Author Topic: Bummer  (Read 191 times)

stpauliegirl

Bummer
« on: October 05, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
Billy + Summer = Bummer.  And that is what their pairing is going to be.  I don't think anything lasting will come of them because it is obvious that Billy decided to have sex with Summer as payback for Phyllis having a one night stand with Nick.  Summer has her own issues with her mother, but I think she agreed to sleep with Billy because she has a crush on him.  The fallout when Phyllis finds out will just be icing on the cake as far as she's concerned.  Still, I don't think anything good will come of this for any of the parties involved.

Peridot

Re: Bummer
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »
Bummer, LOL.  So apt.  For a moment, when Billy first touched her, I thought I saw a look on Summer's face.  Like she might be finding this sudden turnaround just a bit creepy.  I know it creeped me out.  Very disappointed in this turn of events.  Every time Billy shows signs of turning his life around the writers send him back to Loserville.  No wonder no one in this town can manage to sustain a relationship.  Five minutes after ending things with a partner they're glomming onto their next bed mate.  Never a break between, never time to decompress.

Once Summer satisfies her curiosity about Billy, I hope she tells him he's too old, and way too screwed up, to be a serious love interest for her.

jinx

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 07:46:08 PM »
I was so disappointed in Billy. When the camera zoomed in on his face at the end I was hoping he'd come to his senses. This makes him no better than Phyllis and Nick.

Billie

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 08:15:50 PM »
Just my opinion but when the camera zoomed in on Billy's face at the end, I interpreted it as regret for sleeping with Summer.  Any other thoughts?

Soaprah

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
Just my opinion but when the camera zoomed in on Billy's face at the end, I interpreted it as regret for sleeping with Summer.  Any other thoughts?
My thought exactly! He did hesitate for a second, and then, as always, ignored his better instincts and rolled over out of camera range-- and into Summer's range.
Just before that, there was a shot of Phyllis who was gazing at her phone with the name "Billy" at the top. It's as though Billy heard her calling him but he didn't pick up.

SANDY B

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 10:36:30 PM »
Yeah, I too noticed the look of regret but it didn't last long. I liked Billy and Phyllis together and I LOVED Sharon and Nick together.  The show is crap to me now unless they can fix this, or at least the Sharon and Nick part.

DebR

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 11:34:06 PM »

I saw it as Billy getting his revenge towards Phyllis and by sleeping with her daughter he knew he would hurt her the most.

wanda

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »

I saw it as Billy getting his revenge towards Phyllis and by sleeping with her daughter he knew he would hurt her the most.

That's the way I see it too DebR.