Author Topic: Nick's new look  (Read 234 times)

nan5025

Nick's new look
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
I can't get over how much younger Nick looks on the last couple of episodes.  I know he has a new haircut which looks great but I wonder if he's had a little work done also.  If so, someone did a great job.  If not, that's one heck of a haircut.  Good job, either way.

Capricorn

Re: Nick's new look
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 03:15:10 PM »
I don't think he has done any work.   Nick's looking younger is the clean shaven face and the short hair that's being kept in control with product.  All men look better and younger without facial hair and a neat haircut, but these days somebody decided that scruffy is sexy and better.

wanda

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
Nick is looking great. I prefer clean shaven to any kind of facial hair every time.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »
I bet he smells yummy 😋

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 09:01:25 AM »
I like facial hair on men and thought Nick's beard gave him more presence, so long as he kept it neatly trimmed.  Maybe the actor wants to look more youthful, or maybe he didn't want to look too much like a certain detective who's always sporting a 5-o'clock shadow.  Seeing as how they've shared several scenes together lately.

With or without a beard, I do miss Nick's smile.  He's slowly turning into Goat Daddy Jr., sad to say.

nan5025

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 05:49:35 PM »
I'm with you Peridot.  I kind of liked his scruffy look - it was pretty tame and suited him I thought.  He looks slick now  - just a little bit too slick IMO.

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 10:49:16 PM »
Nick the Slick-- and he's also doing a lot of eye-squinting, maybe to make him look tough. I prefer the old doofus Nick.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 11:51:02 PM »
Who knew scruffy would become an acceptable thing.   Scruffy men look dirty to me.   My son does scruffy sometimes and it disgusts me in the same way as a woman who doesn't shave her underarms or legs.

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
I'm not a fan of the unkempt, scruffy look that seems to be so popular with young guys these days.  Rey doesn't look unkempt, but that black shoe polish look on his face is a turnoff.

Ricky

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 11:43:45 AM »

He looks a whole lot better to me without all that crap on his face but I sure don't like the changes in his character.    Josh Morrow plays "approachable" and "goofy" a whole lot better than he plays "dark", so this new attitude definitely ain't doing the actor any favors at all.  Nick's always been a character whose personality I could sorta relate to --- but now he's becoming a stranger.  If they wanted a "dark" Newman, they really should've hired themselves an Adam and left My Boy's personality alone. 

Soaprah

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 12:19:05 PM »

He looks a whole lot better to me without all that crap on his face but I sure don't like the changes in his character.    Josh Morrow plays "approachable" and "goofy" a whole lot better than he plays "dark", so this new attitude definitely ain't doing the actor any favors at all.  Nick's always been a character whose personality I could sorta relate to --- but now he's becoming a stranger.  If they wanted a "dark" Newman, they really should've hired themselves an Adam and left My Boy's personality alone. 

Totally agree, Ricky. Josh Morrow, as likeable as he is, does not having the acting chops to play "dark" Nick.