Author Topic: Wow Devon, What a jerk!  (Read 415 times)

SANDY B

Wow Devon, What a jerk!
« on: August 08, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
Good grief. I mean, he lost his wife, lost his child.  That would be devastating. I'm not discounting death, but it's not like they were married for 25, 15, 10 or even one year for that matter.  Just a very few short months ago, he couldn't stand her, or at least tried to convince himself and the audience of that fact. Now all of a sudden she was the person that meant the most to him of anyone in the entire world.
I have to admit that even though I didn't care for Hilary, I weeped right along with many of my fellow viewers and cast members, but I am having a hard time staying on the pity bandwagon of Hilary and garnering  sympathy for Devon's hatred of Lily.    The biggest reason for my lack of long term sympathy is because Hilary just wasn't a very likable character.
I'd have more sympathy for Devon if he wasn't treating Lily so horrible.  Hilary is not dead because of Lily. Hilary's death is the result of a tragic accident.  If Lily had intended to kill Hilary, she would have done it in another way.  She wouldn't have subjected herself and her son to getting killed in a car just to get the job done. Sure it was an accident and yes, there will be repercussions, but I'm sick of Devon acting like Lily planned this.
I may be getting a bit too anal here, but in reality, Hilary is dead because she wished to leave the show and the writers didn't figure that the character was worth the effort to recast the part. If I were Lily, I would consider it a blessing to get out of HWG and move on to something else, providing she doesn't go to jail.  At least if she isn't in front of Devon 24/7, maybe it will wipe that bitter smirk off his face.  I for one have seen and had enough of it.

stpauliegirl

Re: Wow Devon, What a jerk!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »
Devon is grieving and he is taking it out on Lily.  She should give him some space rather than chasing him around demanding that he forgive her.  He's not ready to do that yet.  The truth is that she shouldn't have been driving when she was fighting with Hilary.  She was distracted, took her eyes off the road, ran a red light, and then was hit by a truck.  Hilary was equally at fault for distracting Lily, but I doubt anyone will take that into account.  I think we all know that Hilary and Devon wouldn't last because Hilary was such a beotch.  It didn't work the first time around, and I doubt it would the second time either.

SANDY B

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 06:58:45 PM »
Yes I do believe she should give him some space.  Thank goodness he fired her and took care of that himself.  I just hope she stays away from him. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 08:10:13 PM »
I'm with Sandy.  They were probably going to get Devon and Hilary to a place where I would have eventually cared, but I didn't give two figs about them as a couple, or her character. 

I do feel bad for Devon (and the actor) because after he goes through this grief storyline, there won't be anything for him to do.  And there is no one on the canvas to put his character with.  He's already tried to date both Abby and Mariah, and I can't think of another single woman in his age range - except maybe Summer, and that would be a disaster (although she does seem to need $$ these days)

Maple Leaf

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
I think that both Neil and Lily need to back off Devon. Lily should have taken a Leave of Absence, in my opinion.

I never was a fan of Lily, but I donít think she should be persecuted. She didnít know she ran the light, but Cane did and he chose to keep quiet about it. 

SANDY B

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 09:21:33 PM »
I think that both Neil and Lily need to back off Devon. Lily should have taken a Leave of Absence, in my opinion.

I never was a fan of Lily, but I donít think she should be persecuted. She didnít know she ran the light, but Cane did and he chose to keep quiet about it.
The problem is, had Lily chosen to take a leave of absence, it would just be an iron in the fire to make her look guilty.  I mean, I realize she is guilty, but she did not do this on purpose.  This was an accident, pure and simple.  Many times, a driver has to take their eyes off the road for a second.  Person in the street, car swerving towards you, I could go on and on.  There is some percentage of premeditation when a person drives impaired and someone dies.  Lily was not impaired.

carousel58

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 06:09:17 AM »
Devon was so wrong the way he treated Lily, even after Neil spoke to both Devon and Lily and told them to leave their  personal problems at the door. I do agree though, Lily should  just give Devon some space, and the company.

jinx

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
I think everybody should give Devon some space and let him grieve. Lily hounds him about forgiving her every chance she gets. She's told him she's sorry so back off. Neil pontificates at him. Devon doesn't need to hear Nate's sad story now. They all mean well but it's only been a few days.

Winza

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »
Devon does need time and space to grieve.

But I sure donít look forward to months of self-righteous angry Devon.

SANDY B

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »

Yes, the self righteousness and anger are already old. Enough!

morningstar

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 01:38:17 PM »
What happened to Devon is terrible but he really has to cut Lilly a little slack. He's making it hard for me to feel sorry for him .  If he would take a minute to reflect on the situation he'll realize that sweet Shauna made the entire mess happen.

SANDY B

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 03:21:34 PM »
Wow, he was a real jerk in the Friday U.S. show. I am finding it very hard to sympathize with someone that damn near hated that same woman maybe two months ago.  Glad I have a strong neck or I would have whiplash.  LOL

jinx

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

The whole thing is getting old fast for me. I don't know how much more of the maudlin Hilary and baby stuff I can take.

monkeymome3

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »

The whole thing is getting old fast for me. I don't know how much more of the maudlin Hilary and baby stuff I can take.
I'm with you.  I could never wish forever jail on my own brother for what is clearly an accident.  It's horrible.  I wish Charlie and Maddie would go to Devon and declare their guilt for their part in this just to show him, everyone had a fault in this accident.  But it's a soap.  We have to have drama.  It's old, fast, for sure

SudzBearCat

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 07:16:38 PM »

The problem is, had Lily chosen to take a leave of absence, it would just be an iron in the fire to make her look guilty.  I mean, I realize she is guilty, but she did not do this on purpose.  This was an accident, pure and simple.  Many times, a driver has to take their eyes off the road for a second.  Person in the street, car swerving towards you, I could go on and on.  There is some percentage of premeditation when a person drives impaired and someone dies.  Lily was not impaired.
Lily committed vehicular homicide or involuntary manslaughter, depending on how you charge her.  She was grossly negligent behind the wheel.  I don't want her to go to prison (no s/l in that), but IRL I know someone who served 7 years for a similar incident that only maimed someone.

Capricorn

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 07:47:30 PM »
Lily might have taken her eyes off the road to look at Hilary who equally responsible for the argument.  It was an accident but she was certainly not grossly negligent.

The law is not usually the law in Genoa City.   Everybody in town should be in jail except the small children.

I've posted it before and I'll post it again.    I have taken my eyes off the road while driving... to change radio stations, to slide a CD in the slot, to take a look at my GPS because I hate "the voice," I have looked in the rearview mirror at my children when they were little kids, to look for a street number, to change lanes - I have taken my eyes off the road in front of me to check my blind spot or look in my side mirrors, and I'm sure for a lot of other reasons.   I guess I could have had an accident like Lily and I don't and can't think that it would be grossly negligent.  Distracted maybe.

Is there anyone on this forum who has never ever taken there eyes off the road while driving?    I find that hard to believe!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:46:51 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 09:17:44 PM »
I questioned Devon & Kneel's decision to make Hamilton-Winters' headquarters a one-room office with both principles, two interns, GCBuzz staff, a factotum and a modelling agent all working at the same time in close quarters, sometimes with tunes playing.  In addition to having to go out in the hall to make phone calls, you can't avoid seeing faces you don't want to see.