Author Topic: Ar-terr-oh  (Read 308 times)

Twokeets

Ar-terr-oh
« on: August 27, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »
How many times did Abby say "Arturo" when she was talking to Ray? Seemed like about 50. I only noticed because I felt irritated by her American pronunciation of his name.

Miravep

Re: Ar-terr-oh
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »
No matter how many times Rey would say Artooro (correctly), Abby would just keep answering back about Artuhro.  Between that, her stuttering when she's "upset," and her horribly fake laugh when she's "happy," my heart just falls when I see she's on an episode.

SudzBearCat

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »
No matter how many times Rey would say Artooro (correctly), Abby would just keep answering back about Artuhro.  Between that, her stuttering when she's "upset," and her horribly fake laugh when she's "happy," my heart just falls when I see she's on an episode.

Well, there's gonna be another Abby/Sharon love triangle with Rey so we better crowd fund some zanaz. 

At least it's not Nikki: Arrrrrrrrrtooooooro.

wanda

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 07:20:39 AM »
It doesn't bother me how Abby pronounces Arturo's name. She has an American pronunciations of it because she is American. I never heard that name in my life until this character came on the show. I say it the way Abby says it. I remember when Nikki would say Arturo she trilled the r. People on the board didn't like  that either.

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:07:47 AM »
Let's call him Art to simplify things. So brothers Art and Rey with a sister coming soon.

JustAFan

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 02:49:46 PM »
I was wondering if I was the only one who cringed every time Nikki said his name. It's eye twitchingly annoying!  ;D

monkeymome3

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:04:39 PM »
I was wondering if I was the only one who cringed every time Nikki said his name. It's eye twitchingly annoying!  ;D
Every time Nikki speaks, it's eye twitchingly annoying to me.  I cannot stand her little girl voice.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »
Ditto... and when she whispers in her wannabe Marilyn Monroe voice my entire body twitches.  ;)

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 07:26:00 PM »
I wonder if that's MTS's normal voice, all breathy and baby-like.