Author Topic: The Phyllis and Summer Show  (Read 623 times)

Winza

The Phyllis and Summer Show
« on: August 14, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »
It is crystal clear that Mal Young is in love with Gina T. and Phyllis, which is why this snarling unpleasant woman seems to worm her way into every story and every scene these days.  That's bad enough.  I hope he's not falling for Hunter King and Summer also, as that obnoxious duo is best in small doses.

Yes, Summer is stirring things up and is different and that's not a bad thing.  But she's becoming very one-note unpleasant also.  She's all about Billy and about using sex to get what she wants.  In the #METOO era, it's not a great thing to focus on, although I know it's part and parcel of all soaps to have a sex vixen.

But day after day to have the two of them barge into everything and swallow lots of story will not make for good soap.  There are other good actors and actresses who could use more story -- like Mariah (not with Tessa, please!) and Nate, who could be interesting.  Even Kyle seems like he could be interesting if he became more than the opportunistic stooge/spy for the oldsters playing Game of Thrones at Jabot.

I guess the good news is that Mal Young isn't focused all the time on Victoria and having all of the men fall at her feet, which is a good thing.  And he has had less Victor on the canvas, which is a VERY good thing.  But I'm sick of Phyllis and I don't want Summer's push into Y&R to have her and her Mom on my screen day after day after day.

Miravep

Re: The Phyllis and Summer Show
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
I like Phyllis.  Not the character, who's always been a pot-stirring troublemaker, but the actress.  My problem is the stories they're building with her: I'm NOT a fan of her pairing with Nick, and HATE the story of Summer stealing her boyfriend (gross).

Summer is fun in small doses.  I don't think Hunter King is a strong enough actress to carry entire episodes.  When she's on a lot, her limitations become more obvious.  Mostly she relies on raising her eyebrows and shaking her head in a "sassy" way.  She ends every single scene with that move.  It's a really annoying tic.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 10:53:42 AM »
I don't like Phyllis who has her nose in everybody's business, junkyard dog.   I don't like Summer who is a sleazy, carbon copy of Phyllis.   Period!!

SANDY B

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »
I don't care for either of them.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
Other discussion boards I read have said the same thing.  That Mal Young loves GT and is happy to put her front burner. 

patty34

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 03:32:47 PM »
I can't stand Mariah.  She is a rude uninteresting bully. MY didn't bring her to the show and he doesn't seem interested in  the character. 

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 03:40:12 PM »
Rude and a bully?  No, that was Hillary, gone but still not forgotten.

PatsyB86

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 04:24:08 PM »
I think Mariah has become quite vulnerable lately.  She still keeps her guard up at times though.

Billie

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »
I can't stand Mariah.  She is a rude uninteresting bully. MY didn't bring her to the show and he doesn't seem interested in  the character.
I think Mariah is one of the better actors on this show.  I don't find her to be a bully at all.  She can be snarky but I think she adds to the show in a positive way.  I do wish they would give her a juicy S/L though.

wanda

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 09:59:28 PM »

Summer is the bully on the show. Remember Jamie? She's been a bully since she was a teenager. Phyllis is also a big bully.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »
I've never seen Mariah bully anyone.  Summer, on the other hand has always been a privileged brat, who has also been a bully at times.  Now she seems to be turning her vindictiveness towards her mother.  I suppose that somewhere deep down she might want to see Nick and Phyllis reunite, but I think her main motivation is that she wants Billy and doesn't care who she hurts to get him. 

marilyn

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 09:35:49 AM »

Phyllis was just called a "junkyard dog" in this thread.  Since our Vile President just called a woman a "dog", I kinda take umbrage to describing a woman in that way. 
I don't like Omarossa, not a bit, but even she does not deserve to be called a dog and neither does Phyllis.
I know the term was used to describe a way of behaving.  I just can't stand it.
I just loathe Trump and nearly everything he says.
Sorry

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 10:46:57 AM »

Phyllis was just called a "junkyard dog" in this thread.  Since our Vile President just called a woman a "dog", I kinda take umbrage to describing a woman in that way. 
I don't like Omarossa, not a bit, but even she does not deserve to be called a dog and neither does Phyllis.
Sorry

Please Phyllis acts like a junkyard dog all the time.  She's a soap character... I would never refer to Gina Tognoni that way.

The illegitimate president of the USA called a woman a dog, he wouldn't have used dog to describe a white woman.   A woman he hired 4 times because she said nice things about him.    She was trained by the dotard, he taught her to be like him... attention grabbing, disloyal and every other thing he is.

I'm so, so glad that she has tapes.   I'm not an Omarosa fan, when I see her on TV I can tell she cunning but very intelligent and will not let the dotard step on her.   I'll buy her book and I gleefully watch as tape after tape comes out. 

Jonathan

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 01:16:17 PM »
Watching the show today this sprung to mind.  If I knew how to put this song to pictures of Phyllis scenes I would do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8--8V7bVeI

patty34

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »

The #metoo movement has hit Y&R.  A lot of backstage drama is going to come out. Steven Kent (Sony) and Mal Young are the main targets.

I'm quoting: An adult actor sexually harassed a young actress and Steve Kent tried to cover it up.  The truth about this incident is finally going to come out.

Capricorn

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 12:08:25 PM »
Unless you are in the CBS studio with the cast and crew we need to see a reliable source of that information... like a link. 

Adding to this post at 12:27 Wednesday.

I found an article:  http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/51261/alleged-allegations-against-yr-amid-me-too-movement.

And the links within is much of the old accusations and unless it comes straight from Hunter King's mouth and Michael Muhney admits to wrong doings, I have nothing else to say.

A link from within the original link: http://rumorfix.com/2014/01/jerry-douglas-michael-muhney-is-high-strung-emotional/

Read it all the way to the bottom and notice that in places/links where the rumour could be proved wrong they are unclickable.  I wonder why?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:44:29 PM by Capricorn »

patty34

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 01:14:54 PM »
I don't expect MM to admit to this. It would end his career.  We could have lawsuits filed and we could get actors from Y&R doing interviews and telling us what actually happened.

Chuckles

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 01:34:35 PM »

Sorry
  Don't "be sorry" -- There is nothing to like about trump.

Capricorn

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »

I don't expect MM to admit to this. It would end his career.  We could have lawsuits filed and we could get actors from Y&R doing interviews and telling us what actually happened.

If it's true I expect Hunter King to come forward and say it's true.   You seem to overlook that part of the equation. 

Now sit down and shut up until we have both parties come forward and have their say.

patty34

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 02:42:30 PM »
MM is guilty and that will come out.  Sit down and shut up? You go bleep yourself old lady!

Capricorn

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 02:56:08 PM »
MM is guilty and that will come out.  Sit down and shut up? You go bleep yourself old lady!

You are done here dearie!

DianeM

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
Bravo, Cap.  We don't need such a nasty person on the forum.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:56:00 PM by DianeM »

Capricorn

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »
Thank you!  I know I can be cantankerous at times but this person really got my goat.

Soaprah

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
I second that, DianeM. I applaud you, Cap, for swift, deserved action.
We might disagree with each other here from time to time, but we try to be civil and respectful.

Twokeets

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »
Good grief. We sure don't need ridiculous rudeness in here. Get enough of that on the news.

Capricorn

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
I guess I baited her by telling her to sit down and shut up... I guess I own some of the blame but she has been getting on my last nerve since she started posting here.   I'm not sorry I banned her.

Billie

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »
Well THAT was rude!  I, for one, am glad you banned her.  Her remark was uncalled for.

Winza

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 07:36:41 PM »
You didnít bait her. You asked her to stop spreading unfounded rumors. She kept it up. Your frustrated response was understandable and deserved. Her return was rude and uncalled for. Glad she is gone.

marilyn

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 09:53:41 PM »

Thank you, Cap.
We certainly don't need the nastiness here.
I have my fill of that kind of person.