Author Topic: Dippiest non-wedding ever  (Read 397 times)

Peridot

Dippiest non-wedding ever
« on: October 04, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »
Nick and Sharon's latest wedding snafu takes the cake.  First, I don't get why Mariah felt it necessary to blab about Nick and Phyllis on the very day of the wedding.  It's not Mariah's place to tell, it's Nick's.  Also don't get why Sharon bothered to get all dolled up, walk down the aisle, and listen to Nick's vows before dropping the bombshell.  She could've come to the church and had it out with Nick in private.  Instead she had to embarrass him before one and all, waste the time of all the guests and the poor minister, and break Faith's heart yet again.  I get that Sharon is angry, but still.  But, the writers as usual were going for maximum drama instead of a scenario that made sense.  Since Phyllis had just accepted Billy's proposal it upped the drama quotient even more.

Knowing Nick and Sharon, I won't be a bit surprised if, after they've cooled off and talked further at home, they decide to tie the knot after all in a private ceremony, in their living room with just the kids.  In this town you never know.

carolinagirl2001

Re: Dippiest non-wedding ever
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »
I agree with everything you said except about it not being Mariah's place to tell Sharon. I'm glad she told her. If Sharon found out some other way and then learned that Mariah knew, she would have felt betrayed. But Nick should have come clean in the first place.

monkeymome3

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »
So disappointing.  The writers are making me not trust anything anymore.  Why bother with watching when it all just goes to poop.  It may be drama but it's dumb.  And all of the hype online about the custom wedding dress etc.  It's like they are just laughing at us

DianeM

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:01:05 PM »
But Nick should have come clean in the first place.
He wanted to, and he shouldn't have listened to Phyllis.  Sharon, of course, has a secret of her own, but at least she wasn't betraying Nick with another man.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »
Sharon and Nick were ready to tell each other their secrets.   Nikki, Victoria and Phyllis went into panic mode.  Phyllis pulled the fire alarm.  Pandemonium happened! Nobody told their secrets.

I thought it was wrong of Mariah to tell Sharon about Nick on her wedding day.  Summer was wrong to goad Mariah into telling, especially since she has been getting paid to keep her trap shut, but I guess her conscience tells her it was Mariah who told.

It's just as well the wedding didn't happen because Sharon still has the JT killing and burial on her conscience.   Nick is going to be very angry when he finds out that she has been keeping a bigger secret than his one night stand with Phyllis.  I'm not looking forward to that scene.

Phyllis gets her comeuppance and it's a wonderful thing.  Be sure to watch tomorrow.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
I don't mind a little Soap drama, but I think it was wrong of Sharon to handle this the way she did when she knew that Faith and Christian were going to be present.  Christian is too young to really know what was going on, but Faith certainly did.  First she was freaked out wondering where Sharon was, then she had to witness her mother humiliate her father in front of the entire family.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »
Faith will survive.  She's another entitled Newman brat who thinks the world revolves around her.  Even before the wedding she was going on about her parents getting married again.  I think deep in her heart she knows the marriage was doomed.  She 11 going on 41, I'm not usually happy to see her and glad she's not on much these days.

For once Sharon had the upper hand, she's the one usually being embarrassed and shamed.  I have no problem with the way she handled it.  It's just soap opera drama and Mal Young is the second coming of Chuck Pratt with a disaster or cliff hanger in every episode.

wanda

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 09:19:39 PM »
I though it was hilarious the way Sharon called Nick out for his infidelity in front of all of the self righteous Newman clan. I was almost cheering "You go girl!"  It was a great way to get back at Phyllis and Nick. Now Phyllis has some splainin' to do to her brand new fiance. The only thing I didn't like was that Faith was there to hear it. But at least Faith knows her mom isn't at fault.  I'm sure Faith would have blamed Sharon for everything.

Sharon looked absolutely gorgeous in that gown. Hair and headpiece were beautiful too.

SANDY B

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
Personally, I HATED IT.  I was so rooting for them to get married, and it seemed to be the one "constant" in the show that kept me happy and content.
Is anyone besides me simply devastated by this? I know I shouldn't let a show get to me like this, but what comes next?  Sharon runs to Rey?  Billy dumps Phyllis? None of this appeals to me at all.   Lets just say I'm pissed.  I've not been this vocal about anything on a soap in quite some time.

wanda

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 11:10:41 PM »
Sandy, I would have liked Sharon and Nick to get married until he slept with Phyllis. Since it was inevitable that the wedding wasn't going to happen, I liked the way Sharon let Nick have it. I also love the fallout for Phyllis.

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 11:29:18 PM »
I think when everything is out in the open, when the JT secret is over and done with, Sharon and Nick will get together again.

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 10:26:44 AM »
Is anyone besides me simply devastated by this? I know I shouldn't let a show get to me like this, but what comes next?  Sharon runs to Rey?  Billy dumps Phyllis? None of this appeals to me at all.   Lets just say I'm pissed.  I've not been this vocal about anything on a soap in quite some time.

I wish I could say I was devastated.  But the writers have a long-standing pattern of bringing Nick and Sharon together again, only to have some big secret break them apart at the last minute.  This has to be the third or fourth time now a Nick/Sharon wedding almost happened but didn't.  Apparently the writers have no intention of allowing this couple to be together until they're as old as Victor and Nikki.  I no longer have the energy to invest.  Let them get married, let them both get hit by a speeding train, I just don't care too much.

Winza

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 11:18:05 AM »
Sandy, I would have liked Sharon and Nick to get married until he slept with Phyllis. Since it was inevitable that the wedding wasn't going to happen, I liked the way Sharon let Nick have it. I also love the fallout for Phyllis.

My thoughts exactly, Wanda. With Phyllis also lurking around Nick and him just fine with that, I am glad she didnít just become a Nikki doormat clone and let him have it. Really hope Phyllis gets her just desserts. She is despicable. I want Sharon to stay strong.

monkeymome3

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 12:17:56 PM »
Personally, I HATED IT.  I was so rooting for them to get married, and it seemed to be the one "constant" in the show that kept me happy and content.
I was completely disappointed but I figure if we just wait til next year when Sharon and Nick get back together again, maybe it will work

Jonathan

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 12:52:37 PM »
I'm enjoying the fallout and did like it when Mariah and Noah brought up Faith and Christian to them once they got back to Sharon's.  To, given their history, it is normal for the older kids to kind of pull them back to reality and remind them about how their actions impact the kids.  Both have had to be rather parental with the parents in the past. 

Ricky

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2018, 02:30:22 AM »
I'm enjoying the fallout and did like it when Mariah and Noah brought up Faith and Christian to them once they got back to Sharon's.  To, given their history, it is normal for the older kids to kind of pull them back to reality and remind them about how their actions impact the kids.  Both have had to be rather parental with the parents in the past. 

Exactly!   Mariah, Noah, Faith, and Cassie have all done a fairly good job of raising Nick & Sharon, but there's still quite a bit of work to be done before Nick & Sharon are finally ready for adulthood.   

franniep51

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »
I was hoping it was all a dream and Sharon would marry him and then take care of accusations privately. 

Peridot

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 10:28:10 AM »
Exactly!   Mariah, Noah, Faith, and Cassie have all done a fairly good job of raising Nick & Sharon, but there's still quite a bit of work to be done before Nick & Sharon are finally ready for adulthood.

An observation I sometimes make as well.  The post-wedding scene where Mariah and Noah were trying to smooth over the situation and take care of their younger siblings was downright embarrassing.  Sharon and Nick's adult children so often come off as more mature than their parents.

tina1945

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 10:30:47 AM »
well that wedding was fun. i got a kick out of watching all the guests faces shocked and confused and looking a little scared. but there was victor, arms folded across his chest with a slight smirk on his face. i almost half expected him to yawn. that would have completed the scenario. but i think the billy fallout with phyllis will blow up in all their faces. if summer goes through with sleeping with billy, we can all guess what will happen next. yes, phyllis will be made a grandmother for the second time. oh so predictable, so little time.

monkeymome3

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 11:29:31 AM »
I really really don't like Victor but that scene was pretty funny, him and Nikki taking in the show

jinx

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
I loved the smirk on Victor's face! Finally a well-played scene!

wanda

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2018, 01:41:28 PM »
I literally laughed out loud when Victor looked at Nikki and gave her that look.

Winza

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2018, 02:51:40 PM »
I literally laughed out loud when Victor looked at Nikki and gave her that look.

Me too. I would bet someone held up a large cue card of someone with that expression. But EB did nail it.

katiesbeach

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »
He looked like he was saying 'should we just sit here and wait for their next wedding...'

Ricky

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2018, 03:29:41 PM »

Victor's expression was plenty funny, but I howled like a hyena when Miss Piggy wrinkled up her snout as though Oscar the Grouch had just emptied out his garbage can into her Louis Vuitton handbag.