Author Topic: Sharon and Nick's confrontation  (Read 177 times)

stpauliegirl

Sharon and Nick's confrontation
« on: October 06, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »
Anyone else think Sharon Case gave a stellar performance, while Josh Morrow pretty much phoned it in?  He pretty much just stood there with a hangdog look on his face.  If Nick loved Sharon as much as he says he does, you'd think that he wouldn't have cheated on her the first chance he got and would be a little more devastated at being told their romantic relationship was over.  On the other hand, I wonder if Nick's new house will get a set?  My guess is no, because they built a set for Dark Horse.

Billie

Re: Sharon and Nick's confrontation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 09:57:15 AM »
I agree that Sharon's performance was stronger than Josh Morrow's.  I noticed the acting was particularly strong when she gazed at him lovingly (and convincingly) during his speech at the altar and than completely switched her tune.  Both emotions at the opposite ends of the spectrum were very convincing and well acted IMO. He really didn't have much to say or do and his performance was underwhelming.

Miravep

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 10:31:12 AM »
She was outstanding.  She also looked more beautiful than ever  :)   I really felt the emotion and didn't want to miss a second. 

Joshua Morrow looked like deer in the headlights, which worked okay in the scene.  He seemed overwhelmed and like he didn't know where to turn or what to do.

jinx

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:14:00 PM »
I didn't see it as phoning it in. I think this was meant to be Sharon's big scene, not Nick's, and his hangdog expression said it all. He was stunned at Sharon's turnaround, wondering how she knew, filled with regret, ashamed for himself and that it was exposed publicly. He could hardly stand there and argue with her.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 12:37:03 PM »
I agree with you jinx.  The scene was acted well by one and all.  Sharon was outstanding, Nick did his dumbstruck act very well and the rest of the cast did their best as spectators.

katiesbeach

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »
I loved it when Nick made some lame excuse for being hurt because he saw the ring and assumed that it was over.  She said, then you call a friend, you call Jack, you go to the gym, or whatever.....but instead he made the most damaging choice ever.  i'm glad she brought up the past too, when he cheated on her when she was devestated over Cassie's death.  In a lot of ways, Nick is just like Billy.  He just doesn't seem to know how to get out of his own way.

Ricky

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »

As a guy, I was a lot more captivated with Morrow's performance than I was with Sharon's.   She did a great job obviously (I think we'd all agree on that), but he really did look exactly like a boy who made an embarrassing mistake, got caught, and knew it was too late to fix it.   To me, that's good acting.     

lawgirl

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 04:08:22 PM »
What I like the best is that the writers have written Sharon as strong and in control of her bi-polar condition. It shows her more psychologically healthy than many of the other characters. While I would have liked her to have her happily ever after ending, I'm glad that she is able to stand alone.  I only wish she wasn't trapped in the stupid, now-boring JT situation.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 05:29:41 PM »
I loved it when Nick made some lame excuse for being hurt because he saw the ring and assumed that it was over.  She said, then you call a friend, you call Jack, you go to the gym, or whatever.....but instead he made the most damaging choice ever.  i'm glad she brought up the past too, when he cheated on her when she was devestated over Cassie's death.  In a lot of ways, Nick is just like Billy.  He just doesn't seem to know how to get out of his own way.
Very true.  Hasn't he ever seen a woman take her expensive rings off before?  I realize Nikki probably doesn't do a lot of housework, but many women take them off when cleaning, some even take them off when they are going to wash their hands.  Seeing the rings on the table doesn't mean a break up.  I think he was subconsciously looking for a reason to go on a bender or cheat.  He sure didn't hesitate after he ran into Phyllis.  He certainly didn't give a thought to how hurt Sharon would be he had sex with the person who broke up their first marriage.