Author Topic: Sorry to be beating a dead horse again - Chrissy Metz  (Read 108 times)

Capricorn

Sorry to be beating a dead horse again - Chrissy Metz
« on: August 29, 2018, 02:32:55 PM »
Saw Chrissy on Jimmy Fallon and she has gained even more weight.  I swear she weighs over 500 lbs. and looks like if you stick her with a pin she would pop like a balloon.   It can't be healthy... she needs to see a therapist and a dietician... she needs help.   She seems like a genuinely sweet woman, she needs an intervention... wouldn't it be nice if her cast members and family did that for her?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:09:25 PM by Capricorn »

katiesbeach

Re: Sorry to be beating a dead horse again - Chrissy Metz
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:36:39 PM »
I hear you Cap!  Being slightly over-weight and loving your body is one thing.  Being obese (which she clearly is) and unhealthy (which I can only imagine she is) is another.  And for everyone to be celebrating the fact that she is 'ok' with her body, is just enabling her.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone so round in my life.  She doesn't look good, and I can't imagine that she feels good.

Billie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:13:32 PM »
She does appear to have gained weight.  I can only imagine the strain on her heart walking around with all that excess weight.  I wish she would do something about because I don't see longevity in her future if she continues this way.

Money Honey

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 10:00:23 PM »
One of those exercise gurus who gets paid to help people, should reach out to her and
let her know that they would like to help her... If she wants help.  This could be with or
without charge.  They could say, a once a year gesture.  Not saying that she can't afford
to pay for the help, but since they're supposed to be good at helping with weight loss,
why not reach out to Chrissy Metz.  Now, here's another problem.  How do you tell, or
ask a person of that size tactfully, if they will accept their help. 

missybug88

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »

So sad. I've been a huge ;) fan of This is Us since the very first episode. Chrissy Metz does appear to be getting larger. Someone in her circle should see about getting her some help. How in the world does she even get dressed in the morning? I think she is a good actress and I feel really bad for her.

katiesbeach

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 10:42:20 AM »
There are a lot of actors who lose/gain weight for their roles.  It would be nice if the show wrote it in that Kate was going to lose a significant amount of weight so it would motivate her. 

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »
There are a lot of actors who lose/gain weight for their roles.  It would be nice if the show wrote it in that Kate was going to lose a significant amount of weight so it would motivate her.
I think they did that in the first year, made it part of the story and she did lose a bit, but the stress of it all seems to have backfired, as it did with most of the Biggest Losers who have regained all of their original weight plus more.