Author Topic: Summerís Cruise  (Read 388 times)

franniep51

Summerís Cruise
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »
Is Summer steering the yacht or does she have a crew to handle it?  I somehow like the idea of Snowflake commanding the ship!  Lol. Something about her being loose on Jaboat doesnít seem right.

katiesbeach

Re: Summerís Cruise
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »
Yea, the thought of Summer not being able to access anyone is lame.  There is a crew on that boat, and they have all kinds of communication.  On top of that, I don't think a crew would keep her on the boat against her wishes

wanda

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:21:16 PM »
Yes. The whole thing is ridiculous. All of the crew and Phyllis could be charged with kidnapping.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 06:45:21 PM »
So true, she'd throw a major temper tantrum and the crew would return her to shore.  I guess we are supposed to suspend belief. I'm happy to do so, if only because I'm enjoying a break from Summer.

monkeymome3

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 06:54:45 PM »
Phyllis has to know that Summer is going to come home pissed!  The little secret she's been paid by Daddy to keep quiet will be the first order of business.  You can tell it will because Phyllis keeps putting the emphasis on absolute honesty.  She's about to be busted and I don't really blame Summer for doing it.

monkeymome3

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 06:55:10 PM »
So true, she'd throw a major temper tantrum and the crew would return her to shore.  I guess we are supposed to suspend belief. I'm happy to do so, if only because I'm enjoying a break from Summer.
They would probably pay her to get off!!!

Winza

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 07:18:08 PM »
They would probably pay her to get off!!!

So would we.

deirdra

Re: Summer’s Cruise
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 07:19:40 PM »
I'm hoping the crew got fed up with Summer's whining and left her on a small island with food & water until Phyllis decides she can come home.  Hidden cameras with footage we can watch would be a bonus.

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »
Phyllis called the crew and prepared them for Summer's boarding.  She also told (can't remember who)  that Summer wouldn't be able to use her phone... so I guess she ordered disconnection of the wifi.   I'm sure the Captain has other ways of communication if there is an emergency... same as before wifi.

The Captain got an order... I'm not sure if he/she and the crew could or should be held accountable for kidnapping.   In any case it's been a wonderful few days without Summer.  If only the Jaboat could do a Titanic and drown Summer, I would be very happy.    I can't stand the little Newman snit.

Soaprah

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 08:39:21 PM »
Maybe they stocked the ship's larder with jars and jars of peanut butter....

DianeM

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 09:13:04 PM »
I doubt there is a secluded island in Lake Geneva, which is the lake where Genoa City is located.

Capricorn

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 09:31:39 PM »
There is a real Genoa City but don't forget that Y&R's Genoa City is not real, it's a Soap City and anything is possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_and_the_Restless

http://theyoungandtherestless.wikia.com/wiki/Genoa_City

Peridot

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »
IRL I doubt a boat crew could hold a passenger against her will but I'm sure Phyllis paid them handsomely.  This being Genoa City and all, I guess I'm willing to suspend disbelief.  Besides, I'm half expecting Summer to drive the captain and crew so crazy they beg Phyllis to allow them to unload the twit, LOL.

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 01:05:14 PM »
She will probably offer sex to get back to dry land.

franniep51

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 06:19:51 PM »
All these responses reminds me of a short story I had to read for a class once, Ransom of Red Chief. I canít remember much of it, but the captors were being tortured by the little boy they held, and I donít remember if his family was in a hurry to get him back.

deirdra

Re: Summer’s Cruise
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 06:45:44 PM »
All these responses reminds me of a short story I had to read for a class once, Ransom of Red Chief. I can’t remember much of it, but the captors were being tortured by the little boy they held, and I don’t remember if his family was in a hurry to get him back.
I remember the Ransom of Red Chief by O Henry.  The kidnappers were so fed up with the rich spoiled brat's antics that instead of getting a ransom, they PAID the kid's father to take him back!  I'm sure Summer is being insufferable too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:28:15 PM by deirdra »

Peridot

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 06:53:12 PM »
I read "The Ransom of Red Chief" years ago and see I'm not the only one reminded of that story by Summer's cruise.  LOL at the image of Phyllis's reaction should the Jaboat crew follow the example of the kidnappers in the story.

steveninseattle

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 03:01:36 PM »
I had read years ago that the Bette Midler movie 'Ruthless People' was based on the story of "The Ransom of Red Chief"    LOL