Author Topic: Y&R adding to Arturo's family - sister Lola Rosales  (Read 247 times)

Capricorn

Y&R adding to Arturo's family - sister Lola Rosales
« on: August 30, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »
Young and the Restless is extending Arturo and Reys family by casting Sasha Calle (Socially Awkward) as their sister Lola Rosales.   The actress tweeted with excitement, Its official.   Thank you @YandR_CBS @CBS @CBSDaytime @Sony & Executive Producer Mal Young for this beautiful opportunity!   You have changed my life!   And now with great honor, Tune in every day @11:30AM to see Lola Rosales & The Rosales family as they are welcomed to GC.   She will first appear on Friday September 14.

Photo added at 7:30 2018-08-30

Pretty young lady.  She looks as if she is related to Rey.  Arturo not so much.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:51:17 PM by Capricorn »

Peridot

Re: Y&R adding to Arturo's family - sister Lola Rosales
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
I applaud the show for trying to add some diversity, in the family unit of Arturo, Rey, and Lola.  Hopefully these characters will get properly fleshed out and have some staying power.  In the past Y&R tried to add an Asian family (Luan, Keemo, and Mai Volein), and later the Hispanic Guitierrez family (Raul, brother Diego, and parents).  Neither attempt really stuck.  It would be nice if this one did.

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 07:29:18 PM »
Let's hope Lola keeps her shirt on and is not named after the Lola in the Kinks' song.

pcrchik

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »
I applaud the show for trying to add some diversity, in the family unit of Arturo, Rey, and Lola.  Hopefully these characters will get properly fleshed out and have some staying power.  In the past Y&R tried to add an Asian family (Luan, Keemo, and Mai Volein), and later the Hispanic Guitierrez family (Raul, brother Diego, and parents).  Neither attempt really stuck.  It would be nice if this one did.

couldn't agree more!  cultural diversity is "in" now in hollywood (so they like to act anyway) i hope this family is given the chance to grow and expand and interact with the rest of the characters.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 07:22:08 PM »
I already paired her with Kyle in my mind.   

franniep51

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
Lola may go for Devon or Kyle.  I like the idea of adding diversity with the Rosales family, but I still cant take a liking to Auturo.  I like Rey and hope to like Lola.  I just don t care for Arturo with Abby.
I like the last name of Rosales, its pretty. 

SudzBearCat

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »
I already paired her with Kyle in my mind.

I think she just turned 20, but I'm not sure how old she's supposed to be on the show (she looks very young IRL).  She may be a peer of Charlie/Maddie.

How old is Kyle supposed to be?

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 05:14:10 PM »
I think Kyle is in his twenties.   Charlie and Mattie are still in high school, maybe 16-17.

Sasha Calle the actress who is going to play Lola looks like the 20 year old she is.

Michael Mealor who plays Kyle is 28 years old.