Author Topic: Lily's crime  (Read 343 times)

maxie

Lily's crime
« on: August 07, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »
First of all, why oh why is that truck driver not coming forward with his side of the story?  Anyway, everyone is acting as if Lily has committed a major felony here, and will surely go to jail, if not have her life ruined.  Uh, she ran a red light.  Unless she was impaired, I doubt it would be considered vehicular manslaughter.  But then Devon COULD raise the intent issue, which could open a can of worms.  Maybe that's where they are going with this.

Capricorn

Re: Lily's crime
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »
If you click on and read this link... you will get why the truck driver is not coming forward... they don't want to pay a day player.  http://soapoperacommunity.com/index.php?topic=18239.0

As to TIIC writing that the accident could result in vehicular manslaughter is just plain stupid... and we all know that Lily isn't going to jail.   Just another way to make Chief Clouseau look like an bumbling idiot yet again.   But what internet issue?  I think I missed something.

lawgirl

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:02:15 PM »
If this were real life, given that there could be a question of interpretation as to what really happened, the first thing to do would be to seek legal advice. One would think that Michael or a new character would already be involved.  Are they now going to make Lily a "monster", like they made Adam a "monster"?   It was an accident!! These things happen!!

carousel58

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 02:21:09 PM »
Lily did the right thing by going to the police, but I thought Paul treated her like a first rate criminal. I know he was doing his job as police chief, but he could have gone easier on Lily,. Then Michael, yelling at Lily the way he did. Poor Lilly, I just wanted to hug her!

jinx

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 04:57:23 PM »
Paul always jumps to conclusions and treats people like criminals. Lily did the right thing but she's such a martyr. "It's all my fault" is a soap staple. It gets tiresome.

monkeymome3

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 05:53:40 PM »
Paul and Christine will probably go for the death penalty, they are so inept

stpauliegirl

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 06:57:11 PM »
Given that a death resulted from the accident, Michael should have met earlier with Lily and gone over the answers she gave to Paul.  She made a point of saying it was all her fault, but I don't think she told Paul she still didn't remember running the light.  He is just assuming she did.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
I posted this in another topic but I'm posting it here again because I think it will answer all questions about accidents and charges:

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/criminal/traffic-violations/when-a-drivers-actions-amount-to-manslaughter.html

carolinagirl2001

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 08:07:52 PM »
I keep wondering if maybe Shauna is lying about Lilly running the red light. Not sure why it keeps coming to mind.

deirdra

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 08:10:43 PM »
Charlie saw her run the red light and told Cane at the hospital, before Shauna mentioned it.

carolinagirl2001

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »
Ok, guess I missed that!

SANDY B

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 08:30:38 PM »
If you click on and read this link... you will get why the truck driver is not coming forward... they don't want to pay a day player.  http://soapoperacommunity.com/index.php?topic=18239.0

As to TIIC writing that the accident could result in vehicular manslaughter is just plain stupid... and we all know that Lily isn't going to jail.   Just another way to make Chief Clouseau look like an bumbling idiot yet again.   But what internet issue?  I think I missed something.
Cap. I think its "intent" issue.  More than likely, good old Devon will try to play the Lily HATED Hilary card and set up to cause this accident on purpose.  He wouldn't have a tough time proving that Lily hated Hilary, but there is no way in hell that he can prove that she intentionally did this. First off, the biggest reason that it wouldn't fly, is she and her own son were in the car.

DebR

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 12:01:56 AM »
Given that a death resulted from the accident, Michael should have met earlier with Lily and gone over the answers she gave to Paul.  She made a point of saying it was all her fault, but I don't think she told Paul she still didn't remember running the light.  He is just assuming she did.

Thatís exactly what I was thinking.  Unless it happened off camera, which it didnít seem it did to me, why didnít Michael have a meeting with Lily before they talked to Paul to discuss what she should say?

Twokeets

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 08:55:05 AM »
Lily is right to be open to the police, but she has no more information than she already told them, since she doesn't remember running the red light. When she talked to Chief Clueless yesterday, she made it sound like she suddenly remembered more things, but she doesn't remember. They write it as if she's been on the run for a year, then decided to come clean. Also it was ridiculous for Chief to jump all over her, yelling at her for withholding information or whatever. Could he be compensating--you know, since he only gets to appear once a month, he has to pack a lot into his interrogation time.

Miravep

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 09:54:26 AM »
Michael screwed up by not informing his client BEFOREHAND that vehicular homicide was the charge in play.

Lily was an idiot for not following the advice he did give her: to simply state the facts.  Which are "It's come to my attention that Charlie and Shawna are saying they saw me run a red light."  Period. 

Lily was also an idiot for thinking she would simply have her license suspended.  She drove in a negligent manner that caused a woman's death.  That is serious.

LeannaLove

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »
Sorry if this has already been posted in another thread but throughout this story line, I've wondered where the insurance companies have been throughout the aftermath. 

There was a fatality and if the collision was serious enough to cause a death, certainly there's extensive damage to both Lily's car as well as the truck that was involved.  Granted, I don't tune in on a regular basis at this time (on a bit of a break from the show while I send 2 sons off to college) so maybe this has been addressed and I just missed it.

Also, the absence of an aggressive police investigation in light of the fatality is puzzling too.  But that one can be explained away by the ineptitude of the GCPD and their clueless chief.  But even if the cops are lax, the insurance investigators would not be.

franniep51

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »
Iíve been wondering some of the same as mentioned here.  Maybe there was a traffic camera that caught the accident.  Of course, cameras and phone service never works when needed in GC.  Insurance companies would be all over very this accident.