Author Topic: Ashley the schemer... MERGED WITH Ashley  (Read 376 times)

stpauliegirl

Ashley the schemer... MERGED WITH Ashley
« on: October 11, 2018, 08:08:18 PM »
Kyle keeps saying that Ashley is a schemer.  Since when.  I know this final storyline has her hiding something, but it seems very out of character for her.  Ashley has always been above board, which has allowed Jack, who is a world class schemer, to take advantage of her time and time again.  Kyle seems to be taking after his father in the scheming department.  Can others think of any other instances where Ashley has been scheming and dishonest?  The only thing that comes to mind for me was when she stole Victor's swimmers to beget Abby.

deirdra

Re: Ashley the schemer...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:03:51 PM »
TPTB needed to get rid of Ashley to save money, so they gave her a personality transplant to drive her out of town. 

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:36:57 PM »
Ding, ding, ding!

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:55:40 PM »
I agree, the only other time I recall Ashley being a schemer was when she stole Victor's Goat juice away from Diane Jenkins so she could impregnate herself.  Since then she's been a fairly solid citizen.  I'm kind of disappointed in Ashley, but I guess if she's leaving the writers need a good reason for her to get the boot.

DebR

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »
TPTB needed to get rid of Ashley to save money, so they gave her a personality transplant to drive her out of town. 

I agree.  I donít know how Mal can have Ashley make return appearances for get togethers if heís writing her out in such a drastic change in her character.  I donít appreciate her exit storyline this way.

Billie

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 09:59:58 AM »
I agree with all of the posters.  It seems odd though that they gave Hilary such a heroic and positive exit.  She was a relative newcomer next to Ashley who's been on the show for decades.  I wish they could have painted her in a similar light and not changed her so drastically.

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 11:19:39 AM »
Ashley's ignominious exit does not feel right. Are TPTB being vindictive? That's my opinion, and I can only imagine how Eileen Davidson feels playing this imposed 180 in character. From what I've seen, she is carrying on with integrity, acting her role well, as always. If I were her, I'd be tempted to think, "Let me get this over with and get the hell out of here!" 

Maple Leaf

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 02:00:27 PM »
Better to go out with a 'bang', rather than a 'fizzle' I guess..

Ricky

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 03:53:35 AM »

I don't blame her (attractive) ass one bit.   Aunt Jack has tormented the girl for more than 30 years, taken things from her, blackmailed her, manipulated her, and shattered her self-esteem for being Brent Davis's biological child.   It's about time for her to FINALLY stand up & give the Wicked Old Witch a taste of his own medicine.   

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
I agree with you Ricky.   I'm on Ashley's side and I don't understand the outrage of the Abbott clan because they all know how badly Jack has treated Ashley over the years.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »
I don't feel too sorry for Jack either.  He's treated Ashley terribly more times than I can count.  Does anyone really believe he enacted the "blood Abbott clause" to protect Jabot from Phyllis?  No.  He did it to keep Ashley from becoming CEO when she wanted to challenge him for the position.  Her payback by letting him be uncertain about his birthright for a few months is pretty inconsequential compared to the mean things he's done to her over the years.

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 01:21:44 PM »
I don't feel too sorry for Jack either, but Ashley's using Traci to get her way was despicable.

Chuckles

Ashley
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 03:56:36 PM »
I'm shocked nobody is saying anything about Ashley and her behavior to Jack and the rest of the family.  Do you think they just won't show her anymore (since she is leaving?) and does anyone know where she is going or why she is leaving?

katiesbeach

Re: Ashley the schemer... MERGED WITH Ashley
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 05:21:16 PM »
I don't know....Ashley is selling me on it.  It wouldn't work if she were sticking around, but I guess this is as good a way as any to write her off and still make John an Abbott.  Years later when they lure her back (as we all know they should), or recast Ashley- maybe they can have Jack discover that she is also really John's daughter and he searches for her and brings her back.

Miravep

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
This seems so abrupt and out of character.  I think Eileen Davidson is selling it, but just a month ago, she and Jack truly seemed to have connected as siblings again.  They seemed loving and close in the past few months. 

I know the writers want maximum shock value and drama here, but I would like the story better if Ashley were to show some internal conflict over this.  Like she had been enraged by Jack's despicable behavior, so she hatched this scheme.  But she's had regrets and is about to come clean.  That's when Andrew shows up.  Some ambivalence about such a cruel plot would seem more in character for Ashley, IMO.

franniep51

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 10:38:58 AM »
I think both Ashley and Jack have done wrong. Jack has been callous in the past but itís just that, the past (even if itís only been months). The Ashley-caused wounds are fresh and seem so much worse, in my opinion, because of the damage done to the rest of the familyóDina, Abby, Kyle, Tracy, Billy.  Itís one big domino effect.  The actors are doing a great job selling the story.  Because the wounds are so fresh, Iím on Jacks team.  I think Ashley is having mental issues and will go out be cause of that reason.  Eventually there will be a reconciliation, at least I hope so.  Then Ashley can come back for family occasions.