Author Topic: ~Weekend Fashion Saturday August 25th~  (Read 259 times)

Capricorn

~Weekend Fashion Saturday August 25th~
« on: August 25, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »

Simple, casual Summer look

Another simple, casual Summer look.

Hmm not sure I like this on Lily.  Seems like it's not her style.  Not that there's anything wrong with the dress.

Seems as if somebody told Summer she looks good in black.   This black & white dress looks good on her.  The other two outfits above not so much.

Phyllis has a great figure, these two outfits does nothing for her.

I didn't see Nikki standing while wearing this dress, but looking at the model it's a NO for Nikki.

I didn't like this dress on Nikki with the black jacket but then she appeared in just the dress and looked great.  This dress is a little too busy for my taste.

Don't like this dress - worn Ashley's way or the model's way.  The fringy stuff puts me off. Reminds me of a time when there were fringes on drapes, rugs, jackets, clothes. etc. Ugh!

Another casual Summer top.

Well what do ya know Lauren looks quite respectable and since she's probably 1 foot shorter than the model, the dress length is appropriate on her.

Just NO!

Meh.

Goldilocks

Re: ~Weekend Fashion Saturday August 25th~
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 02:50:42 PM »
I am not a fan of super wide kimono like sleeves on young women with toned arms. That style is better for mature women like me! I love the color of Nikki's purple dress. She looks great in jewel tones. Victoria looks too buttoned up but I think that is a trend; maybe she borrowed her outfit from Maddie! The color of Abby's jumpsuit doesn't suit her at all. It washes her out. She would look cute if the outfit came in a brighter color. Summer appears to have two styles, either too much cleavage and short skirts or ill fitting too full drab dresses with asymmetrical hemlines that are way too long. Do the actresses have any imput as to their wardrobes?

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
Summer: The Amish want their black dress back.

Nikki: The Holstein wants her hide back. Mooooo!

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
That first black dress looks like Summer borrowed grampire's bathrobe and mis-tied it so one side hangs down lower than the other. The sleeve length, width & flare hit the arms at the least flattering spot.  And she has an identical dress in dark green and I think a third one in another colour that she's worn in the past month or so.  Must have been on sale in the matron's dusters aisle of the thrift store.

In that scene with Abby's blah jumpsuit, Arturo kept doing distracting things with his lips and jaws for no apparent reason except to draw more attention to his detestable scruff.

Have Katie & Johnnie been doing the laundry while their harried mother lives at the office?  The body of Victoria's dress looks like it has been faded by harsh chemicals, and the collar & cuffs borrowed from one of Esther's old maid uniforms.

I hate fringe too - a dust magnet!

franniep51

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
Sharon, Lily, and Ashley’s tops were cute. The rest, not so much.  Nikki’s black and white Op-Art dress was just strange to me.  Summer’s black and white fitted dress, was there a crisscross feature on the top. I keep watching the pattern and it looked crooked or pulled.  Other than that, it fit her well and looked cute.
Phyllis has worn pants like those before, so has Ashley.  I couldn’t help wonder how to sit with them. Do you pull the fabric over to cover knees or just let the legs hang out?  I like palazzo pants but the slit, to me, is unnecessary.

Soaprah

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
The stripes on Sharon's grey and white shirt don't line up. I found it distracting. You'd think that a shirt that is sold by Bloomingdale's (I looked it up. Regular price $38USD, on sale for $14.25) would be made with the stripes perfectly matched.

For me, Lily's casual top is the cutest.

Ashley's blue top is a pretty colour, but those rings look like they'd irritate your pits.

Billie

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 12:55:31 PM »
I liked Sharon and Lily's cute summer tops.
Liked Lauren's red dress.
Awful shade on Abby.  Whoever mentioned that the color washed her out was correct.
Victoria's dress, no words for that disaster.

jinx

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
I like the gray and white color of Sharon's top but, as someone said, the stripes should line up.

Lily's pink top is ok. She looks good in red but I don't like the dress.
Summer tends to wear a lot of that loose kimona look with a deep V neck. It's too matronly and not flattering at all. She looks better in the jacket outfit as it's more suitable for a young girl, but I don't like the asymmetrical skirt. I do like her black and white dress.
Phyllis's navy jump suit is an odd length. Not flattering. I don't like the white palazzo pants.
Nikki looks good in the color but I don't like the dress on the model. I think the slit would be a problem when sitting. Although it fit, her black and white dress was kind of startling. Whoever said "mooooo" said it all!
No to Ashley's fringe dress. The blue top looks better loose rather than tucked in as Ashley wore it.

Lauren looks very nice in the red dress. Much more appropriate than most of her clothes.
A huge NO to Victoria's dress, both print and style.
We're seeing a lot of jumpsuits lately. Abby's is not one of the better ones.

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 10:25:50 AM »
Sharon's knotted tank top looks kind of sloppy to me.  I do like the white jeans.

Lily's top is cute but I think I prefer it with white pants, as on the model.

Summer's black dress is a little matronly for her IMO.  Not fond of the black miniskirt but I do like the black sundress.  Wow.  This kid is wearing a lot of black lately. Maybe a precursor to mourning the mother-daughter relationship she's about to kill.

Phyllis has been wearing some strange outfits lately.  The high slit in those flowing white pants seems incongruous.

Nikki's wine colored dress is fine but I'm getting kind of tired of the ubiquitous flared sleeves.  Hope they eventually go away, just like the cold shoulders look.  Nikki's black and white outfit makes her look, sorry to say, like a cow.

Ashley should Just Say No to fringe.  The blue top is much more flattering.

Lauren's red dress is pretty but the ruffled hem would look better on a younger woman.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »
For once, Lauren looks decent in a dress!

The flowered monstrosity Victoria is wearing.  Looks like something my grandmother wore!

Although a little too low cut for me, I like Phyllis’ purple jumpsuit.

Nothing else jumps out at me.

LeannaLove

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »
That's a cute dress Lauren has on and good Lord, she covered up her boobs for once.  I barely recognized her.   ;)
I do agree that on Lauren, this dress minus the ruffle (but still the same length) would have been an even better choice.  Lily would have looked amazing in this dress.