Author Topic: Casting Call  (Read 266 times)

Capricorn

Casting Call
« on: August 31, 2018, 12:21:48 PM »
Alice Hunter, who hails from England and Australia, has been cast on Y&R in the new role of Kerry Jones. The character is coming on as a Jabot employee but will be interacting with Newman Enterprises, as well. “Kerry is very sweet but she’s willing to cross a few lines,” explains Hunter. Look for Kerry to debut at the end of October.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-casts-new-character/?utm_source=email&em_hash=e9accaa9a664216989ddcb3174d4cfcf

[I hope she doesn't annoy you all like Cane with her accent.]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:47:24 PM by Capricorn »

Ricky

Re: Casting Call
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:27:07 PM »

She'll do fine if she doesn't whumble (whisper/mumble)  ;D

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »
Cool word! I have to remember to use it.

SudzBearCat

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »
She reminds me of Zoe, over on B&B.

Soaprah

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »
I'm fine with an Australian accent. It's Cane's whumbling (thank you, Ricky) that makes me turn on the captions feature. I never had a problem understanding Colin. Maybe this new Aussie will take on an American accent, as so many Brits and Aussies do, eg. Idris Elba, Hugh Laurie, Nicole Kidman, Chris Hemsworth, Cate Blanchett.
For some reason, it's easier for Brits and Aussies to speak with an American accent than the other way around. 

pcrchik

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 06:29:22 PM »
cool!  looking forward to her starting.  i hope it's not a fly by night character, but someone who will actually stick around for awhile.  we need new faces...desperately!!