Author Topic: Nude Top Dresses  (Read 284 times)

Kramer

Nude Top Dresses
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:18:57 PM »
Iím not a fan. Both Lilly and Phyllis wore them this week. Maybe someone can post the photos.

Capricorn

Re: Nude Top Dresses
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 12:05:10 AM »
Are these the two you are referring to?

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 08:21:23 AM »
The high waist and low nude part made Phyllis look droopy compared to the model and the thin black trim at the neck and armholes made the dress look cheap; wider, like the other black bands on the dress would have made it look more balanced. Lily's top highlighted her beautiful skin, but looks drab on the model.

The only time nude tops make sense is for figure skaters who need full coverage while spinning & flipping around energetically, but want the look of a more delicate design.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:29:12 PM by deirdra »

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 10:34:45 AM »
This is not a look I'm fond of, especially Phyllis's dress.  Phyllis has such a nice figure and this dress ruins the line.  It chops her up in the most unflattering way.

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »
That dress made Phyllis look chubby in the middle, plus I don't like to see red and pink together.

Soaprah

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 12:26:30 PM »
I like Lily's outfit, especially that the fabrics are the same pattern but three different colours.

Kramer

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 12:30:02 PM »
Yes Capricorn. These are the dresses. Lillyís is better than Phyllisí

jinx

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 02:29:57 PM »
I don't like the color combinations on either dress. Phyllis indeed looks droopy in the top.

Billie

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 08:00:27 PM »
Lily's dress was OK but would have looked better without the fringe/fishtail thing at the bottom.  Phyllis's was a hot mess with no hope of redemption.

wanda

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 09:39:16 PM »
Lily's dress was too tight. I didn't realize there was a cutout at her waist.

Phyllis' dress was just awful in every way.

missybug88

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 10:27:26 PM »
Phyllis dress was one of the worst I have ever seen on her, and she wore it for days. Horrible color combinations and absolutely shapeless.

franniep51

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 09:21:19 AM »
Phyllisís dress reminded me of the Neopolitan icecream my dad would sometimes buy.  (I think thatís why icecream was never that high on my list of treats.)  It had vanilla, chocolate and strawberry in three stripes.  My sister and I would dig out the vanilla and chocolate and leave the pink.

deirdra

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
My sister and I would dig out the vanilla and chocolate and leave the pink.
Same here, so my mother rarely bought it since she didn't really like strawberry icecream either.

missybug88

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
Phyllisís dress reminded me of the Neopolitan icecream my dad would sometimes buy.  (I think thatís why icecream was never that high on my list of treats.)  It had vanilla, chocolate and strawberry in three stripes.  My sister and I would dig out the vanilla and chocolate and leave the pink.

That's EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw the dress...Neopolitan ice cream! I actually said that to my elderly client as we watched together. Thank God she finally took that ugly thing off!