Author Topic: Eileen Davidson shares "saddest countdown" to her final Y&R moments  (Read 358 times)

Capricorn

http://www.soapcentral.com/yr/news/2018/0919-eileen_davidson_countdown.php

Soak up all of The Young and the Restless' Eileen Davidson you can, because her final days as Ashley Abbott are quickly approaching.

Soap opera fans will no doubt influence Kleenex stock prices this week, because Eileen Davidson's last moments as The Young and the Restless' Ashley Abbott will soon be happening.

The fan-favorite actress took to social media on Tuesday with a gloomy post meant to serve as the "saddest countdown" ever to her last airdate on the CBS soap opera.

"Wow. So here's the countdown. I'm leaving this place in four days," she says in a video of her walking on the property of CBS Studios, where Y&R films. "First time I walked in here, I was not even 23 years old. How crazy is that? Ok, four more days. Love this place. Changed my life, in every single way."

The article was posted on September 19th so I guess September 23rd will be her last day of taping.    I guess we will see Eileen for another 4 -5 weeks.  I will miss her.  :'(

wanda

Re: Eileen Davidson shares "saddest countdown" to her final Y&R moments
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 02:00:57 PM »
I wish she would have gone on recurring status. That would have still given her lots of more time with her family. She sounds sad about leaving but it sounds like it was her decission.

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 03:21:24 PM »
Is Ashley leaving GC or is the character going to be played by a new actress?  She's such an important character for the Abbott family.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »
She's left the show before and returned, so perhaps that will be the case this time.  In any event, it was her choice to leave.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 04:41:03 PM »
A few months ago Eileen announced that she was leaving because her contract came up for renewal and an agreement couldn't be reached.  They refused to give her an increase in salary so she decided to walk away, spend more time with her family.   It's the same reason Mishael Morgan/Hillary gave for leaving the show.

TIIC apparently cannot afford to increase anyone's salary so they let them walk away or put them on recurring status... although it's more like once or twice per month.   It seems that Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott are the only ones who are teflon proof.   

They should have let Summer stay gone Tessa and Shauna written off; the twins could have been rapidly SORASed and sent away to University instead of letting Eileen and Mishael go.

But what the heck do I know?

katiesbeach

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
Ashely (with Eileen playing her) is integral to the show.  Especially with all of the stuff going on with her family. 

Brenda Epperson was an ok recast, so I wouldn't mind seeing her back, but Sheri Shattuck (who was married to Ronn Moss, ex-Ridge at the time) was horrible.

It's a shame that the show let's talented actors walk away - especially to keep relics like EB comfortable - but I think everyone sees the writing on the wall

Does anyone know how the soaps that are streaming are faring?  I tried to watch a couple of episodes of The Bay, which has a boatload of soap actors - but it didn't hold my interest.

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
It seems that Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott are the only ones who are teflon proof. 
Hopefully, we can add Peter Bergman's name to that list.  I think I'd stop watching after many years if he quit the show.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 08:06:57 PM »
Yes Peter leaving the show would be the straw that would break this camel's back.   It cracked a little when Michael Muhney was let go.

Ricky

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 12:19:06 AM »

I'm sorry for you camels and your backs, but I expect we'll be seeing less of Peter Bergman in the next year or so as well. 

Just a guess but I'd imagine that Hans Gudegast, Melody Thomas, Peter Bergman, and Eileen Davidson are *most likely* the four highest paid actors on the show.   My assumption is based on their age, their years of experience of daytime, their popularity on Y&R, and their contributions to the various storylines.   

Y'all already know these actors aren't gonna be offered a raise of any sort as their contracts come up for renewal.   Most likely, they won't even be allowed to maintain their current salary and appearance guarantees; instead, they'll receive "demotions".   We've already seen it happen to a couple of Tier II veterans (Doug Davidson and Christian LeBlanc).   This Tier I group (Eileen, Peter, Melody, and Hans) has a big old bullseye on their backs right now.   

How these four actors handle their "demotions" will probably vary.   We've already seen how Miss Eileen decided to handle hers;  she decided to remove her (attractive) ass from the scene.    Whether or not Peter, Melody, and Hans decide to accept lower-paying, lower-profile, recurring-type roles the way Doug Davidson and Christian LeBlanc did, or whether they choose to take a walk like Miss Eileen did --- well, that remains to be seen.   But I predict their day to make a decision is probably coming soon, just as it came last December for Christian LeBlanc, last January for Doug Davidson, and this September for (the attractive) Miss Eileen.   

Billie

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »
Forgive my inability to keep this straight but I was under the impression that Christian LeBlanc and Doug Davidson were let go entirely.  Is this the case or are they both on recurring now?

DianeM

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »
Knowing the problems the producers were having with the show, why would any of the actors expect a raise this year?  All of the core actors who have been there for many years must get a very large paycheck every week or month.  Isn't it a little greedy to ask for more?

Capricorn

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 11:47:30 AM »
AS far as I know Mishael had a five year contract that came up for renewal and I'm not sure but I think it was the same for Eileen.  Nobody works for five years and not expect an increase especially when they are such an important part of the show.  Greedy? I think not.

DianeM

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »
I'd rather stay with the same salary than lose my job, and you know they're getting paid well.

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 04:13:41 PM »
Different strokes for different folks.   These two women (Eileen & Mishael) can afford to leave jobs where they are not appreciated and will not accept being underpaid.   I wouldn't expect either of these women to stay on Y&R just to please fans.   Eileen is at an age where it's harder for women to get parts but she has money and so does her husband.   Mishael is not rotten rich but she has a husband with a job, she's young, talented and lovely, she'll get work where she's appreciated and paid what she's worth.

They didn't lose their jobs... they walked away from their jobs. Big difference.

deirdra

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 09:58:24 PM »
Eileen & Mishael are multi-talented and have worked outside Y&R before and can do it again.  They may have been offered fewer hours with constraints on taking other work, which forced them to say No Thanks.  EB has shown that he is not cut out for Primetime (How I Met Your Mother) or movies (Titanic); EB's ego needs his Y&R fans (not me).  PB seems like the sort that would enjoy more time with his family while acting part time or retiring and collecting social security.  Christian LeBlanc is also an artist and substitute teacher and probably doesn't need Y&R to boost his ego or earn a living.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:30:56 PM by deirdra »

Capricorn

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 10:51:07 PM »
Peter Bergman can probably retire in complete comfort without want for anything.  I'm sure he earns the same or close to what Braeden makes.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/peter-bergman-net-worth/

LongTimeFan

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 07:12:37 PM »

I am very unhappy about this.  We are losing so many of the people who make up the heart and soul of Y&R.  I don't like the new direction this production is taking .. AT ALL.   The plotlines are very flimsy and boarder on fantasy.