Author Topic: Casting news  (Read 402 times)

stpauliegirl

Casting news
« on: September 13, 2018, 08:17:37 PM »
Richard Gleason has officially joined the cast of The Young and the Restless. According to sources the well-known actor, writer, director and producer is taking over the role of Victor Newman's (Eric Braeden) brother, Matt Miller, last played by Robert Parucha. Word is, he is back for Jack's (Peter Bergman) paternity story and will make his first appearance on September 20. Gleason was originally hired for a 4 episode-arc, there's no telling if that has been extended. The character last appeared on the show in 2003. Gleason's list of acting credits includes; One Life to Live, All My Children, The Doctors, NCIS, Castle, Criminal Minds, 2 Broke Girls, Las Vegas, CSI: Miami and much more.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 08:21:09 PM by Capricorn »

Capricorn

Re: Casting news
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:27:11 PM »
I wonder if they tried to get Robert Parucha before hiring this Richard Gleason?

wanda

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:29:24 PM »
Omg. When I first quickly read this I though you said he was taking over the role of Victor Newman!!!

stpauliegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »
Omg. When I first quickly read this I though you said he was taking over the role of Victor Newman!!!
He's probably being brought in to cover for EB while he's on his month long vacation.

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »
I wonder if they tried to get Robert Parucha before hiring this Richard Gleason?
I looked him up and found that he hasn't worked since 1996, so he must not be acting anymore.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:56:06 PM »
Too bad.  He was a much more handsome man than the one they are casting as Matt Miller... even though I didn't like the big mustache he had when on Y&R.

Linds

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 03:55:35 PM »
I haven't seen either one in action but I agree the original Matt Miller is better looking (at least back then) and has a similar look to "Victor". The new guy, Richard Gleason, has a lighter look, kind of more like Jack. Maybe that is why they are going that direction...???

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »
Bob Parucha was apparently sidelined from acting by his son's liver cancer.  His son looks a lot like him.  Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxU7nvMU998

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 06:53:39 PM »
I'm glad they're bringing back Matt Miller, although I'm not familiar with the actor.  I was stunned when Abby mentioned Matt's name today, that the writers actually remembered the character existed.  Matt and Ashley were quite friendly back in the day; it'll be interesting to see if they reconnect.

SAlby

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »
Word is, he is back for Jack's (Peter Bergman) paternity story and will make his first appearance on September 20. Gleason was originally hired for a 4 episode-arc, there's no telling if that has been extended.

OMG, (obviously, I'm reading between the lines here), are we going to find out that Jack is Victor's nephew!?!?!?!?!?!

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 12:36:51 AM »
More likely that Jack and Victor are half brothers.

SAlby

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 04:01:40 AM »
I had forgotten that the good folk of GC don't know Victor's father.

franniep51

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 11:29:22 AM »
Itís Sunday morning and Iím sipping my coffee and reading this board.  Just had a thought, will this Matt, Victorís brother, besides interact with Jackís paternity story, become interested in Nikki or Ashley, or both?  Could he be the reason that Ashley leaves town?  Seems plausible.

I didnít even know Victor had a brother? Do they share the same mother?  Iím still behind 3 episodes, but did someone think to ask Victorís blood type?

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 12:20:31 PM »
Matt was interested in Nikki when he was in Genoa City years ago and he did have a relationship with Ashley.   Victor and Matt have the same mother and father.

deirdra

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 01:07:13 PM »
Didn't Nikki push Ashley toward MattMiller to steer Ashley away from Victor?  Matt was the younger, more handsome brother that mother Cora kept when she shipped Victor off to the orphanage that made him lash out and become the Victorious New Man.  Victor looks like Cora & Albert, Matt, not so much.