Author Topic: Victoria Keeping Busy  (Read 334 times)

Twokeets

Victoria Keeping Busy
« on: October 09, 2018, 08:18:15 PM »
I get a kick out of Victoria's various ways of looking busy. At home, it was always Victoria running around scooping up toys. At work we always see her seated at her desk moving envelopes back and forth. Reminds me of how Chief Williams would sit at his desk behind one of those brown boxes, examining the baggies of evidence in it.

Capricorn

Re: Victoria Keeping Busy
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »
Victoria has to be the most debilitating but yet busiest person on earth, she also the most frantic and frazzled person ever.  She makes me go cross eyed whenever she's on screen.  I can't stand her.

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:21:08 PM »
Sometimes at home she has her laptop, tablet and phone, presumably because most of the files are digital, but then she has lots of paper & folders as well to "work" on.  She probably sees herself as a great multitasker, but we see her as one who gets nothing done.

katiesbeach

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:31:06 PM »
She looks/acts frazzled.  If I saw someone like that at work, I would tell them to take a break and unplug for a while.  However, she really isn't do any real work.  She's always entertaining her mother in her office or having lunch at the GCAC.  When 'work is piling up' (as Victoria said to her mom today), she should be heads down and not entertaining her mother's visits - which are clearly not work related.

DebR

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:07:52 PM »
It was funny watching Victoria take out the folders, put them back, take out the suspicious note, put it back, all the while that shaky camera followed her every move around the office.

monkeymome3

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 11:11:29 PM »
That camera was horrible on my brain.  I hope they don't do that often.

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:17:15 PM »
I mentioned Victoria's "work" routine a few months ago-- open a file folder (which usually holds only one sheet of paper), close it in consternation or slap it onto the desk, pick up another folder, repeat until Nikki walks in. Amelia Heinle is terrible at what theatre calls "stage business". She, like EB, has a few gestures that she falls back on in any situation. Frazzled homemaker: gather stuffed animals, as Twokeets said. Frazzled CEO: wave file folders around. Just plain frazzled: run your hands through your hair. In my opinion, AH is the worst actress on the show.   

Billie

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
I mentioned Victoria's "work" routine a few months ago-- open a file folder (which usually holds only one sheet of paper), close it in consternation or slap it onto the desk, pick up another folder, repeat until Nikki walks in. Amelia Heinle is terrible at what theatre calls "stage business". She, like EB, has a few gestures that she falls back on in any situation. Frazzled homemaker: gather stuffed animals, as Twokeets said. Frazzled CEO: wave file folders around. Just plain frazzled: run your hands through your hair. In my opinion, AH is the worst actress on the show.
Perfectly stated and agree with you 100%!

Maple Leaf

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »
In a huge conglomerate like Newman, why in the name of God are they still using file folders?  Plowing through stacks of folders, flipping and flapping papers, just doesn't make any sense these days. 

I have anxiety issues myself, and watching Victoria gives me heart palpitations, so I usually ff through anything to do with her..

..and that hair!  I wish she'd either keep it off her face and out of her eyes, or tie it back!  Lord - I can't stand that character at all!

Miravep

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »
Perfectly stated and agree with you 100%!
EXACTLY.

Peridot

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 07:07:50 PM »
I'll never understand why on earth the writers insist on cramming Victoria down our throats as some powerhouse executive.  The woman looks frazzled even when she's doing the simplest paperwork.  How on earth does she manage the daily stress of running a corporate division and overseeing employees?  Amelia Heinle's Victoria has never been believable in such a role.  Victoria supposedly has an artistic side; IMO the show should've moved her in that direction eons ago.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »
 She also opens desk drawers that have a couple things in them and then slams the drawers shut.  Heather Tom was much more believable as a business executive than Amelia H has ever been.  Too bad they can't switch roles.  Amelia would be a better Katie than she is Victoria.

Billie

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 08:07:16 PM »
And she also shoves her entire head of her hair from the back to the front.  It's odd to see the back of her head with no hair there. I know it's to give her hair a fuller, thicker look but I wish she'd distribute it more naturally.

franniep51

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
That camera was horrible on my brain.  I hope they don't do that often.

Sort of a Blair Witch feel to it.  It hurt my eyes.

LeannaLove

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »
I always laugh when she's "Frazzled Mom", teetering around on her stiletto heels, picking up stuffed animals and raking at her hair.  Real moms would take those damn shoes off and get the hair back in a ponytail.
Speaking of Frazzled Moms, not sure if anyone remembers this but I mention my twin sons from time to time.  They were my late in life baby boys, now 18, born well after I didn't think I'd be blessed with children in this life.  Then I went and had two at the same time.  LOL.
Both left for college this past August.  They don't return home until the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  They both love school and their independence and are doing well apart from one another for the first time, which, in my heart, is the way I know it should be.
But I'm an empty nester now.  It's nice in some ways and breaks my heart in others.  I'm astounded..it seems like they should be about 5 years old.  Sure is quiet with just me and my husband rattling around the house.

::climbing off soapbox:  thanks for listening::  Leanna

missybug88

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 03:31:22 PM »
True and true about the high heels and hair. So silly. Congrats on the boys. Wonderful!