Author Topic: Speculation: I think Jack is indeed an Abbott  (Read 1113 times)

SANDY B

Speculation: I think Jack is indeed an Abbott
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:36:21 PM »
I think Ashley has set this whole thing up.

Maple Leaf

Re: Speculation: I think Jack is indeed an Abbott
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »
If she did, it was very cruel.

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »
Why would Ashley do something like that?  She loves Jack as a brother, even if they don't have the same father.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:29:38 PM »
Maybe Jack is really an Abbott but Ashley has nothing to do with what's happening to Jack.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »
I think Jack will end up being an Abbott as well.  He was tested against DNA of Billy and Tracy.  Maybe they aren't biologically Abbotts, but Jack is.  That would change some history, though.  My recollection is that JIll was desperate to have John Abbotts child and got pregnant even though he didn't want another child.  Would she have cheated (off screen) to get pregnant?  I wouldn't put it past Jill, but there would have been no need since she and John were married and having normal relations.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 09:28:40 PM »
Would she have cheated (off screen) to get pregnant?  I wouldn't put it past Jill, but there would have been no need since she and John were married and having normal relations.
If she wasn't getting pregnant fast enough the old fashioned way, she may have snuck into GC's Ye Olde Sperm Banke and stolen a vial or two of more active swimmers.

bren

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 12:15:55 AM »
Seems everyone who wanted one had a key-card to GC's Ye Olde Sperme Banke.  Haha!

franniep51

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 08:46:57 AM »
Hereís a thoughtómaybe through all this DNA and daddy-speculation Victor will be an Abbott!  Just kidding. 

PatsyB86

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 11:07:30 AM »
Why would Ashley do something like that?  She loves Jack as a brother, even if they don't have the same father.

I cannot believe she would either, but it's an interesting thought...anything to wrap the story up as soon as possible.

katiesbeach

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 02:14:08 PM »

I cannot believe she would either, but it's an interesting thought...anything to wrap the story up as soon as possible.
Don't forget, Eileen Davidson is leaving the show, so it might be a way to write Ashley out....(needing to leave town because she hurt Jack so bad.)

SANDY B

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »
Thats what I'm thinking!

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »
At this point I don't much care if Jack's biodad was the pool boy at the GC Country Club, I just wish they'd wrap things up already.  For Dina to have conceived not one but two of her children as the result of adulterous affairs just makes her look pathetic.  What, did no one use birth control back in the day?  This story has grown tedious, second only to the tedium of J.T.'s unsolved demise.  Note to writers: Autumn is now in progress; let's craft some interesting stories for a change.

SudzBearCat

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 06:32:12 AM »
Of course Jack is an Abbot.  He's going to find out just in time to grab Jabot back from a drowning Billy.  It's the only outcome now that ED is leaving.

Winza

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 09:51:05 AM »
At this point I don't much care if Jack's biodad was the pool boy at the GC Country Club, I just wish they'd wrap things up already.  For Dina to have conceived not one but two of her children as the result of adulterous affairs just makes her look pathetic.  What, did no one use birth control back in the day?  This story has grown tedious, second only to the tedium of J.T.'s unsolved demise.  Note to writers: Autumn is now in progress; let's craft some interesting stories for a change.

I agree.  It's time to wrap this stuff up.  Jack is way too old to be playing "Who's my Daddy?"  And the initial novelty of the enemy ladies bonding over the death of JT has long worn off.  It would have been much more interesting for JT's abuse of Victoria to be explored further and for Sharon to grow into a therapist for Victoria.  The Nate cutesy treatment -- Tae Kwon Doe in the afternoon? Really? -- is beyond odd.

maxie

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 10:53:42 AM »
I don't think Ashley did this.  Her outrage over Kyle's messing with Billy's addiction is an indication of her inherent sense of decency. She loves Jack and simply would never hurt him in this way.

Queensdm

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 03:09:39 PM »
I am new to this Board, but long time fan. When Jack and Billy did the DNA test it was revealed that they were not brothers. I think Jack is an Abbot and Billy us not!

Capricorn

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »
Welcome Queensdm!

Looks as if most in this thread is leaning toward Jack being an Abbott.  I'm kind of conflicted, one day I think he's an Abbott and the next day I'm thinking  - geez, looks like he might be Albert Miller's son.   I could wrap my head around a Jack Miller but would prefer him to remain Jack Abbott.

SANDY B

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 07:48:38 PM »
I'm feeling stronger and stronger about this.  I decided to resurrect the thread. 

wanda

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 10:16:16 PM »
I think you are right Sandy.

SANDY B

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 10:34:14 PM »
Yeah, its starting to look a lot like that.  I wonder if that is what the guy is blackmailing her for.

Capricorn

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 10:38:41 PM »
I guess I'll have to eat some crow.  It really looks as if Ashley had something to do with Jack's DNA test results.   I guess after the birth Abbott / CEO thing that Jack pulled on her, it has been festering inside her.

Couldn't Mal Young have written her off the show as the person we've known all these years.   Does he have to turn every woman who is leaving into a villain.   It's going to be really disappointing to see her leave in shame.

SANDY B

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:32 PM »
Im very disappointed in how he is writing such a long term cast member.

monkeymome3

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 11:12:43 PM »
I think she was so hurt by the blood Abbott clause that she did this to show him what it felt like. 

DebR

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 11:13:06 PM »
First I hated the whole Jack may not be Johnís son.  It looks like Ashley is behind this shady dna test.  So NOT what she would do to Jack no matter how she felt about the blood Abbott clause, IMO.

deirdra

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 11:57:44 AM »
I think she was so hurt by the blood Abbott clause that she did this to show him what it felt like.
Jack said he added the blood Abbott clause to prevent Phyllis from taking power.  I'm not sure of the timing, but if it was when Ashley was working in Jabot's NYC or Paris office, it was not done to punish Ashley (though any rational person would realize that she would be offended).  Presumably a Board vote was required to add the clause, since it was required to remove it; was Ashley at that meeting?

jinx

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 01:10:11 PM »
I agree with the theory about Ashley and the blood Abbott clause except for one thing. Why would Dina be so sure that Jack wasn't an Abbott? They deliberately brought up the subject with her when she seemed clear-headed. She would hardly allow Ashley to influence her since most of the time she doesn't even recognize her as her daughter.

wanda

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 08:45:52 PM »
I think if this is the case, the writers changed their minds with the direction of the story line.

Miravep

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:23 AM »
Well, now that we know Andrew worked with Phyllis at DMS Labs in New York, I think it's got to be.  I loved that trip down memory lane.

franniep51

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »
I agree with the theory about Ashley and the blood Abbott clause except for one thing. Why would Dina be so sure that Jack wasn't an Abbott? They deliberately brought up the subject with her when she seemed clear-headed. She would hardly allow Ashley to influence her since most of the time she doesn't even recognize her as her daughter.

I, too, think John is an Abbott and Ashley took advantage of her motherís situation.  Remember Ashley also has a history of mental problems and Dina did not recognize her at times. Iím not sure she was as clear headed as they thought.  My mom, when dementia began,  started telling stories, one  about her dog being kidnapped for a week and believed it to be true.  The dog was fine and gone for an afternoon.  When it starts the stories seem plausible but then they grow.

I think Dinaís story of Ashley somehow was changed in her mind.  But my observations are based on real life, this is a soap where anything can happen. I also think this was a way to write Ashley out of the story since she wanted to leave.

katiesbeach

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »
I wouldn't believe one single thing out of Dina's mouth

jinx

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »
Well, apparently Dina wasn't as lucid at those times as thought. Since all the Abbotts believed her and we had to endure this dragged out story I hope the issue will be addressed.