Author Topic: I don't think it is strange Nick wants to move off the ranch  (Read 226 times)

stpauliegirl

I don't think it is strange Nick wants to move off the ranch
« on: September 06, 2018, 04:48:51 PM »
The Ranch belongs to Victor and they've had issues for years.  I can understand why he wouldn't want to live in a place where Victor, though his employees can pretty much monitor and report back to Victor just about everything Nick and Sharon do while at home.  I know Sharon is attached to the house, but she offered to move out of state for Nick, so why won't she move across town?  Sharon, Nikki, and Victor don't get along either, so I would think she'd be okay with leaving.

Also thought her comment about the nine bedroom house didn't make sense.  She said it had six more bedrooms than they would need.  By my count  that isn't correct.  Nick and Sharon share a room, Mariah, Faith, and Christian need bedrooms and if they want to have a guest room then it means they need a 5 bedroom house.

monkeymome3

Re: I don't think it is strange Nick wants to move off the ranch
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 05:14:13 PM »
Yeah, I would want to move out of there too.  I can see being attached to a house that was built specifically for you but let Mariah have it for a while.  She needs to live on her own, she's a big girl.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 05:28:58 PM »
I have always thought he should move off the ranch, especially when he was living in the tack house... and it took Victor to kick him out and move Abby in.   Sharon should have moved years ago... the Newmans have treated her like dirt and she remains gleefully on their land.    That is about the only thing I ever criticize Sharon for.

DianeM

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
Even though I like their house, I too think it's time they found a place away from the ranch.  This house has such a small dining area and living room.  They need a house with more room, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Soaprah

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »
This house has such a small dining area and living room. 
And don't forget the world's tiniest kitchen that seems to run into the new porch, and since Dylan's time has moved from one end of the house to the other.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 10:17:46 PM »
And the upstairs originally only had a master bedroom and a nursery. Once when Nick & Sharon were on a break, they had to move a sofabed into the master for him to sleep on.  This was after drunk Nick slept with GraceTurner in the nursery, mistaking her for Sharon.  But somehow they were able to stuff Cassie, Noah, Faith, Mariah, Kathy & the Hogwarts, and Tessa up there too at various times.

Peridot

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 09:44:21 AM »
It makes a LOT of sense for Nick to want to move off the ranch.  Surprised it didn't happen years ago.  I do get, though, why Sharon would want to stay in her house.  It was a wedding present from Nick, it's where she raised her kids.  Sharon's home is one of my favorite sets and I'd hate to see it go.  Like Victor and Nikki's NuRanch, I fear Nick and Sharon's new home would be a pared down, antiseptic version of the old.

Soaprah

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 10:58:46 AM »
Given the news of budget cuts and restrictions, I'm starting to wonder if the move will ever take place. Do TPTB really want to go to the expense of building a new set?

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »
I doubt if it will happen because I think Nick and Sharon will break up when she finds out about his one-night romp with Phyllis.

lawgirl

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »
I understand why Nick would want to move off the ranch as it is a symbol of Victor's control over him and his life.  He thinks he wants to have a new start as Nick, not NICK NEWMAN.  However, he's not listening to what Sharon is saying -- especially hearing her feelings about leaving what  has been a home she loves.  If he really heard what she's saying, he'd stop looking at those grandiose mansions and seek a much more "cozy" home.  As long as he continues to try to outdo Victor, he will be undermining his relationship with Sharon.  That, more than his brief hook up with Phyllis, will end their relationship.  She'll probably move on with Ray.