Author Topic: Lily's Courtroom Dress  (Read 198 times)

missybug88

Lily's Courtroom Dress
« on: September 05, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »
You may need to move this Capricorn, but as lovely as Lily looked in the courtroom, the dress looked as if it was made from draperies, right down to the cute flutter sleeves. The seamstress in me saw the unfinished pleats and thought it needed a facing to cover inside of pleats. Could have been a darling outfit if not for that.

jinx

Re: Lily's Courtroom Dress
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »
I like the style of the dress but I thought the sleeve ruffles looked a little unfinished and the material too heavy for it.

missybug88

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 01:33:02 PM »
Agree Jinx. Loved those sleeves until I took a closer look.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »
You may need to move this Capricorn, but as lovely as Lily looked in the courtroom, the dress looked as if it was made from draperies, right down to the cute flutter sleeves. The seamstress in me saw the unfinished pleats and thought it needed a facing to cover inside of pleats. Could have been a darling outfit if not for that.

Why not put it in the right place instead of me moving it?

missybug88

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »

Why not put it in the right place instead of me moving it?

Sorry about that Capricorn!  Wasn't sure if would be okay.