Author Topic: Wow, Genoa City is Huge!!!  (Read 191 times)

DianeM

Wow, Genoa City is Huge!!!
« on: September 11, 2018, 04:25:47 PM »
When Nick was standing at the window, I thought he was on a trip to Chicago.  Why do they talk about Genoa City being a small city when obviously it isn't?  All our characters go to the GCAC for workouts, drinks, fancy dinners, and rent suites for quickie makeout sessions.  And Crimson Lights is said to be the best coffeehouse in the city when there's probably 50 coffehouses.  Amazing!

Capricorn

DianeM

Re: Wow, Genoa City is Huge!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:20:45 PM »
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a reference to the size of this fictional town, but I really doubt it's meant to be as big as what I saw from Nick's window.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 07:33:57 PM »
Read the second sentence.  Nothing about size but also very fictional, it can be anything they want it to be.

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
Of course they can, but they've mentioned before about GC being a small city, and according to what I saw from Nick's window, it's huge. 

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 09:48:41 PM »
Ok but I don't remember anyone on Y&R ever saying Y&Rs Genoa City being small.  I remember member here saying it's small.

http://theyoungandtherestless.wikia.com/wiki/Genoa_City

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 10:09:17 PM »
Back when they were showing exteriors, Newman Tower, Jabot & the Penthouse all looked to be buildings at least 30 storeys tall and the GCAC ~12 storeys.  And it was a long way down when Jack threw that chair out the office window.  But back when Ricky Williams was a baby, Paul  pulled out the GC phone book, and it was less than 1.5" thick, white & yellow pages combined, typical of towns of <100,000 at the time.