Author Topic: ~Fashion August 6th~  (Read 196 times)

Capricorn

~Fashion August 6th~
« on: August 06, 2018, 03:32:50 PM »

This dress is awful on Sharon.  I think it would look great on Mattie.

It's so refreshing to see a character in an actual comfortable pair of sandals.

Mattie is so cute in this dress at Hillary's memorial service.

Simple and appropriate dress that Lily wore at the memorial.

I thought Lily looked really good in this dress but I don't like her hair up in a bun.

Looking very good in a simple dress that's not form fitting.   Mattie could borrow this from her mother's closet, it would look good on her too.

It's a nice dress and Victoria looks good in red.  All that hair on her shoulders takes away from the full picture of the dress.  A size larger would be better too... her boobs are being squashed.

Victoria looks great in this dress.  Funny but everytime she wears white I think she looks fabulous.

Not a good style Jacket for Nikki, I don't like that colour of blue on her either.

I don't like this outfit but actually don't mind it on Abby.

Phyllis is the only woman I know who looks good in horizontal stripes.

Just no!

Genoa City Madam.  Horrible dress to wear to a memorial service.  It's like - "Look at me, look at me!  Don't think about the person who died! Look at how sexy I am!"

Goldilocks

Re: ~Fashion August 6th~
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »
 The first dress on Sharon is ill fitting and too juvenile. A big no to that wrinkled ugly jumpsuit on Phyllis and Nikki's jacket.

jinx

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 05:17:40 PM »
Glad to see the fashion topic this week, Cap!
That striped dress makes Sharon look fat, which she isn't, and the back is too little-girl cutesy.
I love Mattie's funeral dress.
Lily looks good in both black and green dresses.The green dress is a perfect fit. I don't care for the gray one.
Victoria looks good in red. Agreed that it looks a little tight. Her hair looks much better pulled back or up. It's way too much hair for her. She also looks nice in the white dress.
No to Nikki's blue outfit.

Abby's dress is a bit school-marmish.
Phyllis's striped dress looked better on TV than in this picture. Not sure where she wore it but the wrinkly outfit looks like lounge wear. As I said in another post, she just couldn't pass up a chance to flaunt it at the funeral. GC Madame is a good description.

bren

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »
The gray dress looked great on Lily, but entirely inappropriate for any work situation.

missybug88

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 07:55:33 PM »
Agree the striped dress on Sharon was too tight fitting and juvenile on Sharon. She is normally dressed very age appropriate and casual, which I appreciated very much.

Mattie and her mom both look nice at the post-funeral reception. Do miss Mattie's glasses, but I suppose contacts were in order.

Lily in the grey knit dress? Not a fan of that for the office. I actually like her hair up off of her face though. Green dress okay.

Red dress neckline not flattering on Victoria....White dress A+

Seems the wardrobe people insist on making Nikki look heavy. All those ruffles and layers only add visual pounds, and her hair looks so much nicer in that shorter bob.

Phyllis in the Silk Pajama Thing. Uhg! I'm sorry, but I would refuse to wear that contraption.

Phyllis funeral dress? Ugly and inappropriate.

Thanks Capricorn for doing this. Fun moments every week!

Billie

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 08:16:34 PM »
A big no on for anything on Phyllis.  Yech.
Hated that dress on Sharon.  She can usually pull off anything but this makes her look impossibly fat (which she's not).  Loved the light blue casual sweater on her.
Victoria scores with both the red and the white, the white dress was outstanding on her. 
Liked both the green and grey dresses on Lily.  She has just about the perfect body IMO.
Abby looked nice also.

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
I loved Lily's black funeral dress and the simple necklace.

Sharon looked short-waisted and overly bosomy in that too short sundress.

Phyllis could have worn that wrinkled satin jumpsuit as a villainess in a 1940s Charlie Chan movie.

As for that black number-- "Genoa City madam", indeed!  ;D [size=78%] [/size]

TOUREIFFEL

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »
Sharon's dress:  Yikes, it looks like she's folding in on herself. 
Sandals:  Sharon has been dressing more casually for the summer.  I like the sandals and also the white shorts she wore yesterday.  Soap actors are always dressed to the nines and I love seeing them in easier, more comfortable clothes. 
Mattie's dress:  Very cute and appropriate for the funeral, but I agree with missybug88, her eyes look lost without her glasses.  I definitely think she needs to lose those ugly ones she was wearing and get some pretty ones that flatter her instead of making her look like Mr. Magoo.
Lily's black dress:  Perfect, but she should have worn her hair up to complete the elegant look.
Gray dress:  Gorgeous on her, but should be a more vibrant color, like that fuschia that is infused with blue.  She would have knocked everyone's  eyes out in that getup with her fabulous figure. 
Lily's green shift dress and the hair:  Meh. 
Vicky's red dress:  Just okay, hate the short sleeves.
Her white dress:  Just doesn't look good ( in this photo at least) with her skin tone. 
Same with Nikki's electric blue suit:  Way too strong a color for her coloring.  Washes her out. 
Abby's suit:  I thin someone said it was schoolmarmish.  I agree. 
Phyllis' striped dress:  Love it, looks great on her. 
Her pale blue jumpsuit:  Whomever picked this out should be let go. 
Her black abomination:  Very appropriate if she were a drag queen at a Hallowee'n party. 

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »
I guess I'm the only one who likes Phyllis's black dress, but it's not appropriate for a funeral or for work.

Peridot

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 01:40:57 PM »
Sharon needs to ditch the little girl sundresses.  She's getting too old for that look.  When you're over 40, I say you've earned the right to a little dignity.  I do like Sharon's silver thong sandals.

All the other outfits are not bad.  I especially like Mattie's floral skirt and black top, and Lily's black dress.  I love the blue of Nikki's pantsuit, except the jacket would look better loose with no belt.

The worst on the page belongs to Phyllis.  We've already commented on her Morticia Addams black lace.  The blue pantsuit is way too fussy and drapey.  Who wants to haul around all that extra fabric in the summer?