Author Topic: Nick & Phyllis at the bar  (Read 285 times)

katiesbeach

Nick & Phyllis at the bar
« on: October 08, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »
I don't know why they do this over and over again on these shows.  When your spouse is mad at you for cheating on you with someone else, you should STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from that person.  On the OFF chance that someone might see you together is bad enough, but these people are having COCKTAILS, at the most frequented place (besides Phyllis's bed) in GC.  It always makes me want to absolutely scream at them.  Loved when Sharon said 'why don't you just go ahead and do it on the bar.'  LOL

maxie

Re: Nick & Phyllis at the bar
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:40:41 PM »
Oh I know, katiesbeach, these people regularly do the most stupid things, then wonder at the repercussions.  I am loving how Sharon is letting them have it, and not holding back. 

Maple Leaf

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
Loved when Sharon said 'why don't you just go ahead and do it on the bar.'  LOL

Little does Sharon know, the bar is pretty similar to where the actual deed was done!

jinx

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »
I don't know why they do this over and over again on these shows.  When your spouse is mad at you for cheating on you with someone else, you should STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from that person.  On the OFF chance that someone might see you together is bad enough, but these people are having COCKTAILS, at the most frequented place (besides Phyllis's bed) in GC.  It always makes me want to absolutely scream at them.  Loved when Sharon said 'why don't you just go ahead and do it on the bar.'  LOL
Hahahaha! How true!

pcrchik

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
i thought that sharon's rip into phyllis was pretty on point, and quite honestly some of the things that phyllis said back were on point as well, but sharon of course won the day with hers.

and maybe i'm a moron, but with all the stuff that sharon has not only done to nick but put him through, she is the last one to get this upset over what he did.  as some of you have pointed out, these two are far from mature enough to deal responsibly with any of this, but its sort of like the pot calling the kettle black....just a tad?? 

i'm not saying what nick did was right, but like jack said in the office to nick and abby, we're the last ones to throw stones....but with phyllis...really??  i get that it hurts all the more because it was with phyllis, but ultimately these two have been there done that with cheating on each other so many times its like...does this really hurt that much?  what about getting some psychological help, marriage counseling or something, what about working through it and trying to build rather than just saying that's enough it's over blah blah blah.

as i said...maybe i'm a moron... ??? i guess it just felt like THIS time these two had turned the page and were finally looking at their relationship through wise eyes...but i get it....cheating on a partner is a huge ask to forgive.

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 07:32:55 PM »
Funny, isn't it?  In Genoa City you can't swing a cat without bumping into the person most inappropriate for you to be spending time with.  On the other hand, when you really need to find someone they might as well be on Mars.

I get that Sharon is mad but her outrage seems over the top to me.  You'd think that whenever she thought of Nick keeping a secret about porking Phyllis, she'd remember the much BIGGER secret she's keeping about disposing of J.T. and maybe put it all in perspective.

katiesbeach

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »

Funny, isn't it?  In Genoa City you can't swing a cat without bumping into the person most inappropriate for you to be spending time with.  On the other hand, when you really need to find someone they might as well be on Mars.

I get that Sharon is mad but her outrage seems over the top to me.  You'd think that whenever she thought of Nick keeping a secret about porking Phyllis, she'd remember the much BIGGER secret she's keeping about disposing of J.T. and maybe put it all in perspective.
Yea, she's going to have to eat major crow when Nick finds out that she was dissing him for lying, when she is keeping that huge secret.  Her only saving grace is that she is keeping the secret to protect  both his mother and his sister.

wanda

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »
There is a difference between their lies. Nick intentionally slept with Phyllis and kept it to himself. Sharon is more of a victim. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time when Nikki killed JT and then Phyllis bullied Sharon and the rest to keep quiet about it. How many times did Sharon want to tell and they all 3 gang up on her to keep her mouth shut.

katiesbeach

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 08:58:08 AM »
There is a difference between their lies. Nick intentionally slept with Phyllis and kept it to himself. Sharon is more of a victim. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time when Nikki killed JT and then Phyllis bullied Sharon and the rest to keep quiet about it. How many times did Sharon want to tell and they all 3 gang up on her to keep her mouth shut.
I fundamentally agree with you Wanda, but Sharon should have learned by now that keeping secrets - or anything - from her significant other is not the way to go.  No matter what her reasons are, it shows a lack of faith and trust in your partner that they couldn't either help you or support you with such a big issue.   In the end, I think that is what hurts the other person more than the actual content of the lie.