Author Topic: Stand-in-Summer  (Read 534 times)

Capricorn

Stand-in-Summer
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:00:59 PM »
I actually like this young lady in the role of Summer Newman.   She's not whiny, she looks like a person who would make a true villain, one that you love to hate.   She looks as if she would be a good bitch character to take Hillary's place.   It's a pity she's not taking over the role permanently.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:00:53 PM by Capricorn »

monkeymome3

Re: Stand-in-Summer
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »
I much prefer her as Summer as well.  I just cannot stand the pouty face on that other actress.  Don't know her name off the top of my head

Peridot

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
I thought Stand-in Summer did a fine job.  She's the same physical type as Hunter King and managed to convey the same snotty personality.  If King should decide not to return this actress would be a decent replacement.

tina1945

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
i too thought this young lady who took hunter king's place today was marvelous. she even looked like hunter but she had more of a professional look and sound about her. good job, good replacement.

Billie

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »
Excellent choice both in looks and bohemian attire.  Snarky bitchy attitude played with just the right tone.  It's uncanny how similar they look.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
nuSummer also looks and sounds a bit like Aunt Abby.  She's a snarky mean-girl with no hint of Hunter's annoying pout and whine.

Twokeets

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 09:00:52 PM »
It's wild how much she resembles the other Summer. At first I didn't realize what was happening. I like her, though. She is very beautiful.

PatsyB86

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 01:00:26 PM »
I thought this new girl was prettier in the face.  Her portrayal was right on as well.

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Maybe I'm blind but these two young women look nothing alike except for the fact that they are both white and have their hair bleached blonde.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:55:35 PM by Capricorn »

DianeM

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »
When you put them side by side, they don't look alike.  They're just both some type of blonde and stacked.  I prefer replacement Summer's prettier, non-pouty face.  She looks more like Abby.

Linds

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »
I think she did a good job. She definitely reminded me of Abby. I don't know that I think she's prettier than HK.. because to me, this Summer looks like she needs makeup to look like glamorous Summer Newman while HK is just a natural beauty. JMO.

jinx

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 02:36:32 PM »
I saw a resemblance in the other post and I do in this one. She seems more low key than Summer but boy, can she give a withering look! If looks could kill, Sharon would be dead now.
Edited to add that, as another poster mentioned, I do see a resemblance to Abby, too. I want to see her interact with Kyle.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:04:19 PM by jinx »

carousel58

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
I didn't care for the new Summer. I'd rather have the old Summer back.

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »
She's not a new Summer, she's just a three episode stand in.  Hunter King will be back.   However I like the stand in better but we all have different tastes, so it doesn't matter which actress we choose to prefer. 

Personally I wish Summer had not resurfaced at all, I simply don't like the character just the same as I don't like Phyllis either and wish she had stayed in a permanent coma.

Chuckles

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 04:40:27 PM »
I actually like this young lady in the role of Summer Newman.   She's not whiny, she looks like a person who would make a true villain, one that you love to hate.   She looks as if she would be a good bitch character to take Hillary's place.   It's a pity she's not taking over the role permanently.
Chuckles -- I agree completely!  The original Summer irritates me.  But I guess her part requires her to be irritating!

Soaprah

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 11:43:03 PM »
I think part of the reason I dislike Hunter King as Summer is because-- she's Hunter King, and she allowed herself to become embroiled in the scandal that falsely accused Michael Muhney of groping her. I feel as though we have history with her, and it's not good.
This replacement Summer is doing a fine job of being hateful.

wanda

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 08:28:54 AM »
I like the stand in Summer too.

katiesbeach

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »
I can hardly tell the SI-Summer from Abby - especially at the wedding!

Miravep

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 02:47:15 PM »
Very difficult for a replacement actor to come in cold and immediately shoot scenes that are climactic in a story someone else has built over a long long time.

Considering that, this stand-in has been doing a terrific job.  She could easily replace Hunter King and get better and better over time.  King relies on certain well-worn mannerisms, like raising her eyebrows and shaking her head saucily.  She's pretty hammy.  I'd be happy if she never returned.

deirdra

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »
Darn.  Whiney McPoutFace is already back on Friday's US show.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »
I prefer Stand In Summer to, as deirdra called her, Whiney McPoutFace LOL

franniep51

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »
I like to dislike original Summer. Hated her as Whiney-Summer but think she has done a good job as Nasty-Summer.  Stand-in Summer is ok, but I did get her confused with Abby.

So many blondes.  It seems the only brunettes are ethnic.  Except for Tessa and she is shady. Just my observation as a brunette.