Author Topic: Where does Abby live?  (Read 228 times)

DianeM

Where does Abby live?
« on: September 07, 2018, 05:16:12 PM »
Was she just visiting at the Abbott mansion, maybe watching over Dina......or has she left the tack house and moved in with the mob at the mansion?  I thought it was strange that she welcomed Jack home, like it was her home too.  I wonder if Jack will get his old room back, or maybe Billy and Phyllis sleep (and play) there.

wanda

Re: Where does Abby live?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:17:42 PM »
She moved out of the tack house and into the Abbott mansion a while back.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
Yes, she is living at the Abbott mansion along with all the other Abbotts.  Not sure what happened to the house she inherited from Brad Carlton.  They never mention it.

DianeM

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »
I don't know how I missed that.  I suppose the tack house was too tacky for her.  Now we have Jack, Ashley, Abby, Billy and Phyllis, and Dina in the main house and Kyle in the pool house.  Will make for some interesting breakfasts around the dining table.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
Her main reason was to be able to help with Dina.  I guess the mansion must have at least 6-7 bedrooms for:
Jack
Ashley
Dina
Abby
Kyle
Bill & Phyl
& perhaps maid's quarters for Mrs. Martinez if she lives in

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 11:35:44 PM »

I believe the Tack House bit the dust when Mal Young went broke. 

In the storyline, Abby went to work in Paris for a while.  (This was during Melissa Ordway's maternity leave.)  Dina accompanied Abby to Paris, and the two of them stayed in Marcel Mergeron's house together, which Abby thought would be more fun that a hotel room.   But eventually Dina jumped on a bus in Paris and got lost, somehow ending up in London.   Dina called Jack and Ashley from London, terrified because she didn't know where she was.   Aunt Jack bit his bottom lip, smiled through his tears like Miss Barbara Stanwyck determined to save the Big Valley, and announced grandly, "As God is my witness, I am going to Europe and bringing MY MOTHER home!"

When Dina returned to Genoa City, she moved back into the Abbott house with her kids (of course).   A few weeks later, Abby also returned, announced that she and Dina had "really bonded" in Europe, and she wanted to live in the same house with Dina.   We've never seen the Tacky House again.     

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »
Thanks for the reminder, Ricky.

We've never seen the Tacky House again.
Maybe Victor returned it to the horses....or it could be a retreat for Faith when she has her sleepovers.

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »
Maybe Victor returned it to the horses....or it could be a retreat for Faith when she has her sleepovers.
Or maybe he was finding his wood-paneled heavy-bag room too confining and decided to bust out some walls and turn the adjacent Tacky House into his Boop-A-Rama room.

Soaprah

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 11:34:14 PM »
Or maybe he was finding his wood-paneled heavy-bag room too confining and decided to bust out some walls and turn the adjacent Tacky House into his Boop-A-Rama room.
"Boop-A-Rama room"--  ;D   Victor had better have a red button to push so that he can summon his "concierge" doctor, Nate, in case he boops one boop too many. 

Goldilocks

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »
Speaking of Nate, he certainly has a lot of free time on his hands. Aside from intense conversations with his family members and Victoria he doesn't seem to be practicing medicine a lot. I think he should join his mother a Doctors Without Borders and become more productive.

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »
Nate is a concierge doctor for the Newmans.  He's paid an annual fee and he doesn't have to do anything else but be at their beck and call unless he has other concierge patients and he has to divide his time between them. 

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »
Victor, Nikki & Victoria should all have those "I've fallen and cannot get up" necklaces with the button set to direct dial their concierge doctor.