Author Topic: Kyle and Mariah  (Read 493 times)

Winza

Kyle and Mariah
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »
I loved their scene and their obvious friendship. Wouldn’t it just kill Summer if Kyle chose Mariah over her?  I doubt we are heading toward a romance. But it was still nice to see their mutual regard and trust.

monkeymome3

Re: Kyle and Mariah
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 05:45:31 PM »
I liked it too, he's a different person with Mariah.  I do wish he would do something about that facial hair.  I don't like the mustache one bit.

katiesbeach

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »
I like to think of Mariah as 'fluid' and if her and Tess are over, then why not give it a whirl with Kyle.  She's already been BFFs with a guy (Kevin) and I think she deserves a really nice romance.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:30:26 PM »
Kyle doesn't seem like he's really over Summer so, no, I'm not on board with a Kyle/Mariah pairing.  All we need is a Summer/Kyle/Mariah triangle to make me start passing the barf bags.  I don't see Mariah having much patience with having to compete with Snowflake.  Besides, Mariah has great friend chemistry with Kyle, just like she does with most guys.  I say they shouldn't mess with that.

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:01:35 PM »
Mariah has great friend chemistry with Devon as well. I hope they remain friends and don't take their relationship beyond that.

Billie

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 08:11:36 PM »
I also liked the scene.  Kyle is getting better and better by the day. Good casting!

stpauliegirl

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 09:07:00 PM »
I personally don't care if Tessa ever returns, but I like Mariah and would like her to find someone that makes her happy.  Not sure if Kyle is that person, but I like their friendship.

DebR

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 11:34:49 PM »
I really like Kyle and Mariah’s relationship.  He seems genuine when he’s with her and I like that he cares about her.  Too bad they ever introduced Tessa.

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »
I like Mariah being friends with Devon & Kyle.  When she gets married she won't have to fill the wedding party with family & enemies, like her mother.

Confiding with friends is one way to quickly (and cheaply) establish background information through a friendly chat.  The last set of friends I remember being portrayed and used to advance storylines on Y&R was Megan Dennison & Tara Lipinski.

bren

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 03:24:33 PM »

Per Mariah's last conversation with Hilary, I'm pretty sure Mariah is gay.

Mariah herself has stated that she doesn't want to be labeled.  She also told Sharon that she's not attracted to women in general, just Tessa.  Plenty of people have relationships with both men and women.  Seems to me the writers have written Mariah to be able to go either way, depending on the person.

I hope you're right about "either way."

slmken

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 03:10:03 PM »
I FF the scenes with Tessa. Never liked this character

pcrchik

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 06:26:34 PM »
i like mariah and kyle together as friends. 1) it's nice that a man and woman can be true friends here not just friends with benefits and 2) i can see these two being friends well into the futursharing stories and getting into fun trouble together.  it wouldn't hurt the show to have more friendships between characters, i hope they continue to build on those two.

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
I FF the scenes with Tessa. Never liked this character

I don't think the Tessa character has too many fans here.    I don't mind her but if she leaves I won't miss her.    However I do think she's a pretty young lady.