Author Topic: Eileen Davidson not gone for good?  (Read 276 times)

stpauliegirl

Eileen Davidson not gone for good?
« on: September 28, 2018, 09:19:00 AM »
She's left before and returned, so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility.  Here's what Mal Young says:

eJG3MB.jpg

DebR

Re: Eileen Davidson not gone for good?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:09:26 AM »
Interesting.  So itís not about money.  I know she said some books she had written a long time ago would be made into movies so maybe now is the time.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 10:51:29 AM »
Her decision was about the money.   Apparently Mal Young has either decided to lie like he did in his last interview or TIIC has decided that they will pay her more if she comes back.  I don't trust Mal Young.   I know for a fact that he lied about Mishael Morgan's reason for leaving.

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 12:52:31 PM »

I love Miss Eileen.   8)

Obviously, she's leaving because they can't afford to keep her, but as always she gave the press a very classy statement.  "Sad to leave my second home, but I need a little more control over my day-to day life."   What I read into that was, "SONY is planning to cut my pay, so I'm taking my attractive ass home for a while.  My zillionaire husband and I don't need this shit.   I'll come back occasionally if they beg me to, and if they're willing to make it worth my time."   

I still think that's what happened, no matter what poor Mal says.   

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 01:13:47 PM »

I love Miss Eileen.   8)

Obviously, she's leaving because they can't afford to keep her, but as always she gave the press a very classy statement.  "Sad to leave my second home, but I need a little more control over my day-to day life."   What I read into that was, "SONY is planning to cut my pay, so I'm taking my attractive ass home for a while.  My zillionaire husband and I don't need this shit.   I'll come back occasionally if they beg me to, and if they're willing to make it worth my time."   

I still think that's what happened, no matter what poor Mal says.   
I think you are right.  Is her husband rich on his own?  I know his father was Dick VanPatton, but I never thought they were unusually wealthy for hollywood types.

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 01:58:48 PM »

I don't know if he's really a zillionaire, but he's been on TV since way back in the 1970s and was also a professional tennis player in the early 1980s, and then he became the Poker Man.   And she's designed clothes, written books, and has been an actress since back in the days of "big money".  I doubt they need a whole lot of income ;-)

DebR

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »
This doesnít sound updated but I read Vincentís net worth is 2 million dollars and Eileenís is 3 million.  It gave their correct current age though.

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »

Notice who all is "thanking" Mal Young for these "terrific" scenes --- Jack, Kyle, Billy, and Phyllis.  I guess as usual, there's nothing in it for Neil. 

stpauliegirl

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 03:02:01 PM »
This doesnít sound updated but I read Vincentís net worth is 2 million dollars and Eileenís is 3 million.  It gave their correct current age though.
I saw that on celebrity net worth dot com as well.  I think that is a bit low for both of them.  Unless they are completely horrible with money, I'd think they would have more net worth than that.   Especially if they have investments.  Their house in Malibu has to be worth a couple million at least.

deirdra

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 03:13:13 PM »
They both have had to pay a lot of alimony to the spouses they dumped (after acting together in Y&R's grand sperm-stealing storyline) and between them had 3 kids to raise, so $3 + 2 million is probably not bad - enough for a house and investments for when they finally retire, with everything earned now to spend on whatever they want.

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 04:29:05 PM »
I wouldn't put my trust in most sites that claim how much celebrities are worth.  Not even Forbes knows for sure how much celebrities are worth.  All of these site either go by what the celebrity tells them or on hearsay.

Also when it comes to alimony... maybe I'm wrong but when the person who is receiving alimony gets married again they no longer get money from the ex-spouse.  Child support until 18 yes and alimony is not usually a lifelong thing.

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
Vince's ex has not remarried and Eileen's second husband Jon remained unmarried until 2014, when he married Eileen's coworker, Cady McClain.  I recall reading that Eileen was paying alimony to both ex-husbands, until the first one remarried a few months after she did.  Child support is mandatory until 18 but most parents do not completely cut them off if they can afford to help, esp. with high tuitions in US colleges & universities.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 07:35:37 PM »
ED has tweeted that she agreed to come back once in a while for gatherings where it would  be necessary for Ashley to be present.  Said she has no intention of returning, so Mal making it sound like she i juston a break is not true.

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 07:37:42 PM »
I pretty much knew Mal Young was lying.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 08:25:02 PM by Capricorn »

monkeymome3

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 08:21:00 PM »
I had a HUGE crush on Vince Van Patten when I was young.  He's adorable.