Author Topic: Nikki had a good point  (Read 181 times)

stpauliegirl

Nikki had a good point
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »
What good would it do anyone for Sharon to tell Nick what happened to JT.  At best, all it would do is put the burden of keeping the secret on him.  We know he wouldn't want to confess and send his mother, sister, fiance/wife and ex-wife to jail, so he wouldn't intentionally snitch on them.  Sharon just wants to be able to talk to him about it.  She isn't thinking of the negative impact that might have on him.

Capricorn

Re: Nikki had a good point
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:37:40 PM »
The fact is that Shaon is right... she doesn't want to start another marriage to Nick with a big lie on her conscience.  Nikki's point is not good.   The longer they keep this secret the worse it will be when the truth comes out.   However I agree that if Sharon told Nick he would keep it a secret too... so why not tell him?   He's not some fragile little man who's going to be burdened by the truth.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:44:24 PM »
The fact is that Shaon is right... she doesn't want to start another marriage to Nick with a big lie on her conscience.  Nikki's point is not good.   The longer they keep this secret the worse it will be when the truth comes out.   However I agree that if Sharon told Nick he would keep it a secret too... so why not tell him?   He's not some fragile little man who's going to be burdened by the truth.
If she tells Nick and he keeps the secret, he could be charged as and accessory after the fact for not turning them in.  It is probably a moot point.  Sharon won't tell Nick her secret and Nick won't tell Sharon his secret.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »
We all know when the truth comes out none of then will be charged or go to prison.  Sharon should tell Nick about JT, Nick should tell Sharon about Phyllis before the wedding.

Miravep

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 10:28:40 PM »
It was a fair point, I agree, Stpauliegirl.  However, although Nick would be burdened with keeping the secret, he can handle it.  Sharon kept his secret about him posing as JT.  And he can reciprocate.  Given that Sharon's withholding information has broken them up several times before, it is extra important that she tell him everything now.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 12:11:14 PM »
Seems to me Nikki has the most to lose in this fiasco, and she knows it!  I wish the truth would come out somehow, because I feel guilty as hell knowing the truth LOL