Author Topic: So Many Extras!  (Read 197 times)

Twokeets

So Many Extras!
« on: September 27, 2018, 12:50:15 PM »
I couldn't believe all the extras dancing away at the pool/bar place yesterday. They kept showing this one tall redhead in a blue thing with no legs. She was really having her moment grooving to the loud, throbbing health club music.

Capricorn

Re: So Many Extras!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
I saw that female and wondered what exactly is it that people find attractive about 6 foot women with long scrawny legs.   I also always wonder about the dress designers who think their clothes look good hanging on these shapeless, starving women.   I look back on the years when Christy Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks were supermodels with some flesh on their bones.

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
Not only were there a lot of tall, skinny female extras, but they couldn't dance worth beans!  ;D
And the male extras, who seemed to be short and under-dressed, were even worse in the dance moves department!  ;D ;D

LongTimeFan

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  First thought:  They never say anything .. not a word . because I imagine they have to be paid more if they have a speaking part.  For instance that waiter who was backed into and the drinks all got knocked off his try;  not a word.   In reality he'd have said, "Ooops!  My fault!  Is everyone OK?" or something to that effect.   Second thought, I watch the extras and they're carrying on conversations .. and gesturing.   Are they given little scripts to follow?    And yes .. I saw the big red-head AND the guy jiving with her .. He had ginger hair and a beard.

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 07:17:48 PM »
The primary thing I noticed about the extras was all the dorky dancing.  It was actually kind of distracting.  But I have to say, I do like this rooftop set and am glad they allow people to patronize it other than just the main characters.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 01:16:00 PM »
It was kind of weird they had so many extras.  I thought I heard Mariah say she had rented out the roof of the club for the shower, so there would be no need for any extras.  Perhaps I misheard.

lawgirl

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
She did say that she rented out the roof for a private party.  I hope she got some of her money back as the management didn't deliver a private experience. :)