Author Topic: Nikk's hot pink dress  (Read 243 times)

stpauliegirl

Nikk's hot pink dress
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
Is not flattering on her at all.  I'm sure she is wearing some kind of foundation garment underneath, but it isn't doing it's job because her boobs look like they are situated somewhere around her waist.
Nikki‚€™s pink off-shoulder dress on The Young and the Restless

Capricorn

Re: Nikk's hot pink dress
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »
Nikki needs to be reminded that she a lot closer t0 65 than 35.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »
I agree.  The dress itself wasn't ugly.  I t would have looked nice on Sharon, Victoria, Abby or Phyllis, but was way too youthful for Nikki.

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
I wonder how it would look if she put her head through the diagonal slot at her cleavage instead - would it be a V-neck with symmetrical cold-shoulder sleeves & straps?  I am similarly endowed and never wear strapless bras; even those with corsets from the waist up do not offer enough support.

jinx

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 08:16:19 PM »
I was too distracted by her glaring lipstick to notice much about the dress. Her lipstick looked like several layers of paint.

franniep51

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »
She needs a breast lift. She has lost a lot of weight and, letís face it, things sag with time and gravity.  Also, the pink was sooo bright, a little toned down in color, a pair of Spanx and the right bra would have done wonders.

Billie

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 08:55:41 AM »
While the pink was a little too pink, I loved the style of the dress. I think an older lady could easily pull this off with the right figure, I'm thinking specifically of Ashley.  They are only 3 years apart.  While it's not appropriate for women in this age group to wear youthful, teenage-like clothes, they don't have to dress matronly either.  I agree about the breast life, or at least a sturdier bra and I'm pretty sure she's already wearing spanx.

lawgirl

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 02:27:33 PM »
I love the color of the dress -- but the style and the fit are not attractive.  She absolutely needs to wear a better bra -- Wacoal has a lot of styles for heavy endowed women that work.  I should know, I wear the brand.  Additionally, her neck is beginning to show the signs of age -- she looks much older than 62 --  she needs to dress to divert attention from that area.

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 07:13:02 PM »
IMO this color would've suited Nikki better as a young woman.  As we age I believe softening the shades that look good on us is more flattering as our hair and skin coloring grows less vibrant.  Also, I'd like to see all the actresses get their colors done.  They would all look more attractive more often, and the characters would have a unique look instead of looking like they raided each other's closets.

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
I remember when getting colors done was the rage.   I am a Winter and I only wear Winter colors.  It doesn't seem as if people do it anymore.

TOUREIFFEL

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 03:59:35 PM »
I do, Capricorn! It was a life-changing event for me when I discovered that I was a Winter, too.  Vibrant jewel tones look best on me, so I always wear them now and get compliments all the time. 

Capricorn

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »
Good to know I'm not alone.

wanda

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 05:29:22 PM »
I never had a professional tell me which season I am. I could never tell if I was a spring or summer. I always wanted to know.

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »
Here is a little help: You have to scroll down a bit and start at the eye and hair color graphs.

https://www.colormepretty.co/categories-2/4-season-color-analysis/

wanda

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
Thank Cap. I guess I'm a summer. I could never figure out if I am a summer or spring. It explained if the veins in your wrist are blue you are cool if they are green you are warm. So with my coloring being blond hair and blue eyes and being cool, I am summer.

Nowadays it is hard to find flattering colors. Everything in stores seems to be blacks and grays ad drab colors. I grab blue every chance I get.

Capricorn

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 07:42:12 PM »
Make sure you grab the right color blue.  ;)

Soaprah

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 09:05:24 PM »
I've known for years that I am a winter, and I used to wear a lot of black, especially when I lived in NYC.  :)  As I've grown older, my complexion has changed. Where black once made me look vibrant, it now ages me. So I wear jewel tones near my face, but not the brightest ones because they too are aging.

deirdra

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 12:06:23 AM »
Now I know why I've always been confused by magazine articles about doing one's colours.  I have Winter blue veins and pink skin, Autumn auburn hair, and Sping blue eyes.  In the 1980s I wore Autumn colours which looked great with my hair but made my skin look sallow and people asked if I was sick.  I look best in jewel tones - purple, blue and bluish greens (not yellow or yellow greens which make me look on the verge of death).

Capricorn

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 02:15:43 AM »
So you are a Spring girl them deirdra?  There are some really pretty spring colors.