Author Topic: Is Tessa faking another attack?  (Read 790 times)

deirdra

Is Tessa faking another attack?
« on: September 13, 2018, 05:20:17 PM »
The commotion and breaking glass sounds are reminiscent of the last "attack".  Why does nobody attack her when she is not on the phone?  Especially this was right after Mariah doubted her story.  I hope Sharon has surveillance cameras to show what really happened.

Peridot

Re: Is Tessa faking another attack?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »
Seems weird that someone would attack Tessa at Crimson Lights while there are (supposedly) customers present.  At least it still seemed to be business hours when Sharon left her in charge.  Even if she's not faking Tessa attracts too much bad energy.  I'd steer clear if she were in my orbit.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:09:59 PM »
I've seen tomorrow's US episode already.   All questions above will be answered and you might start the episode thinking one thing but by the end of it you might think differently.   That's what happened to me anyway and yet I still have a niggling doubt about what happened.

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »
I have not seen it so this is sheer speculation, but I would not put it past her to pay off some guys to pretend they robbed the place (due to Sharon or the street outside having cameras) and then make it look like she was really robbed.  I don't trust Tessa anyway so I am ready to expect the worst from her.  Will be interested to see if I am correct.  If it was past business hours and all the customers were gone wouldn't you think she'd be smart enough to lock the doors, given it is a business and there is stuff worth stealing there as well as money????

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 07:23:41 PM »
Nothing was taken, it wasn't a robbery.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 08:34:28 PM »
Right now I think she faked it, but I'm open to changing my mind.

Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »
I still think she's up to something.  Hope I get to see it tomorrow, but have to get my son from IU and then to an eye appointment so I will be pushing it. 

DianeM

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 10:42:34 PM »
Jonathan, you can always watch the episode on the Internet here: https://www.cbs.com/shows/the_young_and_the_restless/

Jonathan

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »
I've tried that but my schedule at this time of year is so hectic that making myself sit down to watch it on the internet, and deal with the commercials--which seem worse than the ones on TV, is not always that easy.   I'm in my final weeks of market so my schedule will be better after September, but right now I have my full time job (Monday - Thursday with usually part of one Friday), Market prep on Friday with Market on Saturday, and then teaching at IUPUI Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoon.  I love my market but I am ready for the season to be over, so very glad we decided to end it after September this year instead of mid October.  Even as I'm typing this I'm just waiting for the sun to come out so I can go out to pick tomatoes, before picking Rem up from IU.  I do like these quiet moments when I can listen to the crickets for a little bit.  When I can sit down and watch Y and R and B and B are nice breaks for me too, unless of course Victor is tormenting some poor citizen of Genoa City and getting away with it.  Then I have to fight back the urge to hurl rotten tomatoes at my screen. 

DianeM

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »
Wow, you are one busy guy.  Makes me tired just reading about your life.  Our farmer's market here in Northern California will be over at the end of September, even though the farmers still have produce to sell.  The fruit will be gone, though.  :-[  As to those tomatoes, I wish you could throw them at EB himself instead of at the TV.

Jonathan

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 01:02:52 PM »
Made it home in time and I still smell a rat.  Will be interested in what everyone else thinks when they see it. 

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »
I've seen it and still think she bashed herself around, curiously only in places covered by her clothes. What bad guy would be that considerate?  Her explanations are not believable either.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:34:54 PM by deirdra »

Jonathan

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
If I'd been Sharon I'd have called the cops before heading over there.  Paul and his crack team would have been there in seconds. 

DianeM

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 03:59:48 PM »
More likely Rey would have arrived.  That really wasn't wise of Sharon to not call the police.  Nice of Nate to show up right when she needed medical advice.  He just seems to pop up everywhere these days.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 04:48:52 PM »
My opinion has not changed.  I think Tessa is shady and she set things up to make it look like she was attacked.  Her bruises didn't look fresh.  I'm sure she could have found someone willing to rough her up to make it look like she was assaulted.  The bruises were located in areas that could be hidden by clothes, so who knows how long she has had them?  She deleted the security tape.  Why would she do that if she had nothing to hide?  My guess is that she wanted to hide the fact that no one was there and she faked the whole incident.

DianeM

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »
I definitely don't trust her, even though she has this innocent look on her face.  She's going to keep talking about that $20,000 until somebody (probably Sharon) gives it to her.

wanda

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 07:35:16 PM »
After her actions today, I don't trust her at all. She is definitely scheming. Erasing the security tape was the give away.

DebR

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 12:01:50 AM »
Tessa is sketchy, sneaky and annoying and I donít believe she was attacked at all.  They need to tell us whatís going on or let the character go.  Iím tired of her secrets.  Mariah could be being used because Tessa knows Mariah cares deeply for her. 

Soaprah

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 10:17:09 AM »
Either Tessa is lying-- or that's what the writers want us to think and Tessa will turn out to be innocent. But could the writers ever be that clever?  ::)

wanda

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2018, 10:35:12 AM »
Either Tessa is lying-- or that's what the writers want us to think and Tessa will turn out to be innocent. But could the writers ever be that clever?  ::)

Either way I wnt to see her gone. Send her to Canada to live with her sister.

SANDY B

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
Im wondering, could she have possibly put those bruises all over herself? And it seemed like a rather short attack to be that bruised up. Also, did she just bail on Sharon with no notice to go work for Nick?

deirdra

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 02:59:49 PM »
Im wondering, could she have possibly put those bruises all over herself? And it seemed like a rather short attack to be that bruised up.
Since all of the bruises were hidden under her blouse, she could have self-inflicted them before she showed up at CL.  She also had to find and delete the security camera footage before Sharon got there to find her sweeping up broken glass.

SANDY B

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 03:08:37 PM »
Yes. getting rid of the security footage is very incriminating!

DianeM

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »
Since she's trying to make as much money as possible, I think she'll be working for both Sharon and Nick.  If she is faking this need for money, why did she act frightened when she heard someone at Nick's office?

Capricorn

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 05:32:04 PM »
I would like to know how a person would go about injuring themselves like the injuries we see on Tessa, especially the ones on her back.

Soaprah

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 06:39:17 PM »
I would like to know how a person would go about injuring themselves like the injuries we see on Tessa, especially the ones on her back.

You could run backwards into a door knob a few times.
But I agree about Tessa's fear when she thought someone was breaking into Dark Horse. That was genuine.
I liked Mariah's line: "Were you going to staple me to death?"

Capricorn

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 06:56:40 PM »

But I agree about Tessa's fear when she thought someone was breaking into Dark Horse. That was genuine.

Nah!  I'm not buying that she would do that to herself.   Sorry again to believe the opposite of everybody.    Maybe Tessa is underhanded and somewhat dishonest but I just don't see anyone damaging themselves like that unless she's a stark lunatic.    I could probably get behind something like she agreed with a co-conspirator to beat her up and I would still have a hard time believing that she would let someone do that to her on purpose.   But as usual I simply don't dislike Tessa like the rest of you. I am probably wrong and I might have to eat crow... time will tell.

SANDY B

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 07:02:18 PM »

Nah!  I'm not buying that she would do that to herself.   Sorry again to believe the opposite of everybody.    Maybe Tessa is underhanded and somewhat dishonest but I just don't see anyone damaging themselves like that unless she's a stark lunatic.    I could probably get behind something like she agreed with a co-conspirator to beat her up and I would still have a hard time believing that she would let someone do that to her on purpose.   But as usual I simply don't dislike Tessa like the rest of you. I am probably wrong and I might have to eat crow... time will tell.
I too am not buying that she did that to herself, but I just don't understand why she would delete the security footage.

Soaprah

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 07:39:19 PM »
I'd rather run into a doorknob myself than have someone beat me up. Not that I'd ever do it (too much of a coward!), but I know my tolerance for pain (low!) and wouldn't trust anyone else to respect that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:30:18 PM by Soaprah »

DianeM

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 08:07:39 PM »
I too am not buying that she did that to herself, but I just don't understand why she would delete the security footage.
I guess for some reason, she doesn't want to identify the person.  This is all very mysterious.

wanda

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »
Could she have had some kind of an accident that gave her bruises prior to the "attack"? I didn't see today's episode yet.

Billie

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »
I think that the posters have mixed feelings about Tessa.  Some like her and others do not.
On the plus side, she did look genuinely afraid working alone and hearing the noise in Nick's office which lends her some credibility that someone really is after her.  As for the bruises, I do believe she could have hired someone to beat her up superficially (or sho she thought).  However, it seems to be too much of a coincidence that she was attacked TWICE while on the phone and also that she deleted the security coverage (though I missed that part, I'm going on what others posted).  The whole S/L is so convoluted though.  20K for helping someone cross the border seems too insignificant to be following her all over the place and hurting her. It's not like she scammed them out of millions - this seems like small potatoes relatively speaking.

Soaprah

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 08:35:04 PM »
20K for helping someone cross the border seems too insignificant to be following her all over the place and hurting her. It's not like she scammed them out of millions - this seems like small potatoes relatively speaking.

It's not insignificant if the bad guys are Canadian-- and it's 20K in $US!   ;D

Maple Leaf

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
$20,000 in Cdn or US funds still isnít a significant amount!  Thugs must be working at minimum wage 😂

Twokeets

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 12:45:07 PM »
If I were Sharon, I would tell her, "I'm sorry, but you can't work here at the coffee house anymore. You're a danger to my business and my other employees." Not sure what Tessa is supposed to do, but she would make me really nervous. I also wouldn't be happy if my daughter was close to her.

SANDY B

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 10:30:06 PM »
If I were Sharon, I would tell her, "I'm sorry, but you can't work here at the coffee house anymore. You're a danger to my business and my other employees." Not sure what Tessa is supposed to do, but she would make me really nervous. I also wouldn't be happy if my daughter was close to her.
Yes, she surely doesn't need her place trashed trying to help out what appears to be a con.    Erasing the security footage should be a HUGE eye opener.