Author Topic: Is this all a bad dream?  (Read 177 times)

Soaprah

Is this all a bad dream?
« on: September 11, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »

Our bad dream.... :( Well, mine anyway....

What is going on with this show?! Today's episode was so hokey, so contrived in both the plot lines and the lines the actors had to speak. Was the opening scene with Nick, master of all he surveys, supposed to remind viewers of Dallas or Dynasty, or maybe Sharon's or Nick's dream? Then I realized that TPTB, strapped for money as we've been told, surely wouldn't waste big bucks on a one-off set, especially when they can't afford to pay some of their actors. I admit the Dark Horse set is impressive although they must have run out of money when it came to the carpet, which should have been bold and graphic, rather than worn and traditional. For me, it was just one more, admittedly minor, jarring note. :P

Victor is ruining yet another character's big moment? Well, isn't that different!  ::) How many months ago was it that the old toad somehow managed to tamper with Charlie's film to reveal that Jack is not an Abbott, a plot line which to this day continues to spiral ever downward?

I'm very disappointed with the direction the show is taking. How can it go from an excellent exploration of spousal abuse just a short time ago to story lines that are as worn and tired as the carpet in Nick Newman's office? I'm as close to being outta here as Eileen Davidson and Mishael Morgan. 

Ricky

Re: Is this all a bad dream?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 05:42:41 PM »

My understanding is that the Dark Horse office was created on the sound stage where Goat Daddy's office used to be, and Hans ain't too happy about it.   Think about it --- we haven't seen Victor's office in a LONG time.   It appears that they tore it down and built Nick's office in its place but were too broke to buy any carpet for Nick.   

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:22:18 PM »
I had the same thought - that Dark Horse is going to be around for a while, because they wouldn't build a new set for it if it wasn't.  Now that Victoria has an office of her own, there is no reason to show Victor's office.   Too bad if it pissed off Hans.  Now that his good friend Les Moonves is gone, wonder if TPTB will feel emboldened to insist he learn his lines?

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 07:24:58 PM »
I'm not at all thrilled with Nick's NuDirection.  On that, Sharon and I can agree.  Nick as a good guy who's all about family and running a small business was fine just the way he was.  No need to turn him into Goat Daddy Jr. or the second coming of Adam.  The only good thing I can see about Dark Horse becoming a success is that, if Sharon stays by Nick's side, maybe she'll up her image and stop dressing like a teenager.  Now that Nick has been arrested by Det. ShaveMePlease, perhaps he'll rethink all things Dark Horse while he's in the slammer.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »
I'm not at all thrilled with Nick's NuDirection.  On that, Sharon and I can agree.  Nick as a good guy who's all about family and running a small business was fine just the way he was.  No need to turn him into Goat Daddy Jr. or the second coming of Adam.  The only good thing I can see about Dark Horse becoming a success is that, if Sharon stays by Nick's side, maybe she'll up her image and stop dressing like a teenager.  Now that Nick has been arrested by Det. ShaveMePlease, perhaps he'll rethink all things Dark Horse while he's in the slammer.
I thought it was weird when one of the reporters asked him how he felt now that he had realized his dream (Dark Horse?).  His desire to be a corporate titan is pretty new.  Previously he seemed to hate every moment at NE and was much happier when he was running the Coffee House and later the Underground.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »
Nick also seems to be channeling dear old Dad when he clenches his jaw and makes an "o" with his lips, as he did at the launch.  I hope he doesn't start making the bug-eyed frog-smile and rocking back on his heels looking at the ceiling.

I can't wait until Hans goes to Germany for a month … or hopefully more.