Author Topic: Tessa should start a "Go Fund Me" account for her sister  (Read 181 times)

stpauliegirl

Tessa should start a "Go Fund Me" account for her sister
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »
People start these accounts for all sorts of things and seem to get people to contribute.  She's asking for a relatively small amount of money, in the grand scheme of things, so why not give it a shot?  She wouldn't have to identify her sister, only say that she needed money to help her start a new life after escaping from human traffickers who had forced her into prostitution.  That way she wouldn't have to steal the money, which I think is what she will end up doing.

katiesbeach

Re: Tessa should start a "Go Fund Me" account for her sister
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »
The Go Fund Me platform is intended for good use, but will probably end up going away after that couple recently set one up for a homeless man, and then ended up spending all the money on themselves.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »
I hate those go fund me and similar sites.  There are a lot on con artists just reeling in a lot of money from gullible people.  It's a shame because there are people who genuinely need help and now people are wary of these sites.

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 06:43:13 PM »
Also, a lot of people start Go Fund Me pages for things that are covered by insurance, so in the end the money rarely goes for what the donors thought it would go to. And GoFundMe takes 5 percent of donations, and payment processors take 2.9 percent plus 30 cents per donation.

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:07:22 PM »
I've contributed to Go Fund Me sites several times in the past year, but only when I knew the beneficiary and the person setting up the page on their behalf.  I realize the site takes its "cut" but they have to fund themselves somehow.  One couple I know got to keep their house after the husband's cancer treatments all but cleaned them out, and a widowed friend of mine who's financially strapped was able to buy a used car after her old vehicle died.  I'm willing to keep contributing as long as I see such positive results, just sorry others take advantage and use it for selfish ends.

As for Tessa, maybe she can hit Billy up next after he returns to Genoa City flush from all his winnings.   ::)

monkeymome3

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 04:33:27 PM »
do you suppose Tessa is the real child of Ian Ward and she's trying to enact some kind of revenge?