Author Topic: What a sad wedding for poor Sharon  (Read 286 times)

Winza

What a sad wedding for poor Sharon
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:24:49 AM »
She's constantly surrounded by vipers who, at best, tolerate her.  She's supported only by her daughter and her daughter's shady friend, who is only there for her daughter, really.  You'd think the clues would be piling up for Sharon to figure out this wedding is not a good idea at all.

When Victoria is as close as you get to a friend in a gathering, you really have problems.  Wake up, Sharon, and call off this stupid farce before it is too late.

Although I'm sure the wedding fits into Mal Young's idea of soap writing -- 2-3 parties per week involving multiple groupings of characters.

PatsyB86

Re: What a sad wedding for poor Sharon
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
Odd as Sharon is someone I would picture as having many friends with her warm open personality. Once upon a time, Grace was her friend and then Drucilla. Since then she hasn't had any real friends  :-\   

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 01:42:55 PM »
I guess the producers can't afford to hire occasional friends, so unfriendly relatives will have to be invited or it would have just been a party of Sharon, Mariah and Tessa.

katiesbeach

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 01:47:50 PM »
She's got to be careful...Nick would potentially sleep with all her friends!

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 01:48:53 PM »
All of this just goes to show that the cast is too small and new permanent people are needed.   No one on the show have friends, they all are each other's enemies.   If they can't afford to have a decent and believable cast then they should just give up and cancel this show, where every relationship has us wondering if there is incest happening.   

Notice all the older shows that got cancelled had large casts of family and friends.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 05:27:20 PM »
Nick had even fewer people at his bachelor's party.  These friendless Genoa Citizens should just elope for their nth marriage.

pcrchik

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »
yes it's a sad state of affairs when a member of your wedding party openly admits (nikki) that they straight up don't like you and tolerate you at best.  :o  having said that i did appreciate how open those two were with each other, it was nice to see some things get aired out between them.

as a side note...maybe i'm a complete shallow fool but i agree with nikki, sharon has zero to be complaining about in regards to getting a new house.  i get saying good bye to a house your kids grew up in and a place that holds so many memories, but let's be real here, it also holds A LOT of crappy memories too!  moving to a fresh new house to begin the next chapter of your lives together (yet again) would rate a lot higher in my book.  where's the support sharon? your hubby just bought you and the family a beautiful new house...call u-haul and get the f*() out of there!

i've moved quite a bit and so obviously i don't possess that weepy cry over my house vibe, i get that it's very real for some, but i'm not one of them.

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »
But how many houses has your husband bought without you even seeing them first?  As Nikki said, it is like something Victor would do … not a selling point in my book.  Kneel did it too and Hillary was horrified; I would be too.

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »
Nick and Sharon should've just gone down to the GC courthouse and taken care of business.  They've been married before, nearly remarried at least twice, and have been living together for some time.  IMO their latest go-round doesn't require all the silly trappings.  These bachelor-bachelorette parties are downright embarrassing when thrown for middle-aged people who have been around the block umpteen times.  Whether Nick and Sharon make it down the aisle this time just isn't something I can get too worked up about.  I feel like I'm watching some GC version of Groundhog Day.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 07:13:09 PM »
It is sad that Sharon has no friends.  Considering she's lived in GC most of her life you'd think she would have lots of friends and wouldn't have to have people who mostly dislike her at her bachelorette party.  At least Nick had non family members who he actually is friendly with at his party.

I also think she is being ridiculous about the house. Given all the rotten things Victor has done to both Sharon and Nick, I'd be thrilled to move away from him into a big, beautiful house on the lake.  It isn't like she is being forced to sell her old house.  She could keep it to visit or spend weekends at if Faith wanted to ride her horse.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:48:47 PM by stpauliegirl »

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »
yes it's a sad state of affairs when a member of your wedding party openly admits (nikki) that they straight up don't like you and tolerate you at best.  :o  having said that i did appreciate how open those two were with each other, it was nice to see some things get aired out between them.

as a side note...maybe i'm a complete shallow fool but i agree with nikki, sharon has zero to be complaining about in regards to getting a new house.  i get saying goodbye to a house your kids grew up in and a place that holds so many memories, but let's be real here, it also holds A LOT of crappy memories too!  moving to a fresh new house to begin the next chapter of your lives together (yet again) would rate a lot higher in my book.  where's the support sharon? your hubby just bought you and the family a beautiful new house...call u-haul and get the f*() out of there!

i've moved quite a bit and so obviously i don't possess that weepy cry over my house vibe, i get that it's very real for some, but i'm not one of them.

I totally agree with you. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
In the spoilers, it says something about 'Phyllis sounding an alarm'  I'm wondering if she pulls the fire alarm or something to keep Sharon and Nick from talking.

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »
Yep, and that's such stupid writing. Nick and Sharon live together, they can tell each other anything at home.  Is someone going to move it with them to stop them from talking to each other.

katiesbeach

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 11:38:28 AM »
Yep, and that's such stupid writing. Nick and Sharon live together, they can tell each other anything at home.  Is someone going to move it with them to stop them from talking to each other.
Good point!