Author Topic: Lauren!  (Read 1151 times)

katiesbeach

Lauren!
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:47:58 PM »

I thought someone would have beat me to this, but OMG.  The tan suit that looks like someone just ripped down the right shoulder, and the kittenish messy hair.  Was she really trying to pull off a business look?  I wonder how ED (Ashley) was able to sit there with a straight face.  I get that Lauren is supposed to be in to fashion, and therefore fashionable, but she missed the mark in favor of trashy and unprofessional (not too mention that she's not dressing her age.)

deirdra

Re: Lauren!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:21:54 PM »
I saw it a day ahead in Canada and held my tongue, but had the same reaction as you.  At GCAC I was beginning to wonder if Lauren is bisexual and trying to seduce Ashley with her one bare shoulder & collarbone, coyly peeking out from behind a hunk of hair.

wanda

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »
I hope we get to see pictures of the way the model wore it. I want to see if that one shoulder was supposed to be hanging down like that. Later at Jabot it looked even worse when she was standing up. It looked like it was falling off of her and I was afraid her boobs were going to be exposed.

Soaprah

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 08:38:25 PM »
Lauren looked like an Ann-Margret wannabe-- after a bender.

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 11:20:42 PM »
Yes, she looked very unprofessional in that beige outfit, and her hair looked like she hadn't combed it.  If that's a wig, it isn't worth the money she paid for it. 

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »

Back in the 1980s, I remember my sister shaking her head sadly after one of Lauren's scenes and saying, "Ashley Abbott always looks like she just stepped out of Giorgios of Beverly Hills, and poor little Lauren Fenmore always looks like she's wearing half of a dress that she snatched up at a Woolworth's fire sale while her eyes were dialted."   Strange that it's still true 30 years later.   

wanda

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 12:23:53 AM »
https://uploads.wornontv.net/2018/10/misha-collection-jordyn-dress-lauren-yr.jpg

Here is the link of the dress on Lauren and the model. It looks very sloppy on Lauren compared to the model.

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 12:51:22 AM »
It looks stupid on the model and Lauren, like they have just escaped from someone who tried to tear off their clothes.  Not a good choice in this #metoo era, and the come-hither look does not belong in the office.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 08:43:45 AM »
Itís ugly as heck.  Lauren needs a serious makeover, starting with her hair!

Iím almost embarrassed for her, trying so hard but failing miserably.

Peridot

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 09:39:51 AM »
The bare shoulder made Lauren's suit look like someone took her collar and gave it a good yank.  In general I'm annoyed by one bare shoulder, one bare arm, etc. in ladies fashions.  I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must feel to have one side of your body warm and the other side cold.

Lauren has also been looking a little washed out lately.  Her hair is several shades lighter and they're dressing her in a lot of pastels and neutrals.  Not very flattering, especially for a character who works in the glamor industry and has always been a bit flamboyant.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »
It looks like the off the one shoulder is how it is supposed to look, but it didn't do anything for her.  I thought her big hair gave her a more lolypop look than usual.  Big head on little body.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »
Her hair looks fake and I don't care for the colour. 

Even though Victoria's hair is usually front and centre, at least it's beautiful and natural.

franniep51

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 12:31:17 PM »
She reminds me of Dolly Parton in Best Little Whorehouse.  In fact Lauren frequently looks like a Madame.

bren

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 01:27:18 AM »
And, oddly for Lauren, the dress (?) looks too big, sleeves way too long (wrinkled).  Models typically have no boobs to speak of, so clothes hang differently on them.  Also, they are posed, where we see Y&R characters "in motion," which can make clothes look very different. This dress would not look good on anyone IMO.

missybug88

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 01:18:24 PM »
The most horrible dress ever. Rewatching the episode now. Looks even worse than it did on Friday. Such a beautiful actress but she is dressed so ridiculously. Don't even get me started on the hair.

LeannaLove

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 06:51:42 PM »
https://uploads.wornontv.net/2018/10/misha-collection-jordyn-dress-lauren-yr.jpg

Here is the link of the dress on Lauren and the model. It looks very sloppy on Lauren compared to the model.
That looks like a bathrobe that she's thrown on after a rough night of drinking and partying.  Maybe someone knocked on the hotel room door (security, perhaps?) and now she has to answer it, looked all rumpled and frazzled.
TB is beautiful but her style choices in hair, makeup and clothing, certainly detract from it.  You notice the slutty clothes instead of the great body, the tacky hair instead of the pretty face. 

She truly needs an intervention.

Billie

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 08:31:22 PM »
I actually thought that the dress had potential.  If both shoulders were the same and both covering shoulders, it would have looked good. I even liked the color. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
I actually thought that the dress had potential.  If both shoulders were the same and both covering shoulders, it would have looked good. I even liked the color.
I think the bigger problem is no matter if the shoulders were both down (or even up), the sex kitten look doesn't belong in the board room.....regardless if she has a great figure or not.  And her hair is a mess.

LeannaLove

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »
On another note. Lauren was looking rough today in her scenes with Phyllis at the GCAC.  Her face is pulled so tight her upper lip has all but vanished and when she smiles r speaks, her face does not move. 

I'd also chime in about that stiff, ugly, outdated wig she wears but that horse has been beaten to death.  A new, fresh cut and color would work wonders in making this woman look softer and younger.

deirdra

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
I'd also chime in about that stiff, ugly, outdated wig she wears but that horse has been beaten to death.  A new, fresh cut and color would work wonders in making this woman look softer and younger.
Now you've got me thinking that the wig is made of horse hair. She should use some Mane and Tail on it.