Author Topic: Video interview with the Rosales family  (Read 371 times)

Capricorn

Video interview with the Rosales family
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »

The Rosales family has arrived in Genoa City.  Get the scoop from Jason Canela playing Arturo, Jordi Vilasuso playing Rey and Sasha Calle playing Lola.

https://twitter.com/YandR_CBS/status/1042892483343118341

SANDY B

Re: Video interview with the Rosales family
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 09:18:48 AM »
Hopefully they will grow on me.  It really doesn't seem like hardly any of the newbies stay for any length of time.

DebR

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 10:13:33 AM »
I like them and hope they bring something new and interesting to this predictable show lately.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »
I see a smouldering of an attraction in Rey’s eyes when he sees Sharon.  Too bad, because I really would like Sharon and Nick to stay together.

wanda

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »
I like all of the Rosales family. I hope the writers have good story lines planned for all of them. All I see for poor Lola is being caught in a love triangle between Summer and Kyle. I really like her so far.

Observation

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »
OMG, I do too!  Was wondering if anyone noticed that.  IMO, if you want to know the definition of chemistry, check out that late night Crimson Light/s chat.  That's the word...smouldering, all from a conversation!!

Zoe

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 03:30:31 PM »
I like the Rosales family, except for Arturo.

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:26:29 PM »
Arturo finally pulled me in with his "Dude's a grave robber?" comment after Rey googled "Kyle Abbott" - all three acted like real siblings at Crimson Lights.

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »
Arturo finally pulled me in with his "Dude's a grave robber?" comment after Rey googled "Kyle Abbott" - all three acted like real siblings at Crimson Lights.

I agree.  For three newbies these actors have developed good family chemistry very quickly.  When Arturo and Rey are side by side they're very convincing as brothers.  They also have a believable big brother/little sister thing going with Lola.  I just hope TPTB don't refine all these characters too much until they're indistinguishable from all the other corporate clones in town.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »
They're young, hard working, and aren't inherited millionaires with senses of entitlement.  I hope they keep them that way.  The show needs more working class with normal, everyday jobs, and stop focusing only on big business and corporate garbage. 

Jonathan

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 08:34:29 AM »
I agree Maple Leaf, we need some "real" people in this town.  I love the food truck thing with Lola. Also like her chemistry with Kyle and really want to see the stunned look of rejection on Summer's face when he chooses Lola over her.  There is something about seeing Summer rejected that I just love.  I also do like Arturo and am enjoying him and Abbey.  Rey is great too, and his acting has improved a great deal since his Guiding Light days. I don't think he could have played as controlled and cool under pressure character like this back then. 

Billie

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 08:29:33 PM »

I agree.  For three newbies these actors have developed good family chemistry very quickly.  When Arturo and Rey are side by side they're very convincing as brothers.  They also have a believable big brother/little sister thing going with Lola.  I just hope TPTB don't refine all these characters too much until they're indistinguishable from all the other corporate clones in town.
I agree.  The three sibs have very natural chemistry with one another and look like a normal family.  The ONLY criticism I have is that Arturo's accent is much thicker than Lola's and Rey's which seems odd since they're supposed to be siblings.  Good acting though, especially Lola and Rey.  Arturo is growing on me slowly.

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 11:14:33 PM »
I see a lot of people saying that Rey and Arturo have different accents but both actors are of Cuban heritage and both born and grew up in Miami.   Maybe Jason Canela/Arturo parents spoke only Spanish in the household so his accent comes from speaking more Spanish than Jordi Vilasuso/Rey.

deirdra

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 10:01:48 AM »
The character Rey, being older and who essentially played the Dad in the family, may have found that toning down his accent got him farther in the job market.  Rey has on occasion turned the accent back on, calling his brother Artoooooro when among his sibs, but turns off the accent when talking to upper echelon gringos like Victor & Nikki. Arturo seems to turn his accent up a notch when he is trying to be cute, though his cutesy act does nothing for me.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »
The only thing I notice different about Arturo and his siblings, is Arturo's over enunciation of his L's.  I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does.