Author Topic: Don't schools call parents when a kid hasn't shown up for class?  (Read 125 times)

stpauliegirl

Don't schools call parents when a kid hasn't shown up for class?
« on: September 13, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure they do, because they require an excuse for the absence.  Cane should have gotten a call the first day Charlie was MIA from Walnut Grove.  Lily would be very upset to learn Charlie isn't going to school and Charlie should know that.  Why would he engage in behavior that would cause her distress?

Capricorn

Re: Don't schools call parents when a kid hasn't shown up for class?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:06:21 PM »
Charlie was skipping school in the form of protesting until Devon agreed to visit Lily in prison.  He wasn't doing it to cause Lily distress.   Devon knows that he's missing classes, he's seen with Devon everytime he misses classes trying to convince him to go visit his sister.   He succeeded!

As to the school calling if he misses class - I wouldn't doubt that Charlie forged a note to the school about missing classes.   He's at the age when kids do stuff like that.

wanda

Re: Don't schools call parents when a kid hasn't shown up for class?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:24:57 PM »
Yes stpauliegirl, I was going to post the same thing. It seems that school has been back in session for about 2 weeks now. School should have called Cane. Even if Charlie faked excuses, the only reason he should have been out this long would be an illness. After a few days he would need a doctor's excuse.

As far as Devon knowing Charlie was skipping school, he should have told Cane.