Author Topic: Wedding No. 5?  (Read 930 times)

DianeM

Wedding No. 5?
« on: August 16, 2018, 08:24:16 PM »
Why did Sharon give in to Nick and agree to a big wedding?  If I'm not mistaken, this will be her fifth marriage (Nick, Jack, Victor  :-\ , Adam, and Nick again.  Was there another?  A simple exchange of vows in front of the children would have been more appropriate.  (Of course, there probably won't be any wedding when Sharon finds out about the Nick/ Phyllis romp.

Capricorn

Re: Wedding No. 5?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »

She was married to Dylan McAvoy for about 18 months until he went into witness protection program.

Her marriage to Victor on January 13, 2012 wasn't really a marriage. It was annulled after a few days.   Again not a real marriage on August 3, 2012, then I think he disappeared, thought dead - marriage also annulled.  (Not sure about how many days these marriages lasted, there's just too much to read through.)

Tucker McCall tried to marry to get his hands on Newman Enterprises when Victor was "dead" her but ceremony was not completed.

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
Don't know how I forgot about Dylan, since it was pretty recent.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 09:19:59 PM »
Although I like Steve Burton the Dylan McAvoy character is quite forgettable.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 09:48:51 PM »
I agree that a big wedding is kind of tacky when you've been married so many times.  Don't forget that this is marriage number 4 for Nick as well, so a quieter celebration would be more seemly.  This probably will be a moot point, however.  Summer is sure to blab and the wedding probably won't take place.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 01:22:21 PM »
I always wonder if these ladies have all their old engagement rings lined up in their jewelry box and old wedding dresses lined up in the closet.  Even when they remarry their exes they usually get new rings and dresses.

Linds

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 02:11:05 PM »
Don't forget her other weddings to Nick... one at the justice of the peace before their actual wedding and then the wedding in 2014 that didn't happen. I really think they should have just gone to the courthouse.

katiesbeach

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »
There is no reason to have a big wedding, especially when you are marrying someone AGAIN. But, I guess if you don't have to worry about money - there's no reason not to  Besides, how would the show set up all the drama if we couldn't get everyone together in the same room for a wedding

SudzBearCat

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »
Why did Sharon give in to Nick and agree to a big wedding?  If I'm not mistaken, this will be her fifth marriage (Nick, Jack, Victor  :-\ , Adam, and Nick again.  Was there another?  A simple exchange of vows in front of the children would have been more appropriate.  (Of course, there probably won't be any wedding when Sharon finds out about the Nick/ Phyllis romp.

"Appropriate" is in the eye of the beholder.  If someone wants a big celebration, and it doesn't harm anyone, why not?   Surely, not because of old social mores, or because someone who may not matter to the couple doesn't like it?   

I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't criticize someone who did.

Zoe

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 09:57:15 PM »
They won't get married this time.  When the plans for a wedding are big and take up several episodes, it's usually a tip it ain't gonna happen.

SudzBearCat

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 06:55:23 AM »
Agree.  The bigger the set-up, the smaller the chances of getting married.   I'm betting Sharon walks in on Nick and Phyllis having sex again.

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
Remember their last non-wedding?  Before the "I now pronounce you man & wife" statement, Mariah, Noah and others gave long-winded speeches about how wonderful Sharon & Nick were before Phyllis burst in.  The speeches sounded like what would normally be given after the wedding meal or at funeral, very odd.  If they had saved their comments for the after-dinner toasts, S&N would have been married before Phylly got there.

PatsyB86

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 01:02:26 PM »
Remember their last non-wedding?  Before the "I now pronounce you man & wife" statement, Mariah, Noah and others gave long-winded speeches about how wonderful Sharon & Nick were before Phyllis burst in. The speeches sounded like what would normally be given after the wedding meal or at funeral, very odd.  If they had saved their comments for the after-dinner toasts, S&N would have been married before Phylly got there.

Hahahahaha!  ;D

tina1945

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 10:43:27 AM »
i think sharon and nick might get to go to the alter again. but i think when the minister or whoever asks if anyone knows a just reason why they can't be married, it might be mariah to pull the plug on her mother. she already knows, because of summer and kyle, that nick had a romp with phyllis and it will haunt mariah that her mother deserves better. but i don't know, i guess it just remains to be seen.

Capricorn

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
Yep. Someone unexpected will probably come in like a tornado just like the last wedding when a crazed Phyllis burst into the wedding ceremony in a white dress that looked awfully like a wedding dress.    My weird brain is making me think it might be Dylan or Doris.   Just strange thinking, I have no proof and I not starting rumours.

Goldilocks

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 06:50:40 PM »
I just saw a video on the creation of Sharon's wedding dress. It is absolutely stunning and making it involved many fittings and gorgeous Chantilly lace. What an expensive undertaking for a wedding that will most likely not take place.

Capricorn

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 07:46:38 PM »
Tell us the site so we can look-see.

deirdra

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 08:03:21 PM »
I think this is the site for the Wedding #5 dress: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uhm55

Did this much effort go into the previous four dresses?

Capricorn

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »
I got a blank grey nothing where the video should be.   Maybe Canadians can't see it.

**Added:

I found this on Y&R Insider Twitter: https://twitter.com/YandR_CBS/status/1046415635834519554

Goldilocks

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »
I saw the video on Soap Central.

Soaprah

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 12:16:03 AM »
That was fun to watch. Thank you.

katiesbeach

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 09:37:08 AM »
When I see things like that, it always reminds me of how much more these actors do besides show up and act their lines.  They have public appearances, interviews, fittings, photo shoots, and a dozen other things that take up their time.  But I did enjoy seeing this.  Sharon Case seems so laid back, and she is one of my favorites on the show.

SANDY B

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
That dress is beautiful. Thanks for the video.  Cap, I wish you could see it.

DianeM

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 04:03:55 PM »
Is she really going to wear that dress?  After Mariah's revelation today, I see Sharon escaping to Crimson Lights and having a romp with Rey in his new apartment.  I wish Mariah had just forgotten what the nasty Summer told her.

Capricorn

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 04:40:10 PM »
Yep. Someone unexpected will probably come in like a tornado just like the last wedding when a crazed Phyllis burst into the wedding ceremony in a white dress that looked awfully like a wedding dress.    My weird brain is making me think it might be Dylan or Doris.   Just strange thinking, I have no proof and I not starting rumours.

I was totally wrong! It's not Dylan or Doris.

deirdra

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 07:29:05 PM »
I was totally wrong! It's not Dylan or Doris.
I was pleasantly surprised and amazed that the writers remembered that this person existed.

I liked Faith's hair.  All the other blondes would look better with their hair up too, instead of the long scraggles.

katiesbeach

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2018, 03:39:50 PM »
Why in the world would Sharon bother with getting all dressed up just do dump Nick at the alter??  She wanted all the town to hear it at one time??

And I can't believe that Billy proposed to Phyllis at another person's wedding.  I guess they were going for maximum damage when Billy heard about her and Nick sleeping together

DianeM

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »
Only on a soap opera would a wedding end like this.  Yes, Nick had a one-night-stand with Phyllis (unbelievable and dumb), but did she even think of Faith when she decided to out him in the church?  That poor child will never recover.

deirdra

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 04:36:09 PM »
And now Christian will probably be ripped away from his sisters and the only mother he remembers.

DianeM

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »
Maybe Christian will be back with Grandpa Victor after this sham of a wedding.

jinx

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
Why in the world would Sharon bother with getting all dressed up just do dump Nick at the alter??  She wanted all the town to hear it at one time??

And I can't believe that Billy proposed to Phyllis at another person's wedding.  I guess they were going for maximum damage when Billy heard about her and Nick sleeping together
And in front of their kids, no less. So he didn't tell her his secret but apparently it's okay that she didn't tell him hers.

There was something I didn't understand, or maybe I misheard. Abby told Arturo that Phyllis's sister set Nick up at their last wedding. When and what was that?

Capricorn

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2018, 05:16:34 PM »
No surprise that I don't blame Sharon!   Does anyone remember the last Nick and Sharon wedding that Phyllis upended?   Nick treated Sharon just as badly, if not worse, in front of family, friends and a lot more people than this wedding.   Karma is a bitch!   I'm a little itty bitty sort of sorry for Nick but so glad that Sharon outed Phyllis.   Phyllis gets her just reward on tomorrow's show.   Stay tuned!

P.S.  I am happy that Sharon was thinking of herself and herself alone.   She always thinks about other people, it is time for her to put herself first.  Faith will get over it or she can run to grampa as she has done before.  Christian doesn't even understand what's happening.   It's on Mariah's head that she decided to tell Sharon about Nick and Phyllis on her wedding day.   It's even more on Summer's head that she goaded Mariah into telling Sharon.   But then Summer is a bitch just like her mother.  Stay tuned!

Billie

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 08:17:46 PM »

And in front of their kids, no less. So he didn't tell her his secret but apparently it's okay that she didn't tell him hers.

There was something I didn't understand, or maybe I misheard. Abby told Arturo that Phyllis's sister set Nick up at their last wedding. When and what was that?
Phyllis's sister Avery the cook stood him up at the altar.

Whoever showed up from the past, is it on Friday's US show?

Capricorn

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 08:24:00 PM »
Didn't you see Noah today?  I think he's the surprise person.

Billie

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »
Duh! Of course!  For some reason I was thinking about someone in Sharon's romantic past.  Thanks for clarifying.

jinx

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »

Phyllis's sister Avery the cook stood him up at the altar.

Whoever showed up from the past, is it on Friday's US show?
Thank you, Billie. I forgot all about Avery.

katiesbeach

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »
At least Tessa had the good sense to usher Faith out of there before she got to see her mom deck her dad!

Maple Leaf

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »
I love Sharon and have always taken up for her, but I did not like what she did at the altar.  I believe she should have kicked Nick to the curb, but not in front of their young children.  I sincerely hope she doesn't get hooked up with Rey.  Not just yet anyway.