Author Topic: ~Fashion Monday September 24th~  (Read 207 times)

Capricorn

~Fashion Monday September 24th~
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:33:20 PM »

Of course Nikki had this top tucked when it would have looked better untucked.  I think she has a tucked in fetish.

Abby looked quite nice in this dress.

Not a fan of this cheap looking lacy frock.

I like this pink outfit on Abby.

No! Just no!

Don't like this either.  Looks like a kimono in cheap satin.  Although the colour looks good on her.

This looked good on Victoria but would have looked even better in a jewel tone.

Ashley can do better that both of these outfits.

Looking good especially since Sharon is shorter that the model, therefore the jumpsuit hem fell closer to her ankle.

Lovely, just lovely!  A little shorter hemline would have been even lovelier.

Meh to Phyllis' two top looks.  I like the blue top but think it would look better without the belt.

I like the 3rd dress best.   Seems as if Mariah has fallen for dark red and the colour looks good on her.

What can I say other than even though I wouldn't wear any of the two outfits they look good and right on Gloria.

Don't like either of these outfits or the character wearing them.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:38:26 PM by Capricorn »

wanda

Re: ~Fashion Monday September 24th~
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »
I like Nikki's top untucked. It is something I would wear with skinny jeans and boots.

I like Abby's turquoise dress and earrings. I hate Abby's lace dress.I like Abby's pink dress and jacket. Very business like.

Victoria's cape/jacket is a monstrosity! I kept thinking it looked so stiff and uncomfortable. I don not like Victoria's satin kimono dress. I like Victoria's pale tan dress.

I hate Ashley's sleeveless top with the high neck. It looks like it is strangling her. Some how sleeveless, high neck and V neck just don't go together.
I don't like Ashley's plaid top with the tie at the side. I think the main thing I don't like are the full sleeves. It would look better with straight sleeves.

I like Sharon's jumpsuit. I loved Sharon's blue dress and earrings. I agree a little shorter length would look nicer.

Phyllis' first top is ok. Her jacket and skirt look better on the model opened up with slacks. Her Blue top is too tight and would looked better without the belt.

I think Mariah looks nice in all of her outfits.

Gloria somehow can make anything look elegant.

I don't like any of Summer's outfits.

Kramer

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »
Capricorn, Thanks for the post. I always look forward to these.

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 10:38:03 PM »
Did Sharon borrow that grey jumpsuit out of Phyll's closet?

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:52:11 PM »
Phyllis, Abby & Ashley have worn those high water jumpsuits that seem to be by the same designer but different necklines & colours from the one Sharon is wearing.

Soaprah

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 11:02:51 PM »
Sharon's jumpsuit looked more dusty blue than grey on my screen. I thought it suited her well, and I liked the belt tied in a bow off to the side rather than knotted in the centre like on the model.

Abby's lace dress:if she were a little girl, I'd think she'd been in such a hurry to get to the party that she shoved one arm into a hole and then couldn't be bothered with the other.

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 11:06:03 AM »
Abby's lace dress: if she were a little girl, I'd think she'd been in such a hurry to get to the party that she shoved one arm into a hole and then couldn't be bothered with the other.
I don't know how she could do anything besides stand still in that doily mess as it would snag on things.

Soaprah

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
I just looked at Summer's red shirt again and it made me think of the PlayboyTM rabbit.

Victoria must like those cheap-looking red satin dresses because she wore another variation to Sharon's bachelorette-- with ruffles this time.

I bet Judith Chapman has fun picking out her outfits for her too-infrequent appearances on the show. Unlike just about every other female character, "Gloria's" apparel suits her so well.

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 09:53:44 PM »
I really like Nikki's jade earrings.  Usually I complain when Nikki wears her blouses tucked in but this one looks kind of like a maternity top untucked, as on the model.

Abby's white lace dress is a little too much of a good thing.  The pink suit is okay, I neither love it nor hate it.

I don't care for that cape-like garment on Victoria any more than I've cared for that style on the other ladies who have worn it.  It's just strange looking and doesn't seem like it would be comfortable.  Victoria's rose dress doesn't hang on her right, looks like a bathrobe.  The pale pink dress is nicer but would be more flattering in a deeper color.

Ashley's peach top is another style I don't get.  Why bare the collarbone and the arms, then add a band of fabric around the neck?  Very odd.

Sharon's blue dress is nice but I'd cut off that extraneous flowery thing.  Also not fond of the midi length--the dress should make up its mind to be either floor length or knee length.

Of the remaining outfits the only one I really like is Mariah's paprika colored dress.  Cute on her, and a nice seasonal color.