Author Topic: Oct. 10th episode.  (Read 148 times)

DebR

Oct. 10th episode.
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:18:51 PM »
They May have been blindsided but I wasnít with the vote.  Especially once I saw Mikeís face while voting.  The 2 were quite antagonistic towards each other, werenít they?  I didnít care which one went, both were annoying.

The weather has been quite rough this season!

deirdra

Re: Oct. 10th episode.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »
It is ironic that Jeremy felt the need to tell Natalie several times that she was not aware of how others perceived her tone and comments and that she must have never watched Survivor, when it was his tone, comments and behaving like other twits at tribal council who got themselves voted off early that caused his downfall.  I hope Little Miss Manipulative who pushed to get Jeremy voted off because he annoyed her gets her comeuppance.  A better blindside would have been to get rid of half of the Ken & Barbie couple since everyone was focussed on Natalie.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:21:12 AM by deirdra »

katiesbeach

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:44:03 PM »
I don't know how Natalie survived that vote, but historically, they have kept really annoying people around just because they know they aren't a threat.  Annoying yes, but a threat to win - not so much.

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:15:07 PM »
As soon as Jeremy let his insecurities get the better of him and held his little meeting to get on people for having side conversations I knew he was in trouble.  I would have voted him off too.  Natalie is not really a threat, no one is going to form a close alliance with her.  I already know that after saying that we will now see her mastermind an alliance that will take her to the end and a million dollars.  You can all blame me for inciting the wrath of the Survivor gods for that if it happens. 

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 10:24:28 AM »
I actually read a couple of Jeremy's interviews after he got kicked off and he said he was voted off because of stuff that was going on behind the scenes, that wasn't shown on camera.  Here is why he says he got voted off:

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Jeremy claimed it wasn't his feud with fellow Goliath tribe member Natalie Cole that led to his downfall, as depicted on the show. Instead, he said he was targeted by contestant Angelina Keeley after making a joke about her relationship with ally John Hennigan, saying they were in "a showmance," similar to the flirtation featured on-screen between Dan Rengering and Kara Kay, also members of the Goliath tribe.

"The showmance was like Dan and Kara's, except Angelina was into John like Dan was into Kara; John, not so much," he told THR. "But since Angelina was a newlywed, she didn't want anyone to say on air that she was in a showmance."

Through three episodes of Survivor: David vs. Goliath, there has been no mention of or allusion to any romance between Angelina and John; both castaways were married and engaged respectively at the time of production. John, the pro wrestler alternately known as "Johnny Mundo" and "The Mayor of Slamtown," married fellow wrestler Taya Valkyrie shortly after David vs. Goliath finished taping.

Jeremy, who was unanimously voted out of his tribe, claimed that Angelina "didn't want us to say anything [about the showmance] in testimonials, out of fear that it would make her look bad. After the reward challenge where we won fishing equipment, I made a joke about Angelina and John's showmance that got back to Angelina the day we went to the immunity challenge. That [put] Angelina on the warpath to get me out before anyone said anything about her being in a showmance. It's very difficult, because you don't get to see it on air, but I think that was the nail in [my] coffin."

Asked to elaborate on why he believed Angelina and John's dynamic went beyond the scope of the game, Jeremy claimed: "[It] wasn't a secret. If it rained, Angelina would take care of John's clothes and make sure they were dry, even before her own. If they went out to look for coconuts, they went out to look together. They were in a showmance."

Jeremy then referenced the scene in the second episode of David vs. Goliath in which Angelina, Kara and fellow ally Natalia Azoqa forged their partnership: "They said, 'Natalia has Alec,' because she was in a flirtation with Alec; it was more like Mr. and Mrs. Smith, not a showmance. Then [Angelina] said, 'You have Dan, and I have John.' She didn't say she had anybody else. She said, 'I have John.' It was a known thing. It was also known that she didn't want the world to know about it."
"In the scene where she's talking to Natalia and saying, 'We have to vote Jeremy out Ö I don't trust him anymore,' that 'anymore' is based on that joke," he continued. "She didn't trust that I wasn't going to keep the secret. She didn't like that I talked to John and said, 'If you're trying to keep this a secret, when you get over to the tribe swap, they're going to [find out], because you're always together.' Survivor doesn't have a lot of rules, but telling someone not to say something on camera? That's a rule. That's a bridge way too far."

DebR

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 10:36:17 AM »
That was an interesting read, stpauliegirl.  Like I always say, itís all in the editing on reality shows. 

Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
It is in the editing, but I still think pulling his little tribal meeting and basically telling people they should not talk to anyone alone was the thing that put a big target on him.  I know if I had been on the tribe and someone did that I'd be targeting them.  Also the move about confronting Natalie when she was wanting to talk to people probably did not sit well. I don't think he can pin all the blame on Angelina, and even then it was still his mouth getting him in trouble.  I always think it's interesting that even the super fans of the show, which I think he is one, that get on there still make the same dumb mistakes they see other players do in other season.