Author Topic: Ar-terr-oh  (Read 494 times)

Twokeets

Ar-terr-oh
« on: August 27, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »
How many times did Abby say "Arturo" when she was talking to Ray? Seemed like about 50. I only noticed because I felt irritated by her American pronunciation of his name.

Miravep

Re: Ar-terr-oh
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »
No matter how many times Rey would say Artooro (correctly), Abby would just keep answering back about Artuhro.  Between that, her stuttering when she's "upset," and her horribly fake laugh when she's "happy," my heart just falls when I see she's on an episode.

SudzBearCat

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »
No matter how many times Rey would say Artooro (correctly), Abby would just keep answering back about Artuhro.  Between that, her stuttering when she's "upset," and her horribly fake laugh when she's "happy," my heart just falls when I see she's on an episode.

Well, there's gonna be another Abby/Sharon love triangle with Rey so we better crowd fund some zanaz. 

At least it's not Nikki: Arrrrrrrrrtooooooro.

wanda

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 07:20:39 AM »
It doesn't bother me how Abby pronounces Arturo's name. She has an American pronunciations of it because she is American. I never heard that name in my life until this character came on the show. I say it the way Abby says it. I remember when Nikki would say Arturo she trilled the r. People on the board didn't like  that either.

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:07:47 AM »
Let's call him Art to simplify things. So brothers Art and Rey with a sister coming soon.

JustAFan

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 02:49:46 PM »
I was wondering if I was the only one who cringed every time Nikki said his name. It's eye twitchingly annoying!  ;D

monkeymome3

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:04:39 PM »
I was wondering if I was the only one who cringed every time Nikki said his name. It's eye twitchingly annoying!  ;D
Every time Nikki speaks, it's eye twitchingly annoying to me.  I cannot stand her little girl voice.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »
Ditto... and when she whispers in her wannabe Marilyn Monroe voice my entire body twitches.  ;)

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 07:26:00 PM »
I wonder if that's MTS's normal voice, all breathy and baby-like.

tina1945

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »
oh for sure there is going to be a triangle love affair going on. i think sharon is very attracted to rey and is trying hard not to show it. yes, her and nick have history but the ship has sailed on that one. they will always be connected because of the kids, but romance wise, it is kind of dull. i always fast forward there so called lovemaking. now with rey, he is tall, dark and handsome and seems to have loads of charm and charisma. and little miss blondie abby is also noticing the appeal in being around rey. oh what a tangled web we weave. be interesting to see where this all goes.

SANDY B

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »
oh for sure there is going to be a triangle love affair going on. i think sharon is very attracted to rey and is trying hard not to show it. yes, her and nick have history but the ship has sailed on that one. they will always be connected because of the kids, but romance wise, it is kind of dull. i always fast forward there so called lovemaking. now with rey, he is tall, dark and handsome and seems to have loads of charm and charisma. and little miss blondie abby is also noticing the appeal in being around rey. oh what a tangled web we weave. be interesting to see where this all goes.
I don't find Sharon's scenes with Nick dull. She could have good chemistry with a tablecloth!

Ricky

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 07:22:22 PM »

What Miss Piggy does that drives me bonkers is the way she starts her sentences with that musical version of the word "well".  She makes two or three syllables out of that word.   She starts off in her low alto register on the "W", then moves up to soprano on the "E" and the first "L", and then she drops back to alto on the final "L".  Like she's practicing her scales.  She's been doing it since her first day on the show in 1979.   

"wa-YUL-llll!"

Soaprah

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 10:20:23 PM »
Ricky, I've noticed this about Nikki's speech patterns (and it's driven me bonkers) for years, but I never could have described it as creatively as you! It reminds me of the way political commentators, particularly on CNN, copy each other by starting their sentences with "Look!"
Now, each time I hear Nikki say, "wa-YUL-llll!", I'll just "suh-MY-ullll" instead of rolling my eyes.

Ricky

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 02:53:54 AM »

(Yes!!   And before they say, "Look", the CNN commentators usually nod their heads vigorously to indicate that they're passionately but professionally engaged in the conversation.    They pause at odd intervals in their sentences, and use some off-the-wall words that are only utilized by the media, such as "nix", "pontiff", or "fortnight".  Nod, nod, nod, nod.   "Look.  Anderson.  This woman is the third ... Kavanaugh ... Accuser ... to step forward into the limelight in the past fortnight.")

When I was a kid my siblings and I always said, "Way-ULL-lll" in unison with Nikki, because she puckers up her lips in a certain style just before she says it, in order to let us know we're in for a vocal treat.  We also always yelled, "I'll get it, Miguel!" whenever the doorbell or the phone rang, lol.