Author Topic: Brooke and the cell phone  (Read 123 times)

Jonathan

Brooke and the cell phone
« on: October 05, 2018, 01:43:44 PM »
OK, I know that Ridge is totally wrong doing what he did with the judge, but I feel like Brooke has crossed a major line sneaking around and looking up texts on his phone.  My wife and I have frequently done stuff on each other's phones, but always when one of us is driving or in the shower or something and the one who owns the phone cannot answer a call or text--to me that's a different thing.  I cannot imagine ever sneaking on my wife's phone and seeing who she has been texting or calling. 

katiesbeach

Re: Brooke and the cell phone
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 04:17:34 PM »
Did Ridge threaten the judge, or just make him feel that he owed it to Ridge.  If he didn't threaten him, or bribe him, and no money exchanged hands, I don't see where it would be illegal just to go and talk to him as an old friend.  Not a lawyer, so maybe I'm wrong. 

Jonathan

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:35:34 PM »
If I'm correct the fact that the judge has a personal connection with an interested party (even though Ridge should be staying out of this), that others in the case are unaware of, would be the main issue. 

Goldilocks

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »
The judge should have recused himself . This was clearly a conflict of interest issue.

katiesbeach

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 08:36:26 PM »
If I'm correct the fact that the judge has a personal connection with an interested party (even though Ridge should be staying out of this), that others in the case are unaware of, would be the main issue.
That makes sense.

Money Honey

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »
When Ridge went to see the judge, he reminded the judge about owing him a favor.
Ridge thought it was time for the judge to repay that favor.  Ridge's act was like a
threat.

carousel58

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 07:34:32 AM »
What I thought was odd was that Ridge didn't seem to care Brooke found out what he did, not even going as far as lying about it. Then his response was, no one can ever know about it! or something to that effect!

brynandmaddie

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 09:47:27 AM »
OK, I know that Ridge is totally wrong doing what he did with the judge, but I feel like Brooke has crossed a major line sneaking around and looking up texts on his phone.  My wife and I have frequently done stuff on each other's phones, but always when one of us is driving or in the shower or something and the one who owns the phone cannot answer a call or text--to me that's a different thing.  I cannot imagine ever sneaking on my wife's phone and seeing who she has been texting or calling.

This would be a major issue with my husband and I, as well. We don't look at each other's phones unless it's like you said - one of us driving, etc...I wouldn't care if he looked at my phone but would be more bothered by the fact that he'd feel he needed to. Anyway, I digress.

Here's what is so messed up about Brooke supporting Bill so blindly. She feels it's so important for a father to have a relationship with his child, yet, she moved mountains to keep Deacon out of Hope's life. Hypocrite!

Jonathan

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »
This would not be the first time Brooke would be guilty of being a hypocrite.  Look no further than her wanting her daughter to have a family with her child and Liam, but when it is Steffy, who already has a child there, it's a whole different thing.