Author Topic: I love Randall's family & Kevin's interactions with them but FFwd  (Read 206 times)

deirdra

I love Randall's family & Kevin's interactions with them but FFwd
« on: September 28, 2018, 12:00:17 AM »
through everything else but the teenaged kids.  I cannot stand Rebecca and don't like Jack or their unconvincing makeup and have no interest in watching a selfish morbidly obese woman go through IVF thinking only of herself, not the baby or her husband.

wanda

Re: I love Randall's family & Kevin's interactions with them but FFwd
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 07:35:48 AM »
I am only interested in the storylines in the present. That whole first date of Jack and Rebecca was a total waste of time. If they wanted to keep the actor that plays Jack on the show, they shouldn't have killed him. It may have worked with flashbacks the first season but now they seem to be back pedaling to keep Jack on the show.

Why in the world are we seeing flashbacks of Franco Harris' life?

I didn't understand one of the last scenes where Tessa was grown up. Where were they?

I agree about Kate. She is being selfish. Toby told her it would be risky and way too expensive but she doesn't seem to care.

katiesbeach

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »
It's appalling that so many people are warning Kate about her weight issues, and she just ignores them.  Her little pity party at her birthday was nauseating...'boo-hoo...why can't something ever go right for me ..."   Damn Kate, why don't you take some action on your own to help yourself?  Your 40 pound weight loss didn't even make a dent on what you need to do if you want to turn your life around.  And she's probably already done irreversible damage to her body carrying all that weight.  I don't feel sorry for her at all.

Karma is going to bit her in her big butt, because Toby is so anxious (stressed) to make her happy that he is going to go off his medication and jeopardize his own health to increase his sperm count just to get her pregnant with a baby that she probably won't be able to carry to full term.  Or she will get pregnant only to have him die because he didn't take his medication.

She's a hot selfish mess.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
Reading all the posts, I'm glad I decided to stop watching after the 1st season and a few episodes of the 2nd season.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »
Kate also did not pick up on how heart-attack-survivor Toby seemed relieved when the doctor said she was not a good candidate for IVF.  He was sad that Kate's dreams were being crushed, but as he said, there are other ways to become a parent.  If their depression and obesity are genetically linked, that is something to think about before plunging into the <10% chance of getting pregnant.  They ignore their sweet dog so what makes them think they can handle a child?

katiesbeach

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 06:10:30 PM »
Kate also did not pick up on how heart-attack-survivor Toby seemed relieved when the doctor said she was not a good candidate for IVF.  He was sad that Kate's dreams were being crushed, but as he said, there are other ways to become a parent.  If their depression and obesity are genetically linked, that is something to think about before plunging into the <10% chance of getting pregnant.  They ignore their sweet dog so what makes them think they can handle a child?
It's a terrible situation all the way around.  What I don't get, is that if she has such a loving family that cares about her so much, why aren't they staging some sort of intervention for her or pressing her more to get help for her out of control obesity.  A child is not going to solve the problems that she obviously has.

Billie

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 08:31:51 PM »
I agree with every poster here.  In particular the Kate pity party.
But who the heck is Franco Harris???
Anybody?

I was also confused at the ending involving Tessa.  Something bad must have happened, perhaps with Daisia/Daija (sp?).
I did notice that the call that Toby picked up on at the end showed him alone in bed.  I guess the IVF didn't work out so well?

wanda

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 10:36:56 PM »
Franco Harris played for the Pittsburg Steelers in the 70s.

Billie

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 10:15:38 AM »
Thanks Wanda.  What is his role on the show?  They show him with a family and everything.

Winza

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 11:46:23 AM »
Thanks Wanda.  What is his role on the show?  They show him with a family and everything.

He was an iconic sports figure for Steelers fans, which Jack and Rebecca were -- remember they conceived the big three after a huge Steelers win?  Rebecca was wearing a Steelers jersey.  My husband lived in Pittsburgh for part of his youth and we have a signed photo of Franco Harris rushing.  He was a great player.  He does not have a role in the show.  As someone who watched him, I found it somewhat interesting, but, overall, I thought it was awfully confusing, particularly for people who had no idea who he was.

Billie

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »

He was an iconic sports figure for Steelers fans, which Jack and Rebecca were -- remember they conceived the big three after a huge Steelers win?  Rebecca was wearing a Steelers jersey.  My husband lived in Pittsburgh for part of his youth and we have a signed photo of Franco Harris rushing.  He was a great player.  He does not have a role in the show.  As someone who watched him, I found it somewhat interesting, but, overall, I thought it was awfully confusing, particularly for people who had no idea who he was.
Sorry Winza to have called you Wanda. Whoops!  It really was confusing because it seemed like he was going to be in a future storyline.  We saw him several times.  Thanks for clarifying!

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 12:18:17 AM »
What is his role on the show?  They show him with a family and everything.... It really was confusing because it seemed like he was going to be in a future storyline.  We saw him several times.
With all the family stuff I thought they were going to make him Deja's father (ugh!) instead of the sneaker salesman. I will not be pleased if they go that route.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:12:52 PM by deirdra »

wanda

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 06:55:04 AM »
It looks like somehow they are weaving Franco Harris into the mix. But how? He is not a fictitious character. They can't change Franco's real life to fit him into This Is US.

Billie

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »
It looks like somehow they are weaving Franco Harris into the mix. But how? He is not a fictitious character. They can't change Franco's real life to fit him into This Is US.
Exactly what I was trying to convey.  All very confusing.

deirdra

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 08:49:58 PM »
I don't think the writers are happy unless they confuse viewers about at least one thing in each episode.  They think it will keep viewers watching, but I know a lot of people who have stopped watching because of this crap. I am down to watching only ~1/3 to 1/2 the show; that is why I never watch it (or most shows) live.

DebR

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
I have to say that the show doesnít pull on my heartstrings like it did in the first season.  When young Randall didnít go to Howard U because he felt he needed to stay home with his family I thought, again, how I like his relationship with his mother. 

Then at the end Kevin told Randall that Kate is giving a piece of Jack to go on by having a baby.  The look of shock, hurt, and disappointment on Randallís face got to me!  He has tried so hard to fit in in all areas of his life but especially with family.

The thing that bugs me most about this show is how they are all spoiled, selfish brats and always were. 
Even though Rebecca bugs me she does love them and does the best she can.