Author Topic: Casting news  (Read 300 times)

stpauliegirl

Casting news
« on: September 29, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »
Now Judith Chapman is leaving - not that she is on the show much now anyway.  She's got a contract role at Days playing Greg Rikaart's mother, again.  Here's the article:

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2018/09/report-y-judith-chapman-returning-to.html

Capricorn

Re: Casting news
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »
Seems as if she will be on both shows.  The article says she will be pulling double duty in the soap genre.   She on Y&R so little, I think it will be easy for her to do both shows.   Greg Rikaart / Leo is a very minor player on DAYS so I imagine Judith will have another barely seen role just like on Y&R.  I'm glad to see her getting work,  it's not an easy task for women in her age group.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:38:32 PM »
I don't watch Days, but having two light roles is better than just having one, money-wise, anyway.

TOUREIFFEL

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 01:05:03 PM »
I'm happy for Juju.  I love her over-the-top acting style and she is one gal who can pull it off.  I'm sure the extra $$$ helps because she lives in pricey Palm Springs and travels a lot. 

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 01:32:35 PM »
Good for Chapman, and I hope she still pops up on Y&R occasionally.  IMO the show is utilizing Gloria just right.  A little of this type of character goes a long way.  If she's on too often she becomes cloying, if used sparingly she can be a breath of fresh air.

missybug88

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 08:14:41 PM »
She lights up my life everytime she's onscreen. Love her fashions and her flashy character. I remember her trying so hard to be a good, caring and supportive mother to Michael and Kevin. It was humorous and endearing.

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 12:09:22 AM »
She lights up my life everytime she's onscreen. Love her fashions and her flashy character. I remember her trying so hard to be a good, caring and supportive mother to Michael and Kevin. It was humorous and endearing.
True for me too, missybug88.