Author Topic: **Wedding Fashion**  (Read 349 times)

Capricorn

**Wedding Fashion**
« on: October 06, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »

I might get rotten tomatoes thrown on me for saying this: 

I guess the dress is pretty on Sharon because most things looks good on her.  However the lace is extremely cheap looking to me.  This is a dress that can be bought in a small boutique for $99 - $199.  I can tell that it was made on location by a woman who usually does alterations to the clothes worn on Y&R.

Looking good!

I didn't particularly like the three part sleeve look.

Looked good on stand-in-Summer and Summer.

Faith looked sweet.

This dress would have been just fine without the black bits.  Phyllis didn't need the black bits to match her earrings.  Her clutch and shoes were enough.

It's just Tessa.

Nikki's dress fit and face match each other.

Victoria is looking really good... so are the new girls.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:39:39 PM by Capricorn »

bren

Re: **Wedding Fashion**
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 12:38:02 AM »
Nikki, Nikki, Nikki, GET A BETTER BRA!  Does she ever look in the mirror??

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:54:56 AM »
Faith's dress is cute, but I don't like to see black on a little girl.

I think Tessa's dress is pretty, but I wonder how she could afford such a fancy dress when she's working two menial jobs and saving money for her big payoff. 

I liked the top of Sharon's dress, but I don't like to see an under skirt with a long see-through skirt on top. 

A big no to Nikki's green dress.  I agree that she needs a better bra.

jinx

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »
Way too much lace on Sharon's gown for my taste but she looked great walking down the aisle.
I loved Mariah's and Summer's dresses. Abby's would have been prettier without the droopy arm straps. Not crazy about Victoria's dress but I guess it's a good way to show off her new acquisition. Faith's dress is a cute style for a young girl. I'd prefer a color but it does go with the theme.

Phyllis's dress looks like she's wearing it over a black bathing suit.
Tessa looked very nice but I don't remember that opening in the bodice or the long skirt.
Pretty dress on the model, on Nikki not so much. Give the woman a mirror.
I'd say black was an appropriate color for this non-wedding.

Kramer

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 02:11:19 PM »
I agree with you Capricorn about Sharonís dress. It looked like a Home Ec. project gone bad. The assignement was to take a $99 strapless wedding dress and a bolt of cheap lace to make a new design. 😂 I guess with the budget cuts they were trying to make a cheap dress look more expensive but it didnít work. I think the plain strapless dress would have looked better.

missybug88

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »
Not a fan of Sharon's dress. Way too much lace and yes, Capricorn, it did look cheap. I'm only a middle class person, but when I got married for the second time I wore and ecru tea length number and got many compliments. I already had young children and wouldn't have dreamed of wearing a floor length white dress. Silly and embarrassing.

Mariah looked great. Loved the slit when she sat down. Way to go Mariah!

Abby's hair looked so pretty, as did the other ladies.

Not a fan of black for little girls, but Faith so cute as always.

Phyllis looked awful in my opinion. Black straps or not, the dress had absolutely no shape. I guess she looked the part of the villianess. She looked way better drinking and crying alone in the hotel after Billy dumped her.

Nikki...what can we say? She definitely does need to turn around in front of a full length mirror before the take. Such a pretty lady should be allowed to age gracefully before the camera. A better bra is definitely in order, as is that shorter haircut.

The expressions that Victor wore on his face during the entire wedding fiasco were fabulous!

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 04:37:26 PM »
I'm wondering why Phyllis needed suspenders on her dress....

franniep51

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
I like all the fashions, except...Nikki, gravity has not been your friend.  Your facial expression and other body parts are droopy.  The dress would be my favorite, but Nikki wearing it made it hard to like.  The straps on Abby's dress and those on Phyllis's dress remind me of bra straps showing when they shouldn't.

Was anyone able to look Vickie in the face?  Her girls were definitely out there. Nice dres.

I liked Sharon's dress and thought it was very pretty.  But, when you have been married so many times and a few almost times to the same man, it was a bit much.

Soaprah

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 09:47:06 PM »
The men all looked good, except Arturo. Could he not be respectful enough of his boss' wedding that he would shave?
Abby has such delicate-looking skin that I'm surprised she doesn't have whisker burn from all that canoodling they do.

Peridot

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
Sharon's dress is pretty on its own but kind of fussy for someone who's been a bride multiple times.  I still wonder why anyone would go to the trouble to get so dolled up if they knew the wedding wasn't actually going to happen.

I like all the black bridesmaid dresses, also Faith's dress.  Apparently TPTB wanted to foreshadow that this event was going to end up a Non Wedding.

Tessa's gown is a pretty color for her.

katiesbeach

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 09:45:01 PM »
Let's just hope they don't drag it out for the next wedding....

JustAFan

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »
I thought Sharon's makeup looked great. She looked her age, but refreshed!