Author Topic: The small apartment above the coffee house  (Read 283 times)

stpauliegirl

The small apartment above the coffee house
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:51:31 PM »
Has this ever been mentioned before?  I don't recall  it being mentioned ever.  If it is small, I'm surprised Sharon didn't offer it to Tessa when she came back to town without a place to live.  Or she could have offered it to Mariah.  Then she could invite Tessa to live with her. Would have been pretty convenient since Tessa works downstairs.  Now she'll have snoopy Rey in her business all the time. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:58:38 PM by stpauliegirl »

Soaprah

Re: The small apartment above the coffee house
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:38:05 PM »
What a convenient place for Sharon and Rey to sneak off to when they have sex, which seems to be the way they are heading.

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »
That's the first I'd heard of it.  Why didn't Sharon offer it to poor little homeless Tessa when she came back to town a few weeks age?  I agree with Soaprah - it is for Sharon and Rey to sneak off to when they have sex - when they are not doing it on a desk at the GCPD after dramatically sweeping laptops, phones, staplers & files full of paper to the floor.

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 03:50:10 PM »
I wouldn't offer it to Tessa, you let her move in there then you're stuck with her. 

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »
I wouldn't offer it to Tessa, you let her move in there then you're stuck with her.

Yes, Sharon has been wary of Tessa since her recent return to Genoa City.   Tessa used to live at Sharon's house for a while and if she wanted her around her she would have let her move in at the ranch with them.    Sharon gave Tessa a job at Crimson Lights because of Mariah who thinks she's in love with Tessa.

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »
I've never heard the apartment mentioned either, but it makes sense for there to be one in a building like this.  If Sharon and Nick end up moving to a new house in town I can see Sharon making her current home available to Mariah, who of course would ask Tessa to move in.  I can't see Sharon wanting to sell her beloved house to strangers.  The apartment, of course, will make it awfully conveeenient for Rey to be on the premises, sticking his nose in Sharon's business whenever.

wanda

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 07:13:27 AM »
Something seems strange about the apartment. Do you have to go through or into the coffee house to get to the apartment? Ray was dragging his boxes into the coffee house to get to his apartment.  Shouldn't there be an outside entrance?

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 07:29:44 AM »
Of course there should be an outside entrance, but this is GC.  Smilin' Jack had a similar bachelor's pad above Gina's, but that may have been OK by 1980s building codes.  When CL is closed, Rey can come downstairs & make an espresso in his shorts.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
The type of old building Crimson Lights is in almost always have apartments or offices above them.  I'm sure is has a separate entrance.  Rey was probably just stopping in the coffee shop as he moved in.  I suspect he will be down there a lot to console Sharon.

PatsyB86

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
the apartment is definitely a new feature...she could have offered to the homeless lady and her kids the night they stayed at Sharon's??

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »
I do believe I heard Sharon tell Rey that they just renovated the apartment.   At Christmas time it most likely was not habitable.