm totally crushing on the guy.  I think it's the bad-boy thing?  He also makes me laugh once every episode (with his slight sarcasm), which is more than most of the actors do.  We'll see.   I seem to be alone in my attraction!   :)

MarieD

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »
Who's Ricky, other than one of our posters? 

Capricorn

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 05:23:43 PM »
I didn't find Ricky handsome either.   I see him in Hallmark Movies and still don't think he's handsome or that attractive.   Mark Grossman is not what I'd call handsome either,  his features are sharp and angular but there's something about the way he is playing the role that reminds me of Michael Muhney's version of Adam.   I think it's the bad boy vibe that make him somewhat attractive to people who are drawn to the leather jacket wearing, mysterious aura.

Capricorn

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
Who's Ricky, other than one of our posters?

Chief of Police - Paul Williams son who if I'm remembering correctly was quite evil.   He was shot by his own father and fell out a window and died.

MarieD

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »
Right....I'd forgotten him.