Author Topic: What was up with Tessa?  (Read 515 times)

stpauliegirl

What was up with Tessa?
« on: August 06, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »
During her call to Mariah, we saw her and she looked disheveled up against a gray wall.  She said she was getting Crystal settled in Canada.  Not sure how they got there if there was a warrant for Crystal's arrest, but I'll let that go.  All of a sudden Tessa told someone to leave her alone, to go away and then the phone went dead.  My initial thought was that Crystal was still in cahoots with the sex traffickers and they nabbed Tessa as well, but if that was the case Tessa would not have been allowed to keep her phone.  Ditto if she was arrested.  Any guess as to what is going on?  She can stay in Canada as long as she likes as far as I'm concerned.

Winza

Re: What was up with Tessa?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »
Please, please, please, no more sex trafficking story and no return of Crystal.  Don't pull Mariah into that mess.  Let Tessa go rather than start that up again.  More trouble than she's worth.

I still think there may be something between Mariah and Kyle and that could be worth exploring -- at least as good friends, if not something more.

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 05:18:54 PM »
Please, please, please, no more sex trafficking story and no return of Crystal.  Don't pull Mariah into that mess.  Let Tessa go rather than start that up again.  More trouble than she's worth.
Ditto.  The sex trafficking story was awful the first time.  We don't need a sequel.

SANDY B

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:24:31 PM »
I had to watch the entire episode again, just to catch this. I too hope they don't plan on dredging up this SL and Crystal again.  Crystal is a character that is very difficult to like, based on her stupidity. She had people looking out to protect her and ran from all of them.  She was old enough to understand good from bad.  Hard to sympathize with someone like that.

DebR

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:37 AM »
That was odd.  I hope itís going to be something new.  Seriously, how many times would they rehash Tessa leaving when thereís trouble with her sister?

morningstar

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 02:48:30 PM »
Poor  Mariah  just can't seem to be happy and in love.

supagal21

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »
Sorry but I don't really care and I was hoping she is gone for good

monkeymome3

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 05:34:19 PM »
Sorry but I don't really care and I was hoping she is gone for good
IKR, me too.  I am sure it's more of the sex ring bullship. 

pcrchik

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »
i may be a bit heartless here but it sounded a little fake to me.  like she was all lovey with mariah and then literally the next words out of her mouth were stop, leave me alone or something, but her tone didn't change (at least not to my ears) it was like she was having the same conversation just using different words.  the phone wasn't muffled or she didn't sound in distress or anything, just talking. sounded a bit wonky to me.  ???

Peridot

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 01:58:14 PM »
I won't miss Tessa.  Seems to me the writers left her departure a bit ambiguous.  They never seemed committed to taking this girl romance any further, and yet didn't want to squash any possibility of bringing Tessa back in the future.  They probably also want to give Mariah hope rather than have her mourn yet another failed relationship.

deirdra

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »
I got the same feeling pcrchik, that Tessa was faking the attack because there were no background noises.  I won't miss her.

lawgirl

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 02:15:02 PM »
I don't think that this character was ever really fleshed out.   Originally, I think she was brought in for a musical angle and then teen drama. Then she was involved with the sex ring which bombed in my opinion and then they decided to go the lesbian route. However, she doesn't have any chemistry with Mariah -- she hasn't had chemistry with anyone -- nor is her musical ability any better than average.  I think they should lose this character.

SANDY B

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 02:33:02 PM »
i may be a bit heartless here but it sounded a little fake to me.  like she was all lovey with mariah and then literally the next words out of her mouth were stop, leave me alone or something, but her tone didn't change (at least not to my ears) it was like she was having the same conversation just using different words.  the phone wasn't muffled or she didn't sound in distress or anything, just talking. sounded a bit wonky to me.  ???
I got exactly the same impression you did.  Really poorly done scene.

slmken

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »
Never liked this character :P hope she leaves town for good >:(