Author Topic: Shauna, if it wasn't for you, they wouldn't have been in that car.  (Read 314 times)

stpauliegirl

I'm getting tired of Shauna accusing Lily of running the red light and killing Hilary, as if she did it on purpose.  The only reason they were in the car in the first place was because they were out looking for Shauna, who ran from the Penthouse when Lily and Hilary started arguing about Shauna's invitation to Charlie to come over for a booty call.  As it turned out, she and Charlie didn't even end up having sex.  No need to run away.  She also wasn't in the car and didn't know what was going on inside.  Lily was mad and was distracted by the fight, which Hilary was giving as good as she got.  Charlie was in the car and could testify what happened up to the time of the crash. It is easy to say in hindsight that you wish you hadn't done something, but in the heat of the moment, sometimes you don't think straight.

Winza

Re: Shauna, if it wasn't for you, they wouldn't have been in that car.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »
Talk about self-righteous!  Poor widdle lost soul Shauna is now pretty strident and obnoxious, under the protection of the billionaire, isn't she?

The landslide of events that led to this tragic accident was started by the rock kicked down the hill when Shauna lured Charlie for sex -- something she started almost immediately after they got to know each other.  She was a sneak who abused Hilary's trust in her and totally took advantage of Devon letting her live with them in the penthouse.

I certainly hope Mal Young doesn't think she is a good replacement for Hilary as a pot-stirrer.  She's just annoying.

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
Talk about self-righteous!  Poor widdle lost soul Shauna is now pretty strident and obnoxious, under the protection of the billionaire, isn't she?

I have always found her to be "strident and obnoxious".

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »
I certainly hope Mal Young doesn't think she is a good replacement for Hilary as a pot-stirrer.  She's just annoying.
She is strident & annoying and needs to be shipped off to her parents before she accused Devon of doing something inappropriate.

carousel58

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
Shauna has been so disrespectful to Lilly, and to Cane too. She's acting like Lily did this on purpose. None of this would have even happened if Shauna did invite Charlie over.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 02:49:14 PM »
Amen!

SudzBearCat

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
I kinda like her.  Compared to Lily and even the dear departed Hillary, she's a kitten.

wanda

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 07:09:00 PM »
No body should have chased after her when she ran out. She would have come back on her own. Where else would she have gone? She is 16 years old, nor 5. They all over reacted.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »
I don't have the hate on for Shauna that most people do.  She did the right thing, telling the truth, even after Cane tried to bully her. 

As far as her storyline goes, I don't like the fact that she's allowed by her parents to stay with Devon.  She suffered a tragedy, so you'd think one or both of her parents would come to her side, and take over from there.   I feel her brother should be ok by now and could probably manage a few days on his own in rehab, without both his parents there. 

She'll probably be written as some conniving psychopath eventually, but for the moment, she doesn't bother me.

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 12:37:39 PM »
What tragedy did Shauna suffer?

I have always believed there is something fishy about Shauna from her first appearance on Y&R.   I don't even believe there are real parents,  we have never seen them.   Any one in genoa City had "contact" with said parents have only done so by phone.   The fact that she doesn't look like a 16 year old and more like a 20 - 30 woman doesn't help my continuing suspicions about her.   In any case I just don't like the character, I find the actress unattractive and untalented.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:18:11 PM by Capricorn »

PatsyB86

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 03:32:08 PM »
I don't have the hate on for Shauna that most people do.  She did the right thing, telling the truth, even after Cane tried to bully her. 

As far as her storyline goes, I don't like the fact that she's allowed by her parents to stay with Devon.  She suffered a tragedy, so you'd think one or both of her parents would come to her side, and take over from there.   I feel her brother should be ok by now and could probably manage a few days on his own in rehab, without both his parents there

She'll probably be written as some conniving psychopath eventually, but for the moment, she doesn't bother me.

I do not know what type of rehab he is in or if I have part of the story wrong (maybe the parents just relocated near the facility), In any case, IRL a patient is normally isolated in rehab-they intermingle with staff and other patients only. Even as a minor, there should be no parents there with him.  Allowing family into any type of Rehab would be a privacy invasion to other patients. They do hold "family visit days" after a certain amount of time. I know it's a soap but just pointing out another hole in the story.

jinx

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 04:22:50 PM »
I don't even believe there is a brother. In another post somebody suggested that her parents are cons. I've thought that from the start. I wouldn't be surprised to see her "parents" show up looking for a handout. Neither Hilary or Devon ever met them. Talking on the phone means nothing. I know Devon is vulnerable right now but I'm surprised he's so gullible. Neil ought to tell him it's not appropriate for Shauna to live there now. Shauna seems too self-assured and experienced for a 16-yr-old.

pjones

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »
Yeah, I too think she is some kind of a con. I think she wil come off as a 20 something conning everybody. She most likely is a runaway with nowhere to go. Shauna goes to a different school than the Ashbys right? These are just my thoughts 🙂

Maple Leaf

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 06:57:53 PM »
I hope sheís not a con.  Iím pretty sure thatís the path the writers will go, but Iíd like to see something good come out of her storyline. Iím aware sheís not a popular character, but  I donít find her all that bad of an actress and I find her pretty.  She reminds me of my niece.