Author Topic: The Victor Newman Show  (Read 374 times)

monkeymome3

The Victor Newman Show
« on: September 11, 2018, 05:03:07 PM »
That is what they should rename this show to.  It appears he is responsible for everything in the city.  He's like a cancer.  I think he is ruining this show.  Every plot is somehow connected to him.  He knows all and sees all and is all.  What else is there?

Capricorn

Re: The Victor Newman Show
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »
It's been about 10 years now that it has been the Victor Newman Show... Eric Braeden has some real power over CBS, Sony and any other PTB.

Ricky

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 05:22:51 PM »

I saw an interview with Goat Daddy today in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.   He said he's "taking off a month" from Y&R to return to Germany and he has "no idea" how Mal Young will handle his absence from the show.   Honestly, it sounded as though he didn't much care.   I'm wondering if his head is about to be the next one to get chopped off, and he already knows it. 

Soaprah

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »

I saw an interview with Goat Daddy today in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.   He said he's "taking off a month" from Y&R to return to Germany and he has "no idea" how Mal Young will handle his absence from the show.   Honestly, it sounded as though he didn't much care.   I'm wondering if his head is about to be the next one to get chopped off, and he already knows it. 

EB is giving us a month off?! I might just keep watching after all!

wanda

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 05:30:07 PM »

EB is giving us a month off?! I might just keep watching after all!
Hallelujah!!!

stpauliegirl

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »
It's been about 10 years now that it has been the Victor Newman Show... Eric Braeden has some real power over CBS, Sony and any other PTB.
Maybe not so much power now that Les Moonves is gone.

Peridot

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »

I saw an interview with Goat Daddy today in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.   He said he's "taking off a month" from Y&R to return to Germany and he has "no idea" how Mal Young will handle his absence from the show.

Well, I have an idea:

A month passes in Genoa City.  One day Nikki asks the other Newmans, "Say, does anyone know where your father is?  I realized just this morning we haven't seen him lately."  [crickets]

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 07:32:37 PM »

Do you think they are birds of a feather?  ;)

stpauliegirl

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 07:40:36 PM »

Do you think they are birds of a feather?  ;)
Maybe, but I know he has thrown around the fact that he and Les were friends or at least friendly.  That won't win him anything after the way Les has been exposed and forced to leave CBS.

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 07:46:48 PM »
Makes me think a little harder about a certain rumour.

PatsyB86

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »

ahhhh...me too!

Maple Leaf

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 11:48:07 AM »
Auf Wiedersehen, Eric.  Don’t let the door hit ya, where the good Lod split ya!

P.S.  take as long as you want...

Kramer

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »

Do tell! What rumor?

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »
I wonder if Braeden sees the writing on the wall and is taking a leave of absence as a prelude to getting let go.  If so HIP HIP HURRAY!

As to the rumours I'm thinking that if somebody touched Hunter King's breasts it probably wasn't Michael Muhney.   That's all I have to say.

jinx

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
First I'll say I think Victor is despicable and I'll be glad not to see him. I'm not sticking up for EB because I don't even know him. A week or so ago somebody was banned here for repeating rumors. How is this any different? This is how rumors get started. Just sayin'.

Capricorn

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 03:35:13 PM »

First I'll say I think Victor is despicable and I'll be glad not to see him. I'm not sticking up for EB because I don't even know him. A week or so ago somebody was banned here for repeating rumors. How is this any different? This is how rumors get started. Just sayin'.

I said I'm thinking. 
If you want to take that and make it a rumour that's your problem.  Are you going to go on another board and repeat what I wrote what I was thinking as the gospel truth?

The person who was banned wasn't just repeating rumours she was banned because she called me a bleeping old woman.  Get your facts right.

jinx

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »
No need to get defensive. I did not say I was making it a rumor and I don't repeat things on other boards. In fact, I seldom post to other boards. Since the entire thread is about Victor Newman, yours and a few other posts refer to him in regard to another rumor. There are people who would take that as a new rumor. As for the banned poster, I know she was rude to you but you also told her to stop spreading rumors.

Capricorn

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 04:14:08 PM »
I am defensive because you are inferring that I am spreading rumours when all I said was I'm thinking and didn't say a name.  I only said it probably wasn't Michael Muhney.  The only way what I said could become a rumour is if someone was to insert a name and post it elsewhere.

jinx

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
I said you and others referred to him but take it as you want. I didn't say you were spreading rumors. I said this is how rumors start, meaning that, as I said, there are people who would take it as a new rumor. Whatever, it's the way I saw it and I'm not going to go on with this. 

marilyn

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »

Geez Oh Petes, Jinx!
Give it up. 

deirdra

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
I'm wondering if TPTB told EB his number of episodes is being reduced and he decided to stir up fans by taking an entire month off, since fans will notice 0 episodes a week faster than they'd notice one less a week, or whatever.  Those of us who enjoy his absence should write in to rave about the absence of Victor.

Soaprah

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
I'm wondering if TPTB told EB his number of episodes is being reduced and he decided to stir up fans by taking an entire month off, since fans will notice 0 episodes a week faster than they'd notice one less a week, or whatever.  Those of us who enjoy his absence should write in to rave about the absence of Victor.
Good idea. As soon as the old toad disappears, I'm going to write a letter.

franniep51

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 11:36:06 AM »
If the writer, producers, etc. know in advance that an actor is going to be gone couldn’t they film episodes ahead and insert them as needed?  That could make his absence unnoticeable and we wouldn’t be the wiser.

Capricorn

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 12:12:35 PM »
I for one don't want any advance filming; I would rather not seeing him for the month and beyond.  In any case I don't believe the old goat would be willing to do the extra work and TIIC would probably have to pay him more than he deserves.

deirdra

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »
A few years ago when Germany was ranking high in the soccer world, EB took off nearly three months to follow them through lots of games and FIFA World Cup playoffs (it probably coincided with his contract being up for renewal).  It was a glorious reprieve from The Victor Newman Show. Other characters got to shine.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:48:14 PM by deirdra »